[2.1] The Aylardex Mind over matter Cold snapper. w/ videos

"
Dragol wrote:

Oh and @MoonAvalon
Spoiler

"
MoonAvalon wrote:
Hi there, After I watched your videos I decided definitely to follow your build.
I`m now lv74 and managed to buy void battery but cannot yet afford another one.
I`m standing now with 10k tooltip damage while with concentrated effect for 30k dps currently ... standing now with 3k life and 2k mana ... only 6 nodes left to completely patch mana and life nodes
but problems i faced :
I can`t yet access more than t7 maps (I don`t think that my low level is the problem at all)
Any chaos damage projectiles instantly kills me
If i get ever damaged i`m out of mana instantly
Here is my tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswdjCPQN0RBYEQ8RLREvFr8XVBo4G8gfAiKBIvQmlScvKU8rCiycMjQy0TrYOw08BT1fRKtFR0wtTLNQMFBCUlNTNVRHVUtVrlXGVkpZ813yXyph4mNDaPJqQ2u3bAttGXKpfEt8g3zZghCCm4PbhTKFfYw2jjyPppBVkyeVBJZ0l5WX9Jo7muCeoZ7En9-iAKa-rKqvm7zqwFTAZsu90B_Vptte37DjhOvk6-7sOO0873zv6_Af9zI=?accountName=MoonAvalon&characterName=LoftyQueen

Note : I dropped Stun nodes from trees and used instead Kaom`s Roots Because Stuns Kills me instantly
And My Gear
Spoiler

If anyone have ideas for improvements i`d appreciate.

Couple of issues here, firstly, no Cast When Damage Taken setup, this is often overlooked. Second your gloves are missing life and don't have to be ES, you could easily use a pure Armor piece with life and still roll two off colours. Second is Goldrim, it's defenses are poor and more importantly it has no life. Get a base item that can roll the colours you need, but preferably Armor or Evasion, though you can hybrid with ES. Kaom's Roots is not ideal, you need the sockets, res and the ability to dodge, get some boots with life and res, pref armor, getting stunned is due to the lack of life and once you have increased your HP, you will not be perma stunned. Right now an iron skin granite flask would also help you a great deal. Your ring could also be a little bit better with res and 20 more life. Lastly, and most importantly, the Tabula, defensively you won't get anywhere with that, it's a cheap 6L, but if you are getting gibbed constantly there's no point running it over a 5L EV/ES chest with life and res until you get a 6L Carcass. I'm strictly a HC player but I ditch the Tabula whenever I can wear a well rolled 5L, it just makes you far too weak. The build gets a lot of jewels too so if you have speced into any consider getting ones with %life, but generally that won't give you much unless you have good life on your gear. But yeah, in HC I would have done all these changes at Act 1 Merciless, but if you are playing standard it doesn't matter, just make enough changes so you can progress.

Edit: Derp didn't see your tree, you can probably get rid of the Soul Siphon node and put it into Quick Recovery near MoM, seen the original build doesn't get soul siphon. But gear is the problem, your tree is fine

Ok I had just started talisman so i didn`t have right items to patch my resists,etc... also usage of kaom`s roots was because of my low life pool as you already mentioned and now i dropped it now i`m standing at level 89 changed my skill to arc instead of cold snap after some problems i noticed:
1.if i have no ready charges and first skill got blocked/dodged by enemies, you need to stay for 1 second and that`s terrible also the use of doedre`s elixir is a waste in my opinion if u need to avoid this issue
2.by dual void batteries, you lose a power charge instanteously which don`t makes u lose a 50% increased spell damage boost
3.clear speed isn`t really good but i also need to mention that the skill is very good against bosses
specially bosses that can be frozen/chilled

After i Switched to Arc i`m using 4L only and yet i have 28k dps as non-crit. I have 3.9k life and 2.5k mana with 1.1k unreserved mana.I have 220 mana regen which is nearly fine now, i just failed to 6L my atziri splendour so i`m not using 5L/6L now and also dropped tabula for more survivability now, I can now access up to T12 maps.
my new problems:
1.Damage against bosses is extremly low in my opinion probably because arc have low damage against bosses
2.It`s not yet atziri viable, dps is not high, even if i have 6L i think i`ll withstand at 50k dps
which is still quite low because i have tested with tabula, it`s also the main reason is about flasks, i cannot sustain my flasks that fast to cope with such low damage to access atziri phase after the other
3.elemental reflect is a big problem to this build even with 40% dmg mitigation, in general elemental damage taken is huge specially from bosses also that i died at atziri due to the cold clone which kills me due to reflect, i`m planning to buy vinktar`s flask soon to solve this
4.Against trios, the titty one once it hits me with rains while i`m not casting i`m stunned and dead, it`s also hard to stand there for sure, so time untill i stop casting arc and warping i get stunned and die, i don`t know how to solve that issue.

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

About Flasks Setup:
I need a really big advice for flasks setup to make this build an atziri viable:
Note that i`ll replace very soon atziri`s promise with vinktar`s flask:
Spoiler

Current Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswdjCPQN0RBYEQ8RLREvFr8W8xo4G8gfAh_HIvQmPCaVJy8pTysKK3gsnC2LL50yNDLRNj06WDrYOw0740SrRPtFR0WdTC1QMFBCUzVTUlRHVUtVrlXGWfNd8l8qYeJirGNDZAlmVGjyakNrt2wLbIxtGXIPcql2EXxLfIN82X6vghCCm4PbhTKFe4V9iiiMNo0Zj6aQVZMnlnSaO5rgnaqexKIApr6nNKyYrKq86sBUwGbAnMu91abZX9te3YzfsOAS4XPjhOTs6-Tr7uw47Tzv6_Af9zI=?accountName=MoonAvalon&characterName=LoftyQueen

I`ll appreciate any Feedbacks and suggests,
I also need to thank BananaChan for the idea of the build it`s really good but i think it still could be much stronger.
I also accept suggestions for another main skill to use other than arc if it will give a better boost.
Gonna try this, low life with the occultist ascendancy tree and ZO for the new league in march.
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
Very cool build, my favorite types of builds are cold snap builds and I have probably played about 3-4 different variations (crit, non crit, etc) but this one seems to be the most powerful that I've seen, mostly due to yours having much higher survivability compared to my builds.

One suggestion I had would be trying double vaal clarity+increased duration+chill of corruption. This will basically make you have perma 0 cost cold snap with perma vaal clarity.

Also I only see this build getting stronger in ascendancy, the new heirophant class seems perfect for this build. +10% on mind over matter+you will get a lot of endurance charges from conviction of power. And the sanctuary of thought passive seems pretty decent, might make you able to run more of a hybrid es/life build and still have a lot of mana.

Only other ascendancy class that seems viable for this build is elementalist because of the ele prolif. But the radius is really short and cold snap already kinda freezes the entire screen without it. Just the sheer amount of defensive capibilities the heirophant class gives make it the best choice for me personally.
IGN- FrOArrow
Seems like the Witch power charge tree didn't end up being that good, looks like unless the Scion tree is really good for it, the hierophant seems the easy choice, at least for HC. This tree will allow you to have constant endurance charges alongside the power charges, way more mana, even more op MoM and a bunch of ES to hybrid from.

Elementalist isn't too bad, though Elemental conflux is certainly useless for cold snap, liege of the primordial (the new one since it changed from announcement) isn't that great because to get increase cold damage you would have to use an Ice Golem, and its advantages for cold snap is useless. Paragon of calamity is pretty decent, but imo the elemental proliferation has a radius of 9 which is less than the gem which is already small. For a tree that only really gives cold snap a small aoe proliferation, I'm not sure it is worth it tbh.

But yeah will have to see for Scion, but Hierophant seems too good for this build atm. Still planning to play this HC for Ascendancy

Oh and also, Frost Bomb

EDIT: Nah Scion is a massive no go, Hierophant Templar imo is now the only option, but still a really good one.

Made a tree with the new changes (hardly any), the link works in the old website tree currently, but it is counting 6 skill points assigned to the Hierophant, which I believe is wrong, I think you do not use normal skill points for the ascendancy trees. Best way is to paste it into the updated tree of the Passive Skill Tree Planner program from github. Hopefully the Ascendancy trees use different points to skill points or I'd have to unspec a bunch of nodes.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLM8BUVHogCf3-98MtHwH5o76-5o8oKbpwia4IUyfEvsOI9GRZ2WdClPhXs62JuhU1Jrt2ZUAZEnLxhq99eFfS3SkFU5UqyYGjhYBxEPOlh0VVnzOw3bXlXGXyqsqu_rUDCD23KpIG73Mkyz6hh82ZeVdqz461JTz3677T1fl_StjZHObRm9ggj0IvRXK8BUbAv-s7zqakOTJ3_G74gRlvk3DkgHHtfP44Rd8pUuSbEbyA3RnsTw1TY9Y0OmvklRnapUR2yMjDZirAdjVUvLvWHiJpUWv3jcWG1kMysmA5p1KnFi

Would Pledge of Hands be better for this build with the Hierophant? I compared the two with middle ground stats:

2x Void Battery:
375% Spell Damage
30% cast speed
2% mom
20% mana regen
90 base mana
3% block

VS

Pledge of Hands
10% more cast speed from lvl 30 spell echo vs lvl 20
1 Free link
140% spell damage
100% increased mana

Mana will scale up ES from Hierophant, It's pretty clear Pledge wins there, survivability and mana.
but is 10% more cast speed and another support link better than; 235% inc spell damage, 30% inc cast speed. The only real option for the 7th link is a level 3 Empower, hard to say what is more DPS... Maybe the pledge is better.

Did you ever test a 6L Pledge with a level 3/4 empower vs Dual Voids at any point?
Last edited by Dragol on Feb 29, 2016, 12:08:12 AM
"
Dragol wrote:
Spoiler
Seems like the Witch power charge tree didn't end up being that good, looks like unless the Scion tree is really good for it, the hierophant seems the easy choice, at least for HC. This tree will allow you to have constant endurance charges alongside the power charges, way more mana, even more op MoM and a bunch of ES to hybrid from.

Elementalist isn't too bad, though Elemental conflux is certainly useless for cold snap, liege of the primordial (the new one since it changed from announcement) isn't that great because to get increase cold damage you would have to use an Ice Golem, and its advantages for cold snap is useless. Paragon of calamity is pretty decent, but imo the elemental proliferation has a radius of 9 which is less than the gem which is already small. For a tree that only really gives cold snap a small aoe proliferation, I'm not sure it is worth it tbh.

But yeah will have to see for Scion, but Hierophant seems too good for this build atm. Still planning to play this HC for Ascendancy

Oh and also, Frost Bomb

EDIT: Nah Scion is a massive no go, Hierophant Templar imo is now the only option, but still a really good one.

Made a tree with the new changes (hardly any), the link works in the old website tree currently, but it is counting 6 skill points assigned to the Hierophant, which I believe is wrong, I think you do not use normal skill points for the ascendancy trees. Best way is to paste it into the updated tree of the Passive Skill Tree Planner program from github. Hopefully the Ascendancy trees use different points to skill points or I'd have to unspec a bunch of nodes.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLM8BUVHogCf3-98MtHwH5o76-5o8oKbpwia4IUyfEvsOI9GRZ2WdClPhXs62JuhU1Jrt2ZUAZEnLxhq99eFfS3SkFU5UqyYGjhYBxEPOlh0VVnzOw3bXlXGXyqsqu_rUDCD23KpIG73Mkyz6hh82ZeVdqz461JTz3677T1fl_StjZHObRm9ggj0IvRXK8BUbAv-s7zqakOTJ3_G74gRlvk3DkgHHtfP44Rd8pUuSbEbyA3RnsTw1TY9Y0OmvklRnapUR2yMjDZirAdjVUvLvWHiJpUWv3jcWG1kMysmA5p1KnFi

Would Pledge of Hands be better for this build with the Hierophant? I compared the two with middle ground stats:

2x Void Battery:
375% Spell Damage
30% cast speed
2% mom
20% mana regen
90 base mana
3% block

VS

Pledge of Hands
10% more cast speed from lvl 30 spell echo vs lvl 20
1 Free link
140% spell damage
100% increased mana

Mana will scale up ES from Hierophant, It's pretty clear Pledge wins there, survivability and mana.
but is 10% more cast speed and another support link better than; 235% inc spell damage, 30% inc cast speed. The only real option for the 7th link is a level 3 Empower, hard to say what is more DPS... Maybe the pledge is better.

Did you ever test a 6L Pledge with a level 3/4 empower vs Dual Voids at any point?

Yea it seems that Hierophant is the best option at this point for this build. Hierophant offers so much more survivability for the build its crazy. Scion is alright but doesn't offer anything interesting for the build. Elementalist offers more damage and a prolif (I am praying that the radius is scaleable) that i think is okay for the build.Elemental conflux is good for cold snap since it makes your damage chill, shock, and ignite regardless of the damage type.Since you would also be igniting and shocking enemies along side the strait up damage buff from Pendulum, it might be able to compete with Hierophant. If I remember this correctly the freeze prolif should also make it easier to freeze bosses as well when they have mobs around them, I might be wrong on that one though. I plan on going Hierophant in the upcoming Perandus leauge and using my Witch in Standard to test out elementalist.

The one thing that sucks about this build going into Ascendancy is that it wont be able to make use of Elemental Overload. 40% more ele damage is so good but this build can't utilize it.

I never tested it out with a Pledge so I wouldn't know which one is better. Although pledge does give more survivability I do think void batteries give more dps. Would need to test to find out though.
Last edited by KTMetis on Feb 29, 2016, 10:29:13 PM
I'm a sucker for "unusual" builds, and i want to make use of my only valuable item - a 6l pledge.

Imho the synergy is through the roof:
- Pledge gives mana for MoM
- Hierophant divine guidance helps a lot for mom (+100 mana, "10% damage from mana")
- Romira's Banquet generates power charges, cold snap uses them
- Aylardex gives more "damage takeen from mana" per power charge
- Hierophant conviction of power gives endurance charges on power charge generation for perma IC

I tried it a bit in standard, and atm have the following gear:
Spoiler

Current Tree:

BUT: My damage is too low. around 4-5k for cold snap :-( This is not really playable.

PoH is hard to color right for this build, so i have this:
- Cold snap
- cold pen
- Controlled destruction (lvl 13)
- Faster casting
- Iron Will
- Empower (lvl 2)
- (implicit spell echo on PoH)

Any way i can boost the damage to some sane amount? Probably a higher level Empower? Or some nice uniques?

Proposed tree:

Maybe doing something fancy with Illuminated Devotion?

Edit: Changed tree and gems, still barely 5k dps. PoH build is shit.
Last edited by siliconlife on Mar 8, 2016, 3:50:53 PM
ok, i got this build to work now.

A hard requirement to have enough DPS is to use concentrated effect on cold snap. With this, i got like 8-10k cold snap damage. But sadly, the AoE is way to small to have a sufficient clearspeed. The fix for this was to use herald of ice! With all the AoE nodes (+Increased AoE gem, +Iron Will gem), it dish out a good amount of damage on packs. The spell echo is a bit annoying, as it casts twice for every strangler. But it makes sure that hypotermia works good, as it will always gain the 30% more damage on the 2nd hit.

The build is surprisingly tanky with 5k HP and around 3k Mana. I play completely recklessly and never watch my sorroundings, and i yet have to die since i switched to this build. I just alch lvl8/9/10 maps and go (reroll on elemental reflect and temp chains ofc).
- ~1.5k unreserved mana
- 46% of damage taken from mana (30% mom, 10% Divine Guidance, 6% from power charges)
- 16% of damage taken gained as mana

Gems:

Cold Snap:
- Cold pen
- concentrated effect
- iron will (or +4 empower)
- controlled destruction
- hypotermia
- (Spell echo, implicit)

Herald of thunder
- Increased AoE
- Iron will
- (2% life leech, implicit - or inc aoe)

Cast when damage taken lvl 20
- immortal call
- increased duration

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree, freeze:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEsw3NEFgRDxZvF1QYXRo4Gmwczh8CIG4kqicvKU8rJitQLJwt0jI0NZI2xTbpOuE8BTwtPO89X0PIRZ1G10wtTLNN408EUDBSU1NSU9RVxlcpWG1Z81ugXypkM2ZUaPJrt3GFcg9yqXwOfEt82X31fseCm4Nfg8yD24UyhXuFfY2CkFWUb5UElnSXlZf0mjua4J2unwGfPp_fogCmV6cIp1Wsqq79r5uvp7FCtz7AZsT2xq7R5NWm2CTYvdq52t3bXuFz42rkIuWL6-Tr7uwu7DjtPO988B_yRfcy-dv-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=siliconlife&characterName=ZoichiKanoe

Tree, dps:

Ascency class:
"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hierophant

Conviction of Power
10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you gain a Power Charge

-> The main reason I made this build, free endurance charges!

Illuminated Devotion
Skills from your Helmet Penetrate 20% Elemental Resistances
Skills from your Gloves have 20% increased Area of Effect
Skills from your Boots Leech 2% of Damage as Life

-> so many possibilities... ATM i have HoT in boots to replenish my HP between packs, but maybe i put them into the gloves.

Divine Guidance
+100 to maximum Mana
When hit, 10% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life

-> Perfect with PoH / MoM

Last edited by siliconlife on Mar 14, 2016, 5:21:07 AM
ayy I just died in HC at 69 as Siege Ballista DeadEye and I was searching up some cool witch builds and I found yours!

Unfortunately I cannot go in and take a look at your passive build points because its out-dated as it seems.

Could you provide a new version of it or did I miss the new version?

Also I am just unfamiliar with the spells ur using, the hands that comes from the ground,
is that supposed to be the cold snap?

EDIT: Oh ok so I just finished reading the posts, so its better to start with the templar since Hierophant is better in any other way i see
Last edited by jjasung123 on Mar 16, 2016, 2:41:22 AM
Currently level 78 testing out some changes to your passive tree as follows:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAGRA5oEBwSzCPQJqhBYEQ8RLREvFr8aOB_HIG4i9CaVJy8pTysKKyYreCycLYst0jLROlg62DwFPV9FR0WdSbFMs1AwUEJSU1M1U1JUR1VLVcZYbVnzXfJfKmHiZDNmVGjyakNrt2wLbRlxYnKpdSp2rHxLfIN82YKbg9uFMoV7hX2LjIw2kFWRzpMnlnSXlZf0mjua4J7En9-iAKa-rKqtja-bu-286sBUwGbAms9-1abXz9n8217qGOvk6-7sOO0873zviPAf9zL46_k3-d0=?accountName=Tharkum&characterName=Tharkum

Actually using glacial cascade instead of cold snap till i get carcass jack. Current cold snap AOE is quite small so clear speed is meh.

Also, no top tree talents for damage yet (rushing for them now) cause i don't feel like im missing damage (playing hc). Planning to try cold to fire gem+avatar of fire+snowforged

Currently romira's+aylardex+surgebinders equipped (perma 7 power charges/5 endurances)
Last edited by Tharkum on Mar 17, 2016, 7:50:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info