[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

After ripping in HC for the first time on my lvl78 Shadow essence/contagion build (completely my fault, dumb mistake), I'm thinking about running this setup. With that said, I was wondering your take on a few things.

1. What are your thoughts on running pure evasion + acro + aa instead of energy shield and discipline in HC? I only ask because my previous build was armor/eva hybrid minus the acrobatics and for the most part I did pretty darn well mitigating damage. Wondering if going full eva + acro would be unwise in HC... (note: I understand this is completely off-topic of this build, I just wanted your thoughts on eva/acro in HC)

2. With two 4% reduced mana nodes and the 2% reduced corrupt gem, I'd imagine it'd be perfectly acceptable to run Discpline (35%), AA (25%) and Blasphemy+Temp Chains (35%) at 85% mana reserve end-game? I also guess this would depend on whether or not clarity is needed?
Last edited by Schubdogg on Jan 26, 2016, 3:19:28 PM
Thank you for this build. Going to try it in THC. As i ripped again today.
I'm doing similar build so i look for some tips. Ever think of enhance over empower or slower proj ? Actually for lower mana multiplier (only 115%) we would get on lvl 4 enhance 24% inc chaos damage from ED, 12% spell damage from controlled destruction, 12% damage over time from rapid decay, 24 % inc poison duration from poison and 12 % inc chaos damage from void for
TOTAL 36 %inc chaos damage, 12 % spell damage, 12 % damage over time and 12% inc duration from poison. On paper looks good, what do you think about it ? P.S. I don't like slower proj since skill is already slow by itself, so im actually calculating what is better empower or enhance ? Also what do you think of using
Spoiler
as primary weapon ? That flat chaos damage to chaos spells looks pretty strong. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by hobla on Jan 30, 2016, 4:40:24 AM
Hi LiftingBro

First of all thanks for all the great guides you put out on your youtube channel i really enjoy them alot. So far this build is probably my favorite :)

- Compared to some of your other guides i miss your sugestion of "good but not required uniqe items" that you normally include in your guides. Is there any Uniques that would benefit this build if I someday can afford it?

- Secondly, is there any map types this build cannot do or at least should be careful of doing like low regen or reflect damage?

Hi, thank you for the build. Just what i was looking for, chaos damage + whirling blades.
One question.. why vaal haste ? just cant imagine why would i need it. Dont need to spam spells to fast, for runing i got blades.
Why not 4 slot and usual Immortal call and etc ?
Maybe some other spell instead of vaal haste ?
tnks.
Please I REALLY NEED HELP!!! :(

My itens... is good? Is bad...?

Spoiler

Help :(

Resist:
174% Fire
153% Cold
172% Light
45% Chaos

Stats:
238 Int
155 Srt
148 Des
Lvl: 82
Life: 3943
Mana: 1155
Shield: 2715

Contagion:
Debuff lasts 10.15s
Deals 1065.3 dmg

ED:
Debuff Lasts 5.32s
Deals 13564.7 dmg/s
2885-4314 Chaos dmg
8.349,1 DPS

:/ Good, bad... help!
Last edited by Dendol on Feb 9, 2016, 1:45:57 PM
I was thinking of doing a build like this on Ascendancy release day!

For an Ascendancy class, I was looking at Scion (Trick-Raider or Trick-Deadeye). The other possibility being Trickster (Patient Reaper/Ghost Dance/Shade Form? Or Swift Killer?) and leaning more towards Evasion/ES instead of Life/ES

My tentative tree below (life-based, with a bit of evasion thrown in):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAi6ryl7Fbe26bXaYylyGomgMEwXx7w1pSGnqQEUrIiq-C5G6qPye18l-YNZJ4DVlt_o_YvcAazzJN4_4KqW5vO6ZXtz7yRVivd-N5aDrhQYeDzDboAdzBBPnoPC0B54TZXz9odILHg1_GrhRNR372SBQg2mIdvgxfC2HE9vxLvTaMz8RY7w4YVjOHHKevbHKpvJ9lTT38UEcD7lOlaPJVqayqGJE6Ur6nWGPwH5e0WfMOPHXLxtiiAGoBnz4aON-_FHHqYgSzLdKQVdtP2XzNmMBmJy_gw4IHjX4lvEMx2sG_1XTtLlNTuwUt029EnnrvIWB08RjbLiOTmbuehwc=

I went with Life-based because MF gear is most often armor, sometimes ES, so this would be easiest to gear on a fresh league.

Looking at the trees, though, Lifting's build gets a lot more damage (228%! increased dmg VS tree above, ath the cost of 60% lower skill duration).

I guess what I'm asking is: how easy would it be to (MF?) gear for a Life-based ED VS an ES/Life or even ES/Evasion build on a completely fresh league? (Would that mean self-found, or does the market get going within a day?)
Any ideas how to modify this build for 2.2 Perandus league?

It looks like witch may be better suited rather than scion or shadow as witch can choose Occultist with the ascendancy points. Even though occultist isn't that great, I can't find great fits for scion or shadow.

If you want to keep the tree you have for witch, it would be nearly the same, only starting point change which actually might help leveling quicker and you can still grab the juicy jewel nodes later.

Any ideas on 2.2 contagion build and especially ascendancy points?
Last edited by yazzlecat on Mar 2, 2016, 2:34:21 PM
I will be updating this build tomorrow! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
That is great to hear LiftingNerdBro, I really like this build of yours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info