[2.5] Death's Kiss, a Trickster Essence Drain/Contagion full build and leveling guide

"
michulos wrote:
What do you think about Carcass Jack and Bino's?

Carcass Jack is nice, no opinions on Bino. If I had a 6L Carcass I might use it, but this assassin's garb will have to do until that day happens.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
uTun1 wrote:
Totally agreed with all the things u wrote on the build.

Im doing self-found essense drain for the same reason u chose, tested if its fun or not. Its the story 1 week before, now im at lvl 90 with totally trashy and self found gear.

Low budget build but can tank almost the high tier maps. Killed Crema Boss, Orchard,Academy,... excep Excavation.

The higher u contagion the mob packs, u will get life regen based on 0.5% of your DPS,that causes sometimes i hit 1000 life regen--> totally awesome.

Fortify helsp 20% reduced dmg, artic armour, chaos golem, immortal call, curse and 1k life regen make u the beast also.

Currently at 5L: i have 13k DPS, 6.1k life, 420 life regen without contagion, res capped
But pretty annoying when doing maps with groups since u dont have too much clear speed.

And let me ask you my question: How the fk u get that 6l OMG, im dying here to grab one.

Spoiler

Trying not to brag here, but I randomly threw 1 fuse to this 6 socket drop (it's a nice base) and it 6Led. Spent 120 chaos to get the current stats. Any reason why you're using Poison instead of Slower Projectiles?

My playstyle is mobility, gear trashy so eva and ar not good which i keep moving around, whirl hardly to avoid hit and since its a mechanic-based playstyle , i cant use slower proj, its too slow and too hard to aim right.
Ok, after a day of testing, I've decided I still prefer Poison + Slower Projectiles (Replace with Empower 3 end game). The Poison stack, while it does not spread to other monsters, when you stack in on rare/unique mobs with tons of life, the stacking of the Poison does do a significant amount of degeneration.

If you want a bigger damage degen being spread out with Contagion, remove Poison. If you want your ED to function as a good single target, while sacrificing a bit of the spreading degeneration, use Slower Projectiles + Empower or Faster Projectiles.
This seems pretty fun, I'm still a fairly new player but am looking to create my second character to play with some friends. My first was a 2H Cyclone Marauder.

Is this build fairly beginner friendly? Would you recommend it for someones second character with minimal currency?

For those of you who have used this build for a long time, is it still fun?

Lastly, I plan to also group with friends at later levels. Is this build THAT bad in groups to the point of not even bothering?

Thanks!
"
VILLAIN14 wrote:
This seems pretty fun, I'm still a fairly new player but am looking to create my second character to play with some friends. My first was a 2H Cyclone Marauder.

Is this build fairly beginner friendly? Would you recommend it for someones second character with minimal currency?

For those of you who have used this build for a long time, is it still fun?

Lastly, I plan to also group with friends at later levels. Is this build THAT bad in groups to the point of not even bothering?

Thanks!

This build is not really suitable for groups if you want to contribute to damage. It works, but you will be more useful as a double curse walking bot rather than something that can help clear out packs. It's super budget friendly, you can farm on a 4L on dried lake, although a 5L would be good to have for mapping..
My animated guardian doesn't heal up. I am a fairly new player and have never used that skill before. I have seen videos where the animated guardian goes to town with you and heals to full. Mine gets wounded and dies over time because I can't ever heal him.

I end up having to keep making a new one. Right now it is not a big deal because I just use items that I found, but down the road, if I make the one with uniques like you suggest, it will be expensive to buy new parts for him every 15 minutes.

What am I doing wrong?
"
FooWho wrote:
My animated guardian doesn't heal up. I am a fairly new player and have never used that skill before. I have seen videos where the animated guardian goes to town with you and heals to full. Mine gets wounded and dies over time because I can't ever heal him.

I end up having to keep making a new one. Right now it is not a big deal because I just use items that I found, but down the road, if I make the one with uniques like you suggest, it will be expensive to buy new parts for him every 15 minutes.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you get the minion life regeneration node near the Templar side?
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Did you get the minion life regeneration node near the Templar side?

Ah, ok. I see now. No, I don't have that node yet. Thanks for pointing it out. I will just use the chaos golem for now until I get that point.
Last edited by FooWho on Jan 3, 2016, 12:28:56 PM
Hello!

when you say "off hand" for some of the jewels, what do mean by that? what are we using the extra gems for in gameplay? contagion, fast casting and blood magic?

thanks all

My take on this build

I'd suggest you use a Consuming Dark. It saves a gem slot on your setup by freeing poison as a support gem AND helps you a great deal with bosses and chaos resist rares. Combined with Winds of Change gloves, you will have no problem with the slower projectiles gem.

My blashephy setup is Vuln + Enfeeble. I find it better (and safer) since I play Talisman HC.

My current gear ( I am level 80) 5500hp + 1100 ES:
Spoiler

You can see my passive tree ( did some changes) in my profile page.
Last edited by Felekis on Jan 3, 2016, 6:27:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info