[2.4] Crit Ice Nova Elementalist - <2 min Gorges, Freezes bosses

"
Domee wrote:
Hello !

I have a question with this build. I'm really loving it currently(lvl 82) and having fun with it. My only problem is that I have mana issues. I finally managed to 6L my carcass (200+ Fuses) and at best I can cast like 4 Ice novas then I have to wait. How much would my mana effect if:
-I'd have my gems 20% ? Currently lvl 19 and 0% qual
-Clarity turns 20/20
-Maybe try to get 1 or 2 gems with mana reduc or item w mana ?

Thank you for reading and answering !

Only gem lvls affect mana cost, quality doesn't. Lvl20 Clarity will help a bit. Having more mana left unreserved would help a bit as well. Not sure how much you have now... but it should be above something like 1200 (that should guarantee you have more than 250 unreserved). Some mana on items is not terrible, but it's more of a luxury option, if you have nothing better to put on it. Elreon jewellery are not worth it since they reduce the cost by flat amount and Ice Nova costs a lot. Mostly be sure to have all the mana regen nodes on tree... also some mana regen on ring wouldn't hurt. All in all, you are not supposed to spam Ice Nova indefinitely, I can only do a couple of casts as well - but everything dies in one double-cast, so it usually isn't a problem. Against bosses use FP - which you can spam. Anyway, glad to hear you enjoy the build!
Currently my build looks like this and I have like 300+ mana unreserved. around 40k+ dps with ice nova and FP is 100k+. Can you give me any tips where I should maybe improve or is it fine ? I'd kinda want to try atziri/uber lab but I think I'll need 20/20 gems for that. How much will they boost my dps ?

Gear:

Jewels are mostly double cast dmg,crit multi etc.
"
Domee wrote:
Currently my build looks like this and I have like 300+ mana unreserved. around 40k+ dps with ice nova and FP is 100k+. Can you give me any tips where I should maybe improve or is it fine ? I'd kinda want to try atziri/uber lab but I think I'll need 20/20 gems for that. How much will they boost my dps ?

Gear:

Jewels are mostly double cast dmg,crit multi etc.

Extra lvl on Ice Nova will give you about 10% more dmg, then qualities on everything will be another 10%. The biggest damage boost would be to get more crit multi - daggers, amulet, mostly - otherwise your gear is pretty much there. You don't really need 20/20 gems or this gear upgrade to take on Uber Lab or Atziri, although extra damage always helps to reduce the time in which you can make mistakes. For extra single target, swap FP with Ice Nova so that it's 6L (and also replace AoE with Faster Casting), that should help a lot.
Hello.

Why do You use elemental weakness instead of frosbite? The build couses only ice DMG and Frosbite has more ice resist penalty and adds extra freeze chance.
"
Spooky86 wrote:
Hello.

Why do You use elemental weakness instead of frosbite? The build couses only ice DMG and Frosbite has more ice resist penalty and adds extra freeze chance.

I used to use Frostbite before, but with Elementalist you also cause burns, so Ele Weakness is better for that purpose. Besides, with quality the resistance reduction is the same as Frostbite. I also don't really need any extra freeze chance, since with 88% crit chance, almost every cast freezes anyway.
One more question :)

The mechanics sais i can spell 1 curse. The ring gives me 1 additiona curse. How is possible to use 3 curses? You have Temp Chains, Ass Mark and Ele Weakness with Blaschemy.
"
Spooky86 wrote:
One more question :)

The mechanics sais i can spell 1 curse. The ring gives me 1 additiona curse. How is possible to use 3 curses? You have Temp Chains, Ass Mark and Ele Weakness with Blaschemy.

I have three equipped, but can only use two of them at the same time :).
Any advice on how to survive for this build? I find that some bosses and mobs just destroy me.

Here is my gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darqnyght/characters
"
darqnyght wrote:
Any advice on how to survive for this build? I find that some bosses and mobs just destroy me.

Here is my gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darqnyght/characters

1. Replicate my flasks
2. Do Dry Lake until all your gems are at least lvl17

Other than that, you should be good.
Hi,

yesterday i found Pledge of Hands. Is it possible to play this build
with the staff?
In the carcass jack i want to put: curse on hit, warlords mark, lightning warp, less duration,
increase area of efect, assns mark.

is this still possible and perhaps also better?

Thanks for your answers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info