2.2 Essence drain/Contagion Acro [Trickster Shadow]

First of all, thanks for making these awesome guides!

How viable would you consider this build to be in HC? Any obvious changes that quickly spring to mind to make it more viable in HC?
Last edited by Firewolx on Mar 13, 2016, 12:01:12 PM
"
Firewolx wrote:
First of all, thanks for making these awesome guides!

How viable would you consider this build to be in HC? Any obvious changes that quickly spring to mind to make it more viable in HC?

I think is one of the best caster builds for HC at the moment to be honest,

to be more tanky you can use a lightning coil and a taste of hate flask
Alright, thanks for answering! I've been having trouble deciding between this build and the Scion build MannerCookie has been using.. Am I correct in my assessment that your build has more damage and the scion build has more defensive passives?
"
Firewolx wrote:
Alright, thanks for answering! I've been having trouble deciding between this build and the Scion build MannerCookie has been using.. Am I correct in my assessment that your build has more damage and the scion build has more defensive passives?

I don't know too much about Mannercookie's build but for what I've seen I think my build is a lot faster at killing bosses because of the high cast speed that let's me stack a ton of poison stacks, tankyness should be about the same with a few more points on the tree
"
Firewolx wrote:

You can take Iron reflexes instead of Acrobatics to be tankier
I might be terrible wrong but I took your build, and rebuilt it with shield tank, casting interupts can be annyoing if I try to cast ED in the middle of a group.

I hope it will work out good later on the maps. So far it's so good, tho cruel Argus one hited me from 2.5k total hp. I even planing to get Exceptional Performance passive on the skill tree later on so it would help the poison even more.

What I don't understand is the pierce for cleaning. I put a contagion on a pack and one shot the weakest mob and everybody around it gets both debuff, they melt like butter meanwhile I just attack twice with the whirling blades - 1 to slide in, 1 to slide out... that reminds me of something :-D -

For me the curses looked weird. The tempral chain is rock solid, though I use Poacher's Mark in the leveling proess instead of anything else, because it's the only way to build up that frenzy charges for as long as you don't have the ascendancy passive, what I'm planing to take only in merciless and what kinda looked weak for me with the 10%, but I never tried it so I gues... it would work with that 10%.

What's more about curse that I'm thinking on moving the curses to the boots instead holding it in the shield, and I have 2 reason to do this.
There are just 2 variety of curses what we might would like to use on this. Blashpemy is blue, Temporal chain is Green, so we allways going to need a blue and green soc, what else we need is sometimes an other blue for enfeeble, vulnerability, or an other green soc for poacher's mark or projectile weaknes (tho I still don't understand the why is the pierce).
With that you can now swap between weapon sets and have more oppurtionity to do things without turning your auras curses off.

Extra thoughts:
Since I went energy shield I don't really need hp so now I could play with Sheverone's Wrappings if I would have the money for it then I might smart out something to reserve my hp for a third curse??? it's just a theory, I have't smarted it out yet.
Cause of Eldritch Knowledge I managed to get +35% chaos damage.
Wither need Increased duration too.

I will throw in a skill tree, and some more cookies too for discussion.
IGN: Teeborg
Last edited by Teeborg on Mar 14, 2016, 11:32:46 PM
And they patched out the spread bug so it's works cool again \o/ :))
IGN: Teeborg
"
Teeborg wrote:
I might be terrible wrong but I took your build, and rebuilt it with shield tank, casting interupts can be annyoing if I try to cast ED in the middle of a group.

I hope it will work out good later on the maps. So far it's so good, tho cruel Argus one hited me from 2.5k total hp. I even planing to get Exceptional Performance passive on the skill tree later on so it would help the poison even more.

What I don't understand is the pierce for cleaning. I put a contagion on a pack and one shot the weakest mob and everybody around it gets both debuff, they melt like butter meanwhile I just attack twice with the whirling blades - 1 to slide in, 1 to slide out... that reminds me of something :-D -

For me the curses looked weird. The tempral chain is rock solid, though I use Poacher's Mark in the leveling proess instead of anything else, because it's the only way to build up that frenzy charges for as long as you don't have the ascendancy passive, what I'm planing to take only in merciless and what kinda looked weak for me with the 10%, but I never tried it so I gues... it would work with that 10%.

What's more about curse that I'm thinking on moving the curses to the boots instead holding it in the shield, and I have 2 reason to do this.
There are just 2 variety of curses what we might would like to use on this. Blashpemy is blue, Temporal chain is Green, so we allways going to need a blue and green soc, what else we need is sometimes an other blue for enfeeble, vulnerability, or an other green soc for poacher's mark or projectile weaknes (tho I still don't understand the why is the pierce).
With that you can now swap between weapon sets and have more oppurtionity to do things without turning your auras curses off.

Extra thoughts:
Since I went energy shield I don't really need hp so now I could play with Sheverone's Wrappings if I would have the money for it then I might smart out something to reserve my hp for a third curse??? it's just a theory, I have't smarted it out yet.
Cause of Eldritch Knowledge I managed to get +35% chaos damage.
Wither need Increased duration too.

I will throw in a skill tree, and some more cookies too for discussion.

Great work with the theory building I can feel that you're putting a lot of passion in it so you should go ahead with it and I hope you can find a shavronne's wrapping :D. Ofcourse let me know how it goes.

About pierce in this video I go over why pierce and poison are good with ED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMtjt_gE2oA

in the end it just makes the build faster and a lot less vulnerable to enemy attacks because you never have to do the "1 to slide in, 1 to slide out..." inside dangerous enemy packs (and yes that feels dirty xD).
Hey Landosss can you update the build? check the best build for this? im using it and i love, you forget to add ascendancy points?
"
BladeMytsu wrote:
Hey Landosss can you update the build? check the best build for this? im using it and i love, you forget to add ascendancy points?

The build is updated, you have to clink the icon on the passive skill tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info