[2.1] The Aylardex Mind over matter Cold snapper. w/ videos

"
Xanin wrote:
hi i was thinking of a similar build whats the mana cost per cast ?

thinking of getting a + 3 staff and a hybrid life/es build for cold snap, have you tried the same build in a + 3 staff? just to see the tooltip difference

The mana cost in a 6L is 89 and in a 5l it is 74. And no I have not sorry, I don't have the currency to roll or get a decent +3 5/6L staff right now.

Last edited by KTMetis on Jan 14, 2016, 10:20:27 PM
In terms of mapping, what's the highest tier I can achieve without the dual void batteries?
hi! I don't understand how you can spam cold snap like that.
"
benidou wrote:
hi! I don't understand how you can spam cold snap like that.

Romira's banquet gives him a power charge for every hit. He can cast it indefinitely.

@The build.

I've always liked cold snap and figured the best way to do it would be noncrit with tons of power charges, but the problem is the boss kill speeds. I'm a big fan of fast boss kills and I'd totally want to do that build if it could kill em fast enough. Looks really safe/fun.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 18, 2016, 12:23:31 PM
Hi, I been playing your build the last week and currently is at level 79. Does the dual Void Batteries gives you that much more DPS? I'm doing 2,687 tooltip dps dual wielding two fairly good wands, I have taken heart of ice, I'm one point away from breath of rime and not yet taken dark arts. I'm running a 5L non carcass chest on a level 18 cold snap. I can see maybe doing low 4,000 dps at level 90 with a leveled up gem. I'm doing mostly tier 7 and 8 maps right now and I have to skip some boss fights, even high life magic monsters takes a little while to take down. My character's name is BexDohaeris if you want to take a look at my gears. I love the playstyle but I'm not sure if I want to continue leveling.

edit: With herald of ice my dps goes up to 2,965.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jan 18, 2016, 4:30:06 PM
While void batteries push this build to its full potential, I find Surgebinder gloves to be a pretty sweet upgrade to DPS (since I have yet to acquire void batteries)

Any thoughts?
"
Teary wrote:
While void batteries push this build to its full potential, I find Surgebinder gloves to be a pretty sweet upgrade to DPS (since I have yet to acquire void batteries)

Any thoughts?

I think it maybe too hard to get all the resist we need with just the Helm and ring and boot slot. But its possible with very good gear.

Also ive been running one mana potion and it works like a charm.

Last edited by Ennui on Jan 19, 2016, 5:53:01 PM
Hi there, After I watched your videos I decided definitely to follow your build.
I`m now lv74 and managed to buy void battery but cannot yet afford another one.
I`m standing now with 10k tooltip damage while with concentrated effect for 30k dps currently ... standing now with 3k life and 2k mana ... only 6 nodes left to completely patch mana and life nodes
but problems i faced :
I can`t yet access more than t7 maps (I don`t think that my low level is the problem at all)
Any chaos damage projectiles instantly kills me
If i get ever damaged i`m out of mana instantly
Here is my tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswdjCPQN0RBYEQ8RLREvFr8XVBo4G8gfAiKBIvQmlScvKU8rCiycMjQy0TrYOw08BT1fRKtFR0wtTLNQMFBCUlNTNVRHVUtVrlXGVkpZ813yXyph4mNDaPJqQ2u3bAttGXKpfEt8g3zZghCCm4PbhTKFfYw2jjyPppBVkyeVBJZ0l5WX9Jo7muCeoZ7En9-iAKa-rKqvm7zqwFTAZsu90B_Vptte37DjhOvk6-7sOO0873zv6_Af9zI=?accountName=MoonAvalon&characterName=LoftyQueen

Note : I dropped Stun nodes from trees and used instead Kaom`s Roots Because Stuns Kills me instantly
And My Gear
Spoiler

If anyone have ideas for improvements i`d appreciate.
Last edited by MoonAvalon on Jan 22, 2016, 1:52:15 PM
Viable to Hardcore? If no, please let me know what I should change on Tree and Items to make it work.
Thank you for the build
Well done with this guide first off, it seems The Aylardex currently only has one use and you found it. Really smart build by using Romira's + Cold Snap + Super MoM with dual void batteries, everything compliments really well (a lot of + mana on those uniques).

I'm strongly considering using this build when Ascendancy comes out. The Hierophant seems like it would be a viable Ascendancy class for this build, primarily because of the bonus mana, 10% damage from mana and gaining ES based on your mana pool. I considered the 20% ele pen from Helm and using something like Rimegaze, but Carcass Jack just cannot be not used on an AOE caster. Though it depends how many points we get to spend on the tree.

Instead this build will probably work better with one of the unannounced Witch classes that will be Power Charge orientated.

Also I know this is made as a softcore build at 139% total Life before jewels, but with the very high mitigation from MoM (which imo is the best defensive mechanic in the game), it wouldn't take much modifying of the tree. The build as it stands may already be tanky enough for hardcore considering you have so many sockets, but hard to say without a shield. I'll have to fiddle around with the tree a bit, though the left side Templar power charge area is such a huge pain. It's weird optimising a skill tree for a caster that doesn't need crit... I think I could also squeeze dual curse into the build too, maybe not worth it though.

Hard to say much about Ascendancy yet though because we don't know what will change. I wouldn't be surprised if Cold Snap is buffed.

Also is Hypothermia actually worth it? It's really good on paper but how does it actually function? Does the first cold snap on an enemy get the bonus damage considering they aren't chilled yet? Does a frozen enemy count as being chilled? Would a boss with high HP prevent it from working due to the fact they are hard to chill? I can't find any info on that. I also wonder what a level 3 Empower would do in the 6L somewhere when having 10 power charges.

Anyway let me know what you think about HC viability with your build.

Oh and @MoonAvalon
Spoiler

"
MoonAvalon wrote:
Hi there, After I watched your videos I decided definitely to follow your build.
I`m now lv74 and managed to buy void battery but cannot yet afford another one.
I`m standing now with 10k tooltip damage while with concentrated effect for 30k dps currently ... standing now with 3k life and 2k mana ... only 6 nodes left to completely patch mana and life nodes
but problems i faced :
I can`t yet access more than t7 maps (I don`t think that my low level is the problem at all)
Any chaos damage projectiles instantly kills me
If i get ever damaged i`m out of mana instantly
Here is my tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswdjCPQN0RBYEQ8RLREvFr8XVBo4G8gfAiKBIvQmlScvKU8rCiycMjQy0TrYOw08BT1fRKtFR0wtTLNQMFBCUlNTNVRHVUtVrlXGVkpZ813yXyph4mNDaPJqQ2u3bAttGXKpfEt8g3zZghCCm4PbhTKFfYw2jjyPppBVkyeVBJZ0l5WX9Jo7muCeoZ7En9-iAKa-rKqvm7zqwFTAZsu90B_Vptte37DjhOvk6-7sOO0873zv6_Af9zI=?accountName=MoonAvalon&characterName=LoftyQueen

Note : I dropped Stun nodes from trees and used instead Kaom`s Roots Because Stuns Kills me instantly
And My Gear
Spoiler

If anyone have ideas for improvements i`d appreciate.

Couple of issues here, firstly, no Cast When Damage Taken setup, this is often overlooked. Second your gloves are missing life and don't have to be ES, you could easily use a pure Armor piece with life and still roll two off colours. Second is Goldrim, it's defenses are poor and more importantly it has no life. Get a base item that can roll the colours you need, but preferably Armor or Evasion, though you can hybrid with ES. Kaom's Roots is not ideal, you need the sockets, res and the ability to dodge, get some boots with life and res, pref armor, getting stunned is due to the lack of life and once you have increased your HP, you will not be perma stunned. Right now an iron skin granite flask would also help you a great deal. Your ring could also be a little bit better with res and 20 more life. Lastly, and most importantly, the Tabula, defensively you won't get anywhere with that, it's a cheap 6L, but if you are getting gibbed constantly there's no point running it over a 5L EV/ES chest with life and res until you get a 6L Carcass. I'm strictly a HC player but I ditch the Tabula whenever I can wear a well rolled 5L, it just makes you far too weak. The build gets a lot of jewels too so if you have speced into any consider getting ones with %life, but generally that won't give you much unless you have good life on your gear. But yeah, in HC I would have done all these changes at Act 1 Merciless, but if you are playing standard it doesn't matter, just make enough changes so you can progress.

Edit: Derp didn't see your tree, you can probably get rid of the Soul Siphon node and put it into Quick Recovery near MoM, seen the original build doesn't get soul siphon. But gear is the problem, your tree is fine
Last edited by Dragol on Jan 29, 2016, 8:24:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info