Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Btw which support gem is better to drop for both 6l setup ? Is it Void Manipulation ?
"
Clerith wrote:
"
Thanarchy wrote:
I will give this build a try I guess :)
Just 4 small remarks/questions :
1) why taking only 2 frenzy charges in the Passives ? taking the 3rd and last sounds like a good boost to me !
2) projectile damage is really that important ? I played a couple of phys-bow build, and projectile damage was always disappointed in it.. also, why don't you take Slower pojectile ? LA seems already super fast, and it won't suffer than the slower speed that much no ?
3) attack speed sounds like a top stat (looking at cruel's bandit choice), why don't we take Quickstep in passives then ? :o
4) What's the point of HoI ? Herald of thunder seems like the great winner considering the Quality, no ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for answers !

Thana

I'll try to answer, though I'm no expert:

1. The passives are stretched really thin, there's so much stuff you want. There are a lot of good passives 2, 3 points away - a third frenzy charge, Acro, Quickstep, Arcing Blows cluster, that Mathil didn't get, but would all be seriously considered if he leveled past 92. But what's on the tree is more important.

2. Well, it's about as good as lightning, chaos damage. It works for both of your skills at all times. Also for the leveling process. It's just a solid, always good damage stat.

3. See 1.

4. HoI is more reliable Power Charge generation when mapping, but HoT is better for stuff like Atziri.

Once you get great gear and 19/20 + gems you get to the point where you do so much unreflectable damage it really doesn't matter. Another frenzy charge is not as big of a damage increase as you may think; each charge ADDS 3% more damage. It ends up being DPS * 1.21 instead of DPS * 1.18. For each additional charge you have, the less bonus they have with each stack--IE: diminishing returns. So, traveling to passives to keep you alive like life, and other scaling stats like chaos damage and crit multi will benefit you more. Also at the higher levels you tend to do more high level maps because they give more xp / hr, but you don't really want to run blue t10+ maps because it will be harder to sustain the map pool, so making sure you're above 4,000 life is paramount. With my gear I completely trivialize previously hard bosses like Palace Dominus, Village Ruin (dog & chicken), and even Colosseum Daresso if I get 3-5 seconds of blast rain on him.
what map mods or bosses should I avoid?
Hey man, what is like the minimum budget to make this build work. I found my own voltaxic rift (think I can make it 5 link atm), but I don't have a lot of currency left (about 2 - 3 exalts if I can sell my remaining gear I think)
Hello guys, and thanks to Mathil for this insane build.

I started my char with phy bow build and reflect killd my brain so many times. Then the Rng God save me and send me a Voltaxic bow in right hand, and Mathil's guide in left hand.

So i turn my soul in the Voltaxic direction.

Character_Stuff

I will keep
what ever. This belt is insane. I'am perma under flask effect during map (10 seconds for speed mouvement flask & Jade flask, 6 seconds on Atziri flask).

I give a shot to PetuSchokk's comment in page 4 in my build, lets try.

Thanks Mathil, and guys, for advices and keep farming ! (✿ O‿‿O)

ps: sorry for my english Keepo
Last edited by Razwar on Jan 8, 2016, 4:59:33 PM
Thx for this build mate!!!
Fun build, but glass cannon for sure, lots of deaths in high maps without very careful play. Might try with Lightning Coil and/or vessel of vinktar, if I can get some currency together.
"
supernoggy wrote:
Fun build, but glass cannon for sure, lots of deaths in high maps without very careful play. Might try with Lightning Coil and/or vessel of vinktar, if I can get some currency together.

Proper use of mirror/ blink arrow is key to staying alive.
2 points for Acrobatics can also make a huge difference.
Can someone add a skill tree for leveling ?

Level 20, Level 40, Level 60 ... ?
IGN: Vortilion
would acuity's work with this build to remove the vaal pact like other dps builds or ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info