[2.4] Crit Ice Nova Elementalist - <2 min Gorges, Freezes bosses

"
hasi_latta wrote:
Hi,

yesterday i found Pledge of Hands. Is it possible to play this build
with the staff?
In the carcass jack i want to put: curse on hit, warlords mark, lightning warp, less duration,
increase area of efect, assns mark.

is this still possible and perhaps also better?

Thanks for your answers.

I don't think it's better. Your crit chance is gonna be lower, as well as damage, no whirling blades means worse mobility, and you really don't want to LW into groups of enemies - you are not tanky enough to do that. Ele Weakness and Temp Chains are better than Ass Mark and War Mark, although you might need to use Ass Mark just to get decent crit reliability. Also, while you will end up having more unreserved mana and will be able to use heralds, for example, the Curse on Hit setup won't have nearly enough range to curse the whole screen - as you can do with the Blasphemy setup. Personally, I would just sell the Pledge if I wanted to do this kind of build, but if you like it, you can probably do something with it. There would be a lot of changes, though, so maybe look at some other Ice Nova builds.
1 advice to the build. The option i haave is herald of ice in my dagger (i dont use teleport). It's not for strict damage, but Herald Of Ice + Mana Leech + Life Leech... and game semms more fun. Better survivality and more mana.

Another advices: We all know the build is created for price friendly - so ok. Player, who did it wanted to minimize costs. However if you will be reach enough there are some items and advices:

There is fabulous item - HERETIC'S VEIL. It gives -12% mana reservation (and some other fabulous options, f.e. works like blasphemy orb). That's why i have elemental weakness + tmporar chains in heretics veil and there is herald of ice in wapon, where i have life and mana leech. I have 270 mana after 3 buffs active remaining, so its enough to cast 4-5(x2 spell echo) times if you have mana leech. The option costs 2-3 exalts. I just luckly dropped it :)

The other think i have is doedre's ring. It's peace of crap. Besides 5% resists there is nothing valiuable in the ring. That's why if You will be reach enough there are amulets with:
1 additional course
some crit chance
some crit multi
10-15 all resists
... all in one item

So better way is to have 2 regular rings witch portion of critics, plus eventually some resists, and the 1 additional course in amulet.... but amulet such this costs 3-7 exalts :)

I also thaught about diffrent armour but -20% of cast area is much. Atziri's is cool but worse. We have to assume the build is created to be moveable a lot and to kill creatures in distance so more distance is better survivality so +20% areagives us some survivality :)
I upgraded the build... and game ends on 11 tier maps. Its not a problem to do 11-16 tiers but only magic ones, and most of them without bosses. We cannot talk about doing red maps with yellow corrupted sufixes. It's great build to farm&drop purpouse but it sucks on bosses more than i expected. That's why i started marusder, couse witch is not upgradable.
Why not go up for the Heart of Ice and Breath of Rime nodes?

Also, is there kind of a path you'd go while leveling? Like, what nodes to prioritize and what to skip for later?
Last edited by ThaKeeper on Dec 6, 2016, 11:52:19 AM
"
ThaKeeper wrote:
Why not go up for the Heart of Ice and Breath of Rime nodes?

Also, is there kind of a path you'd go while leveling? Like, what nodes to prioritize and what to skip for later?

Getting Heart of Ice is simply not efficient. You get more damage for less points spend elsewhere.

With regards to lvling, there really isn't a set way what to do it. Normally, you would get Cruel Preparation, then travel to the Templar area (if you are using Searing Bond or totems, there are some good nodes on the way) until you get Retribution; once you got Doedre's, pick the aura nodes and start running Blasphemy Dual Curse (very strong early), then go into Shadow. Along the way, pick life or damage nodes as you see fit. Once you have both Templar and Shadow skeletons with some life and damage, fill out crit and aoe. You can even pick some AoE early, depending on what skill you decide to lvl with.
Last edited by Cabesi on Dec 6, 2016, 2:21:05 PM
"
Cabesi wrote:

Getting Heart of Ice is simply not efficient. You get more damage for less points spend elsewhere.

With regards to lvling, there really isn't a set way what to do it. Normally, you would get Cruel Preparation, then travel to the Templar area (if you are using Searing Bond or totems, there are some good nodes on the way) until you get Retribution; once you got Doedre's, pick the aura nodes and start running Blasphemy Dual Curse (very strong early), then go into Shadow. Along the way, pick life or damage nodes as you see fit. Once you have both Templar and Shadow skeletons with some life and damage, fill out crit and aoe. You can even pick some AoE early, depending on what skill you decide to lvl with.

Sweet, thanks for the help!

Seems like i've at least done some right. I just got Light of Divinity at level 36, picked up Cruel Prepatation first, then the nodes on the way down to templar, giving me some damage and life. Also got the area nodes, as i'm leveling with Ice Nova and Freezing Pulse. Did pick up a crit node, but that's alright.
Last edited by ThaKeeper on Dec 7, 2016, 1:27:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info