Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Can you help me improve my gear? I'm not rich, but I guess its time to spend some serious money for upgrade. I also feels a bit squishy (almost 4k HP), but maybe I need some practice.

I using two quicksilvers, because I like run faast, but maybe I should change one for basalt or something. I know I don't have much life on gear. I looking for some boots with movespeed, res and life (75+). Also amulet don't have life, but something similar with it is very expensive. And chest. I think I will look for 6L 700 eva with 90 life+ and res. I know I will lose some HP, but it should be better anyways.

Also, I see many people have 6L BR and 5L LA. We using LA for 90% of the time, so why BR? Is 5L LA good enough?
Last edited by DamianTaps on Apr 19, 2016, 4:18:30 PM
Usually voltaxic life-based archers sit amidst the 4k and 5k HP mark, depending on how much their gear is offense-oriented.

Less than 4k HP is acceptable only if you are sub level 80. More than 4.5k is generally good.

If you want a crazy amount hp you can try the Kaom solution, but I greatly discourage it because losing 6 sockets is a colossal nerf in my opinion. But again, it's a matter of personal taste.

As to your gear, the slots you can improve are:

1. Obviously 6-links. To answer your last question, a voltaxic LA / BR archer will rarely have any issues about pack clearspeed. The most important thing to boost as soon as possible is single target damage, and this is achieved through a 6 link blast rain. What subclass are you playing? Raider, Deadeeye or Pathfinder?

A 5L LA is more than enough to faceroll most maps without any problem.

2. Head enchant! Try to get a Blast Rain one. If you happen to get a LA one, however, don't trash it, it's still very good.

3. One of your rings is quite good (life, some resists, flat lightning, int and decent WED). The other lacks an offensive affix, try to get at least 2 of the 3 available on rings (flat lightning, wed, crit chance).

4. Belt. A dual resist belt with high wed is your next goal. If it has a free slot to craft the 3rd resist, it's perfect. Keep in mind you can rearrange resists with jewel mods if you need to.

5. Boots. The upgrade here will not be cheap, since you've already got good boots with triple resists and max movement speed. You only need more life on them. The enchant is very good too, probably one of the best ones for mapping if not the absolute best.

6. Body armour! I personally hate BotB, because it has decent life at the cost of resistances and avoidance / mitigation. If you can stack insane amounts of evasion from gear / tree, I'd advise you to use Queen of the Forest. If you can re-arrange your resistances from the rest of the gear, Lightning Coil is the top mitigation AND dps choice since it also adds flat lightning damage, but it's very difficult to cap resists without sacrificing some precious affixes on your jewelry. Otherwise, a good rare chest with high resists (ideally triple), high evasion and 100+ life is generally a top choice.

7. Flasks! I know quicksilvers are OP and greatly improve clearspeed, especially in open-environment maps. But you can think to replace one of them with a basalt one. The mitigation is very good to have.

For mapping, I use this flask setup:

But I am playing a Pathfinder Archer, so flasks are a great part of the playstyle.

In your linked gear gloves are missing: what ones are you using?

Last but not least, try to get ALL of your gems to 20/20. If you have the chance to try some corruption, go for added lightning damage, then wrath and herald of thunder. Wrath is probably the easiest to get because it doesn't require 20 quality (since quality only affects the radius of the aura, not its damage).
Last edited by djnat on Apr 19, 2016, 5:29:15 PM
Thanks for answer. I playing as Deadeye, because I don't must use Chain gem. Gloves
. Resist are pain for me. I already have them in jewels (one or two per jewel). I think, I will try buy chest with life and ~30 res, so I can decrease them on boots/belt to get more life/dmg. I know head enchant is important, but its hard to get, but for sure will try to get it.
Spoiler
"
Damier wrote:
Spoiler
"
Gorrath wrote:
"
Gorrath wrote:
Anyone got advices on what I should try to upgrade next? (playing an assassin shadow)

Hey Damier, any advices on my gear?

Thanks

Hallo Gorrath,

You are on standard so your itemiziation can be quite different to ours since you have access to legacy items (like your maligaro's, quiver and amulet' crit multipliers are). I dont know how the stats compare to each other precisely, so testing it out will be your task on this.

Anyway, some of your slots are simple to comment on and are the same as previously mentioned in other posts.

First of all, i dont see a real reason to use Qotf, it's a nice to have if you can stack incredible amounts of Evasion. Other than that, the life and the overall resists on it rather blows. You could think about getting a good assassins garb with 100+ (or even T1 with 110+) and 100-120+ Resists instead, any evasion above 1k is bonus. It will make it easier to get a decent lifepool and juggling your resists while choosing/gearing other slots.

I agree, the only reason I'm using QoTF is because I had one already and was too lazy to get something else since I was able to cap my resists anyway. I've been shopping for a new chest recently, was about to buy something with high life and 3 40+ resists and 1000ish evasion, but changed my mind and started looking for something with a bit less resists and about 2000 evasion. Those are damn expensive so haven't bought anything yet.

Quiver: Your Quiver seems strong to me due to the legacy Multiplier. The base is terrible, as are The Life(roll) and the fire damage. If you happen to run across an affordable spike point quiver (Crit base) with the forementioned stats in my previous post i think (i'm not 100% sure) you will get more damage. I can lend you my quiver on std. so you can compare the stats to yours:

True, but since I'm playing an Assassin, I can cap my crit chance when I'm at max power charges. More life would be nice though and if I upgrade my chest, I won't need the fire resist.

This is what i could share on std. with you to test it out:

Boots: Get T1 Life (80+), 30% MS (MS is crucial for us) and 100%+ overall resists. Also try to get the iAS or Lightning damage enchant depending on what you want to do with the build.

Yeah, more evasion would be nice as well, but it's starting to get expensive lol
Is the lightning damage really useful? It says: "If you haven't killed recently", that's not happening much lol
I'm not a huge fan of the labyrinth so haven't farmed it much, was thinking about getting the refelction enchant on my gloves and the IAS on boots.

Rings: Damagewise they both look solid to me though Blood loop is missing the flat lightning damage, HOWEVER, try to get rings with 31+(t2) or 37+ WED(t1, goes up to 42), flat lightning damage life and solid resists. Mind the craftable options as mentioned lot of times already.

Amulet: Phew, thats a hard one again. Yours got decent life and Multiplier, Rest is meh. If you re on standard and you can get your hands on a legacy version or a normal version of a quadfecta amulet WITH life, you re more or less in a sweet spot. Again i can offer you to try out my amulet i transfered from Talisman to standard being

It has no Life but the 4 Damage stats you'd want.

Belt: Your resists on this one are strong. The WED is very lackluster, in terms of life you def. still get somtehing better. T2+WED (31+) should be the minimum you want on your beltslot. Life is second priority. Note that strength also counts towards life. The total possible Life on a belt is 40(base)+ 99(T1 Life Maxroll) + 27 from T1 Strength.

Your helmet got the Lightning arrow enchant, you can try to take out Chain in that case, it will HEAVILY increase your damage per projectile which makes harder maps and mods easier to counter. I dont see your ascendancy class though to really make a statement about it.

Playing a Shadow Assassin since my Ranger has already another build and didn't feel like leveling another Ranger. Removeing chain without having access to ricochet would probably be bad?

In case you want to really start gearing up, this is how you should proceed:

- Get a Chest piece as mentioned above, try to get as many resits as possible (And 100+ Life and some Evasion)
- Get Boots with as many resists as possible (alongside with 30%MS and Life)
- Note the resists you re missing
- Start searching for options and try to juggle the missing resists
- if you come across an option which leaves you with - say - 4% fire resist missing, try to counter that with a jewel instead for example
- Keep blessing the implicits of your items in mind

Hope that helped mate.

Heya,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a detailed answer like this, I've answered directly into the quote
"
Damn Damier your gear is awesome o______o;;

His Ghoul Ruin Viridian Jewel is just way too awesome, quad damage ffs!
Haven't seen one of those for sale since I started playing this build.
I'd pay some good money for this lol
Let's talk about Glove Enchants btw.

What does everyone feel is optimal? I think no Enchant is the best, but I already put stuff on my Acuity -_-;;
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Let's talk about Glove Enchants btw.

What does everyone feel is optimal? I think no Enchant is the best, but I already put stuff on my Acuity -_-;;

I agree especially with boss fight the closest one is reflection. I don't have acuity but I can imagine it has less dps than face breaker but more tanky.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Why are people adding Quality to Blast Rain? If it's being used for single target, wouldn't you want it's area to be as compact as possible?
IGN: LessBow
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Why are people adding Quality to Blast Rain? If it's being used for single target, wouldn't you want it's area to be as compact as possible?

The explosions overlap in the area, thus increasing the area of effect also makes the explosions larger as from what i can tell.
"
Gorrath wrote:

Heya,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a detailed answer like this, I've answered directly into the quote

Concerning Chestpiece: Don't focus too heavily on evasion, anything beyond 1-1.2k is to be concidered bonus. Other than that, you'd want to have 100+ or 110+ Life and 100+ Resists.

Boots. The lightning damage if you havent killed recently is the best enchant for Atziri and Uberatziri Runs. That's what i meant by "What you re planning to do". For mapping it's not good clearly.

Quiver: Why not taking the stats it offers whatsoever? You can still rearrange some talentpoints or items if you find yourself way overcapped in crit.

Helmet: Concerning enchant, like i told you in the beginning: Just try it. You'll see if it feels alright or not :-)
Last edited by Damier on Apr 20, 2016, 5:39:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info