2.2 Essence drain/Contagion Acro [Trickster Shadow]

Last edited by Landosss on Mar 10, 2016, 1:10:12 PM
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2016, 3:23:11 PM
You would get a lot more damage out of empower or increased duration instead of poison. Or much better utility out of a quality faster projectiles or lmp. Equip poison just for bosses.

Fatal toxins is wasted in this build. Better off getting witch spell damage or phase acro.

Dirty techniques is a solid decision. But going deep into duelist seems less than optimal. I suggest profane chemistry( the flask boost is awesome) or templar routing with amplify and discipline and training.

The melding cluster seems bad if you arent hybrid. But the travel distance doesnt get any better than that.

Projectile weakness blasphemy seems a bit underwhelming for this build. Temp chains is pretty awesome in this build. I think you might benefit more from vulnerability for damage. Or perhaps drop the dual blasphemy altogether and use grace.

Vaal those 20/20 gems, mate.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jan 13, 2016, 7:47:12 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
You would get a lot more damage out of empower or increased duration instead of poison. Or much better utility out of a quality faster projectiles or lmp. Equip poison just for bosses.

Fatal toxins is wasted in this build. Better off getting witch spell damage or phase acro.

Dirty techniques is a solid decision. But going deep into duelist seems less than optimal. I suggest profane chemistry( the flask boost is awesome) or templar routing with amplify and discipline and training.

The melding cluster seems bad if you arent hybrid. But the travel distance doesnt get any better than that.

Projectile weakness blasphemy seems a bit underwhelming for this build. Temp chains is pretty awesome in this build. I think you might benefit more from vulnerability for damage. Or perhaps drop the dual blasphemy altogether and use grace.

Vaal those 20/20 gems, mate.

A lot of great and helpfull tips thank you man :D

However I have to disagree about the poison and projectile weakness suggestions because after testing a lot with support gems for this set up I came to the conclution that 100% pierce chance makes me able to get so many poison stacks on packs that it increases also the clear speed
What would you suggest for bandits?
Also, why pierce?
Last edited by LaputnMachine on Mar 7, 2016, 4:00:24 PM
Does that poison dot-s get transfered too to other targets when they die?
IGN: Teeborg
I'm using both slower and faster projectile support gems instead of poison (and piercing in your build). This provides a nice DPS boost.

Poison seems lack-luster to me for a few reasons:

1. Base starts at 10% of the chaos damage which for ED is only the chaos damage on-hit
2. The passives and the gem can push the damage of poison up by approx. 100%, but now we're talking a total of 20% of the chaos damage on-hit.
3. A six-linked ED is over 40 mana to cast so it's not great to spam
4. The cast speed for ED is not great so it's hard to build up significant poison stacks
5. The total poison damage doesn't compare to the ED DoT

It seems like a lot of work for a small reward.

Compare it now to Faster Projectiles and Slower Projectiles at the same time. At level 20, each increase the damage by 29%. This increases the DoT value and therefore it's "free" damage.

EDIT:

The projectile support gems say "increased" which would mean additive (instead of multiplicative)... so the +58% damage for the two is not as awesome as it sounds.

The poison double-dips I believe, which means all the +chaos damage causes the initial damage of ED to be higher, and then increases the resulting poison damage as well.

So maybe someone with more energy (and time) than me can put together the math and see where the breakpoint is. And by breakpoint, I mean the attacks per second of ED that would be required for poison to out-pace the +58% dmg from both projectile support gems.

Last edited by Kozikuru on Mar 8, 2016, 4:35:42 PM
"
LaputnMachine wrote:
What would you suggest for bandits?
Also, why pierce?

Oak - kill all - kill all or krayten

Pierce makes ed hit more target's and spread more while also giving a more multiplier and it spreads also the poison
Last edited by Landosss on Mar 9, 2016, 6:20:48 AM
"
Teeborg wrote:
Does that poison dot-s get transfered too to other targets when they die?

no contagion can only spread the essence drain damage but pierce makes the poison hit more enemies
"
Kozikuru wrote:
I'm using both slower and faster projectile support gems instead of poison (and piercing in your build). This provides a nice DPS boost.

Poison seems lack-luster to me for a few reasons:

1. Base starts at 10% of the chaos damage which for ED is only the chaos damage on-hit
2. The passives and the gem can push the damage of poison up by approx. 100%, but now we're talking a total of 20% of the chaos damage on-hit.
3. A six-linked ED is over 40 mana to cast so it's not great to spam
4. The cast speed for ED is not great so it's hard to build up significant poison stacks
5. The total poison damage doesn't compare to the ED DoT

It seems like a lot of work for a small reward.

Compare it now to Faster Projectiles and Slower Projectiles at the same time. At level 20, each increase the damage by 29%. This increases the DoT value and therefore it's "free" damage.

EDIT:

The projectile support gems say "increased" which would mean additive (instead of multiplicative)... so the +58% damage for the two is not as awesome as it sounds.

The poison double-dips I believe, which means all the +chaos damage causes the initial damage of ED to be higher, and then increases the resulting poison damage as well.

So maybe someone with more energy (and time) than me can put together the math and see where the breakpoint is. And by breakpoint, I mean the attacks per second of ED that would be required for poison to out-pace the +58% dmg from both projectile support gems.

1. chaos damage increases both the initial hit and the poison damage
2. poison can stack multiple times so it melts bosses
3. you can easily spam if you keep vaal clarity for bosses
4. cast speed is great for bosses because again, I use vaal clarity
5. again poison stacks so in the end deals even more then ed

I already tested both slower and faster proj and it's not even close to the damage of poison + pierce

Overall the big buff from the ascendancy class for ED is the cast speed so u can spam ed and stack the poison sooo many times + increasing poison stacks duration with temporal chains

Clear was never a problem so more dot with ed for packs is nice but overall useless on end game maps
What about the Piercing Shots passive cluster, instead of the support gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info