[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Hi, LiftingNerdBro! Thanks for this build, it is really fun to wipe out monsters this way.
Don't you think that blasphemy temporal chains is more efficient than arctic armor? You stand stationary not so much time so damage reduction don't work permanently. And slowing effect from temporal chains is better than from AA. Plus poison will stay longer.
And there is pretty nice crafting mod from Leo that increases damage over time. Since we do not use unique weapon it's additional damage boost. I think it should be noticed in the build description :)
And why vaal haste?

Stay safe too!
Last edited by EmeraldEyed on Jan 20, 2016, 11:33:02 PM
"
EmeraldEyed wrote:
Hi, LiftingNerdBro! Thanks for this build, it is really fun to wipe out monsters this way.
Don't you think that blasphemy temporal chains is more efficient than arctic armor? You stand stationary not so much time so damage reduction don't work permanently. And slowing effect from temporal chains is better than from AA. Plus poison will stay longer.
Stay safe too!

I think mana reserved is a problem with Blasphemy 35%, Discipline 35%, and adding in Clarity. AA is 25% so it leaves a little wiggle room. Not sure about poison part.
"
Precordial wrote:

I think mana reserved is a problem with Blasphemy 35%, Discipline 35%, and adding in Clarity. AA is 25% so it leaves a little wiggle room. Not sure about poison part.

I use this setup now and I have not mana problems, thanks to Clarity. I use only 5-link essence drain, but I haven't allocated all mana nodes yet.
And "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" it's from wiki.
"
EmeraldEyed wrote:
And there is pretty nice crafting mod from Leo that increases damage over time. Since we do not use unique weapon it's additional damage boost. I think it should be noticed in the build description :)
And why vaal haste?

Stay safe too!

Typically the time when you take damage with this build is when you are standing still and casting contagion/ED (ED has a very slow cast animation) because of that I find arctic armor very helpful. Besides I don't like having no form of mitigation for my builds (even with a large EHP).

That said the other method is a great alternative and I would recommend you go with what suits your playstyle :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
U can help? I use
is good for build? I lost... D:! And this armor:
recommend?

And about bino's, use or not use...
Last edited by Dendol on Jan 21, 2016, 9:10:21 PM
Could this be CI instead of hybrid?
"
Dendol wrote:
U can help? I use
recommend?

I think there are many better options than Divinarius. You don't crit with Controlled Destruction gem. Chest won't do in the long run as its a ES/Life build ..
Last edited by Precordial on Jan 22, 2016, 1:47:38 AM
"
znic008 wrote:
Could this be CI instead of hybrid?

I guess - I seems like an inferior choice to me though. Why would you prefer CI? Chaos res is easy to get on this build and hybrid gives you a massive EHP :)
"
Dendol wrote:
U can help? I use
recommend?

Binos can work, but disregard the other items and go with the ones suggested in the guide :)
Thanks for the build guide. I went a little different, only going with life and running a tricurse setup which works well for me since I'm only playing tsc.

I'm now close to hitting the 40k DoT DPS (39.1k) only with a decent Winds of Change (42%) and lvl3 Empower. I think you can reach up to 45, maybe even 50k DoT DPS. Which is pretty freaking insane.

Spoiler
You can do a little better on some items, that's why I think 50k+ is realistic. I tried getting a dagger with Leo's dot craft on it, but that's not possible as it seems.

Still, Contagion/ED sucks for groupplay, but there's nothing you can do about it I guess.

I wouldn't recommend going with Binos in general btw. A good 70%+ spelldmg dagger does way better vs. singletarget and you're melting packs anyway. Andvarius is probably fine until you can get one, the prices have been going up on these spelldmg-nocrit-daggers daggers as it seems.

Last edited by Purexec on Jan 26, 2016, 1:58:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info