Death's Oath Astral Plate

hello,

did not find any thing about this in my forum search so i don't know if there is already a thread about this issue sorry in advance if there is.

after investing decent amount of currency and a respec making a build with chaos damage scaling based on an item that is not popular, i then came to realize that this pieece of armor, specificly the part that says:

"Deals 450 Chaos Damage per second to nearby Enemies You take 450 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds on Kill "

does not scale with anything, not chaos dmg, not spell dmg, not increased dmg over time.

i find this very awkward since all pieces of gear in this game that have any type of damage on them can be scaled one way or another ! but for some magical reason this one just does not!

is it a bug ?

is it just me ?

if not, how can i get atleast my pssive point respec back ?

cheers
It isn't a bug, although it might not be that intuitive. This bit:

"
sector99 wrote:
all pieces of gear in this game that have any type of damage on them can be scaled one way or another !

is not true. Effects created by unique items are not considered to be caused by you. Rather, they are generated by the item directly, and don't benefit from your own stats. Often (e.g. Bino's Kitchen Knife) the base value of the effect is indirectly dependent on your own stats, but in cases where it has flat values, you can't scale it. It's the same with Heartbound Loop, Lightbane Raiment, etc.

"

You can't, I'm afraid.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
next time i think about buying more tabs and more stuff i'm going to remember this, if i keep playing this at all.
now i see why this item is so worthless, terrible item with huge drawback no wonder no one uses it;
what argument is there about adding pointless items to the game no one can argue against that ?
"
is not true. Effects created by unique items are not considered to be caused by you. Rather, they are generated by the item directly, and don't benefit from your own stats. Often (e.g. Bino's Kitchen Knife) the base value of the effect is indirectly dependent on your own stats, but in cases where it has flat values, you can't scale it. It's the same with Heartbound Loop, Lightbane Raiment, etc.

this is what i we call misleading in my country, does GGG not think about how this may antagonize potential customers?

i am a grown man and i made this mistake imagine a younger person! , so many misleading things about this game, and there is no test server where you can test stuff before you invest,

Eg. EVE online has a test server where you can test your builds to see if they work before investing your currency on the live server...

even after a patch that was all about chaos and chaos skills and scaling, nope not a single thing i can do with this trash unique item, i am starting to see a patern of lack of professionalism here, not going to even start on other issues like the trading system and so many other broken bits about this game,

it just talent points "pixels" , but NO, i can't even have my respec back ...

i will go spend my money on some other more "professional" game

end of Rant.
If you have any questions please Write them on paper crumple it up and shove it up your.
"
sector99 wrote:
next time i think about buying more tabs and more stuff i'm going to remember this, if i keep playing this at all.

Well I wish you luck with the rest of your life. With that attitude you're going to need it.

Then again you might just sue every single big company for your own stupidity. Who knows, you might make it big.
"
sector99 wrote:

Make a new character. You're allowed to do this.
in my country its called:
you own fault!

just ask in this subforum BEFORE you are buying it... it would have taken you like half a day until some1 would have replied and this "problem" wouldnt have happened...

but i think its easier to blame others...
"
sector99 wrote:

"

this is what i we call misleading in my country, does GGG not think about how this may antagonize potential customers?

i am a grown man and i made this mistake imagine a younger person! , so many misleading things about this game, and there is no test server where you can test stuff before you invest,

Hardly misleading, GGG have been relatively consistent with these sorts of things.
Last edited by Extreme_Boyheat on Jan 11, 2016, 3:45:34 AM
"
XRacKS wrote:
just ask in this subforum BEFORE you are buying it... it would have taken you like half a day until some1 would have replied and this "problem" wouldnt have happened...

More like half an hour.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info