Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
Goobey wrote:
regarding the voltaxic nerf:

the main thing for this build is the LA/frost wall interaction. in mathils most recent tree he doesnt have any chaos nodes, so we can still stick with the same tree

the only thing that changes is that less lightning damage gets converted to chaos. so the dps drops slightly because of monster ele resist, but considering he is 1 shotting atziri on a 5l, that should still be perfectly fine.

with the extra ascendancy deadeye can have an extra projectile and +1 chain, so the dps should still be higher now than it was before.

i cant tell how bad the 40% lightning will hurt against refect but appart from that the build should continue to be just as strong as it was

sorry for the incoming noob question, but i was away for a while.

What is the key function of Frostwall + LA? What makes the build so strong? Is FW casted manually?

thanks in advance
"
hunTShoo wrote:
"
Goobey wrote:

the main thing for this build is the LA/frost wall interaction. in mathils most recent tree he doesnt have any chaos nodes, so we can still stick with the same tree

the only thing that changes is that less lightning damage gets converted to chaos. so the dps drops slightly because of monster ele resist, but considering he is 1 shotting atziri on a 5l, that should still be perfectly fine.

with the extra ascendancy deadeye can have an extra projectile and +1 chain, so the dps should still be higher now than it was before.

i cant tell how bad the 40% lightning will hurt against refect but appart from that the build should continue to be just as strong as it was

What is the key function of Frostwall + LA? What makes the build so strong? Is FW casted manually?

thanks in advance

from wiki:

On hit effects: Projectiles that trigger an effect everytime they hit something, like lightning arrow, trigger their effects everytime they hit an ice wall segment as well. Pierce can be used to trigger the effects multiple times
(so in the case of lightning arrow, every time it hits a segment it shoots out a chain. now idk how many segments there are, but if you put 6 walls down you will be triggering a ton of lightning that can chain on the boss, drastically increasing single target)

i prefer to self cast FW, its mreo accurate. just put it on a bloodmagic gem and spam it on top of a boss
Last edited by Goobey on May 29, 2016, 11:37:59 AM
"
Goobey wrote:
"
hunTShoo wrote:
"
Goobey wrote:

thanks in advance

from wiki:

On hit effects: Projectiles that trigger an effect everytime they hit something, like lightning arrow, trigger their effects everytime they hit an ice wall segment as well. Pierce can be used to trigger the effects multiple times
(so in the case of lightning arrow, every time it hits a segment it shoots out a chain. now idk how many segments there are, but if you put 6 walls down you will be triggering a ton of lightning that can chain on the boss, drastically increasing single target)

i prefer to self cast FW, its mreo accurate. just put it on a bloodmagic gem and spam it on top of a boss

thank you a lot for your efforts. :)
Hey all

Voltaxic is dead in next pacth?or still viable?loose a lot of dps?
Still viable of course, and dmg loss should be ok (no more used void manip basically, which is usually the 6th support).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Planning on playing this as one of my characters in Prophecy (assuming no additional nerfs/changes to frost wall interaction). Couple questions that I would love some thoughts from smarter people...

Assuming no frost wall interaction changes, can I still play Voltaxic LA without using Blast Rain for single target (and use the other chest/bow links for a large cwdt link)? I am assuming so (based on Mathil videos/stream), but curious to hear thoughts.

Is the 6 link for LA switching from Void Manipulation to Increased Critical Strikes or something like Added Chaos/Cold?

Any thoughts on which Ascendancy class will be the best or benefit most from the 2 additional points and changes (thinking softcore)? I feel like I am leaning Deadeye, but don't think 2 additional points will be that useful... Raider seems better for map clearing but worse for stuff like Atziri (or new lab). Would love to hear thoughts on Pathfinder/Ascendant as well. Thanks guys!
Yeah if Frost Wall survives then you are good to go. Been playing recently with a Kaom and not 6L chest, feels great.

I have to mess around with links. I really wanted Crit Strikes initially, but gonna do some testing. As for Ascendancy, personally I think Ascendant got wrecked this patch. Raider looks insane if you're gonna be mapping with nasty mods, which is basically what we have to do anyways. Would be #1 choice if I roll Ranger. Deadeye always great with extra projectile and extra damage though.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Though this build might get screwed by the lack of Brodiro and the decrease in T1 unique drop rate, which could drive Voltaxics up too much.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Th3LoRD on May 30, 2016, 4:29:19 PM
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Though this build might get screwed by the lack of Brodiro and the decrease in T1 unique drop rate, which could drive Voltaxics up too much.

Thoughts?

Well, yeah.

Gotta farm a little harder than get things handed to you :>

Not really any issue I don't think, I played Voltaxic in Warbands and the following 1-mo and had it both times within a few days. If you have to use Storm Cloud a little longer it doesn't matter.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 30, 2016, 5:19:23 PM
Hello!

I want to add my few cents to the topic ( i've played voltaxic since start of february so i do have some experience with that build ):

1) Price of Voltaxic: please consider fact, that after nerf less people will want this item so as a result i don't think the price will be higher then usual ( good rolls around 2ex early ) - i also think that the price might be even lower actually - think about all those people who drop playing chaos spark/la - only because it won't be reflect immune anymore

2) Damage and gems: it's still theorycrafting, cause we don't know how much damage we'll lose exactly when VM (Void Manipulation) will only refer to 60% chaos - but! remember the fact, that i will more likely want another *MORE* gem on 60% of my dmg than added flat dmg, that won't scale with all multipliers ( like added chaos ) - For me - i will stick to the VM, because it still will be adding more damage than any other gem ( atm ) - if i'm wrong with that - please share your opinions :)

Final fact here - the worst part of nerf is not drop in dmg directly - but through combination of those map mods: ~ +80% light res, ~ +40% more monster life ( red maps ), especially when you find a map with monsters who has additional chaos res on them & enfeeble on us

3) Pierce and chain - Don't go both! The projectile can either pierce OR chain - it's up to you what you want more - chain has great ability to chain 2 screens away, but then you need single target skill. Pierce is not as effective, although it can easily make offscreen kills, but the biggest plus is droping single target skill - Frost Wall works incredibly good :)

4) Reflect - My thoughts on it are: swap WED ( Weapon Elemental Damage ) for LL ( life leech ) + bring Topaz Flask / VofV ( Vessel of the Vinktar ) - but it's still theorycrafting... Only after new league starts, we'll be 100% sure what works and what not.

5) Ascendancy - If choosing Deadeye: i suggest first going for Far Shot + Endless Munitions, then Rupture / Fast and Deadly - Rupture is awesome for us - 25% chance for cause bleed - we fire 6 projectiles, so the chance is really high, and then you have +40% in crit multi and +80% inc crit against bleeding target - so it's practically a free Maligaro Virtuosity :D Not to mention it makes you immune to additional bleed dmg while moving!!! For me - the best choice for 5 and 6 asc points - after getting 7&8 asc i will go for Fast and Deadly.

If choosing Raider: i suggest: First going for Rapid Assault -> Avatar of the Chase because of the 'more' chance for evade + huge att speed boost, then going for Way of the Poacher - in that case i will go for pierce - with so huge att speed pierce really shine :D

I do not recommend Pathfinder after the nerf - we want more dmg boosts from asc to compensate for 40% ele dmg that is affected by resistances - and rolling good flasks mods isn't that hard at all ( 20% chance to gain a flask charge when you cirt )

Cheers,
S.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info