Past of Exile - Early Alpha Screenshots

There were two phases to the Alpha - before and after we allowed selected members of the forum community to play. From 2010 onwards we had an Alpha server up for our own testing. It was very important to try playing on a real realm without cheats in another country (to test the netcode from New Zealand).

Screenshots from the Private Alpha (2010, developers only):

Some obvious bugs needed to be fixed before some forum members were invited:

Screenshots from the Private Alpha (2011, version that forum members were invited to):

It's amazing to think that some of these screenshots are half a decade old now!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jan 3, 2016, 8:58:21 PM
PogChamp
I care only for the fact that the game can look and perform WAY better than it does right now GGG.
DX12 says "HI" mates.
Long live the greatest ARPG of all time (sorry Diablo 2!) !!!
From salt mines to data mines, i like.
awesome screenshots :D you guys came a long way :)
Last edited by Swartalfar on Jan 3, 2016, 6:00:08 PM
Amazing.

Edit: I hear Chris often dies to Hillock

(Also, first page hype)
Last edited by Wraeclaster on Jan 3, 2016, 6:01:00 PM
Things looked different back then, amazing.
Diablo 2 was once the best/fav all time rpg.. Now that Ive had so many years going into PoE.. PoE has become to me what diablo3 shouldve been.. PoE has changed the game for the best.. These screenshots reminded me of times I have forgotten.. You play for so long you forget what shit use to be like.. Props to you GGG.. You guys never fail.. And have brought a game that people 10+years from now will recall as a top RPG... Thank you
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info