[2.2] How to LA -- 75k LA GMP, 327k frenzy, 87% dodge/evade chance -- featuring Darkray Vectors

"
Bed wrote:
"
GetRekz wrote:
please help me, what have i done wrong, my dps on LA unbuffed is only 4k,i mean it still like 1 shots packs on t10 maps but like, i like seeing big dps numbers :C, fully buffed its around 30k

Spoiler
30k LA fully buffed is still pretty awesome :P

Once you're decently levelled, the most significant things to improve damage generally depend on buying expensive gear unfortunately. The biggest single-step improvements to damage that you'll get would be to
1) Upgrade your bow - 288 pdps will be perfectly fine for most things, but an upgrade to a 330+ bow with 8.5% crit chance will bring about BIG improvements to your damage. The crit chance is important too!
2) Get a 6L. a 6th gem will improve your damage by 25% or so.

Other damage improvements can come from stats on gear. Obviously there's a fine balancing act between defensive and offensive stats, and always prioritise the former, but if you can make room:

The amulet and quiver are the best DPS items other than the bow itself. Try to stack as much crit multi, WED, flat phys, crit chance and accuracy on them as possible, even if it means your other items having fewer offensive stats. Don't neglect life though.

Your rings both have flat phys and one has accuracy already, they're sufficiently offensive for now I think. Focus on improving them defensively before looking for more offensive stats, or swap one for a ring with purely life/high resists so you can get a more offensive amulet.

Your helmet is good defensively. I wouldn't prioritise this by any means, but if you can find a similar one with a high (300+) accuracy roll you'll see a not-insignificant tooltip improvement.

If you can, swap doryani's for a belt with decent life + resists, either on a rustic sash base or with a good WED roll. If you can get a rustic with a good WED roll you'll see a big damage increase.

Personally I'm not a fan of snakebite, at least in combination with darkrays... Surely your frenzy charges only last for like a second? xD If you can get a rare with decent flat phys and/or IAS and/or accuracy (and life + probably resists ofc) you should be able to make up for the damage lost in replacing them, and actually be able to keep charges up.

Lightning coil is good defensively but its absolutely rubbish resistances will hurt your dps in that you'll need to focus more on resists instead of damage on other gear. Personally I prefer Hyrri's in terms of defence, which is a small but existent improvements in terms of resists as well. Using a rare chest is also an option. LC is more of an end-endgame item once you've sorted the rest of your gear, I wouldn't use it if you think you're having problems elsewhere, but it's your call :p

Finally, level your gems to 20 and use the 20% quality recipe and level them all again! Quality on a single gem doesn't make a great deal of diffence. Quality on all of them does. I wouldn't buy them all though, that's effort :p

Thank you so much, ill look into it and try n sell my LC and upgrade some other pieces, thank you a lot for responding i appreciate it a lot! (also at 8 charges with snakebites they last 3 seconds hahahahhahaha

edit: Did some changing of the equipment and have 5.5k unbuffed and 7.5k with aura+golem, now time to farm 9ex+ for a good bow.
Spoiler

Last edited by GetRekz on Jan 7, 2016, 5:55:58 AM
Are you going any pierce chance? I cant notice them on the skill tree either on the gear but on videos its seems that u pierce mobs. Also how about mana pool? The talent from the skill tree is enought? or i should look for some leech from gear?
"
alwaro5855 wrote:
Are you going any pierce chance? I cant notice them on the skill tree either on the gear but on videos its seems that u pierce mobs. Also how about mana pool? The talent from the skill tree is enought? or i should look for some leech from gear?

Nope there's no pierce chance for this character, definitely 100% chain :p Though they can look quite similar with high projectile speed..

For mana, the Essence Sap passive is generally enough to sustain LA yeah, though a rare jewel with mana on hit does help for smaller packs occasionally. There's really no need for extra leech on gear.
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
Last edited by Bed on Jan 9, 2016, 6:48:51 PM
Here's a bit of food for thought.

A frenzy charge focused bow build is going to obscene in Ascendancy. You might think that the Deadeye tree looks nice, but the Raider tree is going to be nuts.

Here's what it'll give you:

+1 Frenzy charge (Bringing our total to 10 charges with +1 Darkray Vectors and the bandits)
Obviously, you'd go with Avatar of Frenzy and Rapid Assault.

Those 10 frenzy charges will with that Ascendancy passive and +1 Darkray vectors give us a grand total of:

70% Movement Speed
40% More damage
30% Increased damage
70% Increased Attack Speed
20% Additional Dodge chance

Last, but not least, Frenzy charge generation and Onslaught on kill.
The Deadeye tree cannot even compare and never will.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Last edited by idiocyincarnate on Jan 9, 2016, 7:36:24 PM
What about

Surgebinders gloves?
"

A frenzy charge focused bow build is going to obscene in Ascendancy. You might think that the Deadeye tree looks nice, but the Raider tree is going to be nuts.

+1 Frenzy charge (Bringing our total to 10 charges with +1 Darkray Vectors and the bandits)

Those 10 frenzy charges will with that Ascendancy passive and +1 Darkray vectors give us a grand total of:

70% Movement Speed
40% More damage
30% Increased damage

I agree, raider tree is pretty insane. Going as a Shadow Assassin would probably be higher in terms of raw damage, but would be totally glass cannon (and less MS!). Seeing as this build scales frenzy so heavily, avatar of Frenzy is pretty hard to beat. I'm slightly torn for the remaining 2 ascendency passives though - Quartz Infusion would let you cap dodge chance at 75% assuming Frenzy charges and Hyrri's which would be insane defence, but Rapid Assault would give a not insignificant clear speed boost. Point of Preference I guess, but I'd probably go for Quartz Infusion for a serious character since I'm not exactly lacking on offence anyway.

"
Mrchurro wrote:
What about

Surgebinders gloves?

Surgebinders have some decent offensive stats sure (up to 70% increased ele damage), but that's probably the only useful thing about them tbh. No life or resists make me sad :( I haven't actually tried them out so can't say for sure, but I'd imagine the damage boost is no better than maligaro's (probably worse), except Maligaro's works even when you DON'T have charges up, and doesn't reduce an already annoyingly short frenzy duration.

So I'd stick with rare gloves. Or if you really want to be offensive, get a Rat's Nest. Or if you really want to be completely glass cannon, get a Rat's Nest and Maligaro's. I wouldn't suggest Surgebinders myself.
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
this is great!
thanks for uploading!
:D
can this be played as Shadow?
"

70% Movement Speed
40% More damage
30% Increased damage

Honestly I think going Duelist Champion is way better. Permanent Fortify would be way more useful, you don't need more damage.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:

Honestly I think going Duelist Champion is way better. Permanent Fortify would be way more useful, you don't need more damage.

It is not really about the damage. Damage is cool and all, but it is about the clearspeed bonus from Onslaught and extra movement speed from frenzy. Also the extra attack is also sort of nice to have for extra clear speed but not needed.

My plan is to go for a build very similar to this for ascendancy with raider and this passive setup:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKKn1P7IGwEZ_gYjexSUuBut-WNU_r3mlcztPz7PUUeVBdnGMpR_AqbgCIma8V1oyqkwfI19I_ZNkn8rOdR29zH6oJ9W-nfX2GDXLUkPFHVbryF2hs7BMw2Nh3bjn0p9Z6CQCk4qI9OPYEz_QzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu8uU9NvjX63tnXL6mK-p2VNvTZHfoTZ51Qk_f_ejb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbXC7LTFYqxsjAzypcudqjY962MRL7VI1EKEb3X9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFI=
(bandis = hp, passive, frenzy).

Champion is also perfectly viable :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info