3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
Zanzibar wrote:
is there a reason why you chose dual strike as your primary offensive skill? will other skills like lacerate work as well?

I created my dual striker to be like the Diablo 2 Smiter Paladin wearing Dracul's gauntlets (only leech gloves in that game). I loved the speed of his chopping and the speed also made him virtually unkilliable unless he's 1-hit. He can tank 16 stacks of the Uber Trio's corrupted blood while still gaining health haha. He's just nuts.

He is easily the most unique character in POE and he just makes you feel so powerful. He's just insane. I loved that. Other skills were slow or boring or limited and didn't make me feel strong and also wouldn't let me tank. I don't like running, skirting, dodging or anything. I managed to get my dual striker powerful enough that even my budget build dual striker can tank all maps/bosses/corrupt-mods in the entire game except Uber Atziri, Shaper, and Core Malachai who were made specifically anyway to F*** everyone sideways so I can't help that. I'd say those are all reasons why I love my build more than any other.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Oct 21, 2016, 3:08:21 PM
yup
Scruffy...the janitor...
Hi
I find this build is very cool and interesting
But I have some questions

1.I'm level 82 now,and my tooltip dps is 52k with aura
Is this too low? I use bloodlust/multistrike/Melee Splash
Or my real dps is 52k*1.59=82k?

2.I find that APS of my axe is 1.88,and I can use dual strike 9.76/s
But I change my weapon into an APS 1.39 one and dual strike 9.04/s
Is that mean I can just choose the axe which has higher dps?

3.There are 3 axes,one is dps 324=pdps 324 and aps 1.88
one is dps 379.5(pdps 327.75 & edps 51.75) and aps 1.38
one is dps 352.37(pdps 314.34 & edps 38.03) and aps 1.69
which axe should I choose?

Sorry for my poor English and thank you for your nice build^^
"
tenninex wrote:
Hi
I find this build is very cool and interesting
But I have some questions

1.I'm level 82 now,and my tooltip dps is 52k with aura
Is this too low? I use bloodlust/multistrike/Melee Splash
Or my real dps is 52k*1.59=82k?

2.I find that APS of my axe is 1.88,and I can use dual strike 9.76/s
But I change my weapon into an APS 1.39 one and dual strike 9.04/s
Is that mean I can just choose the axe which has higher dps?

3.There are 3 axes,one is dps 324=pdps 324 and aps 1.88
one is dps 379.5(pdps 327.75 & edps 51.75) and aps 1.38
one is dps 352.37(pdps 314.34 & edps 38.03) and aps 1.69
which axe should I choose?

Sorry for my poor English and thank you for your nice build^^

1. Nope, that's about right. There's tens of thousands of DPS not shown in the tooltip. You're closer to 100k dps than you realize. You need to leap slam to apply bleed if you're using the voidheart setup. The multiplication is very annoying but you're guess of 82k is close.

2. APS is king of my build. I don't care if the axe is 10000-1000000 one hand pDPS but 1.3 APS, you NEED 1.88+ APS on the axe for leech to survive
3. Use a Soul Taker with the axe that does dps 324=pdps 324 and aps 1.88 (first axe you listed)

Hope this helps!

What if......

You replaced melee splash with Ancestral Warchief?

You'd have a whole 'nother 4L to work with, and don't really lose much at all. Yeah, your dual strike will be single target only, but who cares as your totem will clear packs like a boss with that setup. Just focus the rares or whatever. Or just pick shit up while your totem is wreaking, lol.

I don't know what you'd do on your other 4L setup; this is your build so you're the expert, but I bet you can come up with something.

Admitably, I'm kinda a noob (I did play a little years ago, but my computer sucked so I just got into cruel before I gave up) so Essence league is the first time I've ever even gotten into a map, and I've only gotten to level 10 maps so far as I don't play a ton and I'm sure I'm slow and not efficient, but I have sort of a similar setup on a max block gladiator. It happened totally by accident; I was gradually upgrading my armor and now my gems didn't fit right and I needed a new piece or armor or something anyway, so rather than chrome everything I just threw my totem on my 6L chest temporarily... but it worked so well it was no longer temporary. I originally planned on something similar to yours with the Warchief on his own (in my case I did lose a little damage from lacking a 5th support for my main attack, but it's well worth it as far as I can tell), but by putting the Warchief on my main attack it opened all kinds of options for me that have been working super well.

I realize conventional wisdom is to support your main attack(s) all with support gems, but since the totem attacks on it's own and leaves you free to do whatever you want whilst it's smashing, I think it makes sense to throw your totem on your main attack setup if you can. Especially since losing that melee splash doesn't gimp your single target damage.

Like I said though, I'm inexperienced; maybe in high level maps the totem can't clear packs fast (I doubt it though; unless I don't understand how dual strike works 35% splash damage off that ought to be nothing in comparison to that totem)? Maybe my standards are terrible and my idea of clearing "fast" is not fast at all? I don't know, but I can't help but think a bonus 4 gem setup would be well worth the trade.

If nothing else I'd love to hear your recommendation for an extra 4L if someone were to try this. Or your explanation as to why I'm wrong, which I may well be. I've still got a lot to learn. Truth be told I feel a bit upity making a recommendation at all to a more experienced player, but it seemed to work so well for me I figured it was worth a shot. So far I haven't really ran into many challenges other than the temple boss. And that was just me not knowing how he worked; once I was onto him he went down pretty fast. Yeah, I've died a few times (ok, maybe more than a few...)- learned what corrputed blood was, learning stuff like that the hard way, but it's been easier than I expected so far. In fact I think 'normal' was harder than anything (the Act 3 boss and a few of the Act 4 bosses killed me more than once), so I must be doing something right as it seems to be getting less challenging as I go.

Thanks for taking to time to post this build! It looks pretty fun; I may have to try it one day.
Thank you for the answer.
Last question is:
I don't have the block 15% head.
Only have 6%.
Well that be good if I use abyssus and Belly?
Or the head with high HP and Belly?
This will make my HP higher.
But I won't have Blind anymore,and the block will down.
I don't know how to choose.
"
Runkter wrote:
What if......

You replaced melee splash with Ancestral Warchief?

You'd have a whole 'nother 4L to work with, and don't really lose much at all. Yeah, your dual strike will be single target only, but who cares as your totem will clear packs like a boss with that setup. Just focus the rares or whatever. Or just pick shit up while your totem is wreaking, lol.

I don't know what you'd do on your other 4L setup; this is your build so you're the expert, but I bet you can come up with something.

Admitably, I'm kinda a noob (I did play a little years ago, but my computer sucked so I just got into cruel before I gave up) so Essence league is the first time I've ever even gotten into a map, and I've only gotten to level 10 maps so far as I don't play a ton and I'm sure I'm slow and not efficient, but I have sort of a similar setup on a max block gladiator. It happened totally by accident; I was gradually upgrading my armor and now my gems didn't fit right and I needed a new piece or armor or something anyway, so rather than chrome everything I just threw my totem on my 6L chest temporarily... but it worked so well it was no longer temporary. I originally planned on something similar to yours with the Warchief on his own (in my case I did lose a little damage from lacking a 5th support for my main attack, but it's well worth it as far as I can tell), but by putting the Warchief on my main attack it opened all kinds of options for me that have been working super well.

I realize conventional wisdom is to support your main attack(s) all with support gems, but since the totem attacks on it's own and leaves you free to do whatever you want whilst it's smashing, I think it makes sense to throw your totem on your main attack setup if you can. Especially since losing that melee splash doesn't gimp your single target damage.

Like I said though, I'm inexperienced; maybe in high level maps the totem can't clear packs fast (I doubt it though; unless I don't understand how dual strike works 35% splash damage off that ought to be nothing in comparison to that totem)? Maybe my standards are terrible and my idea of clearing "fast" is not fast at all? I don't know, but I can't help but think a bonus 4 gem setup would be well worth the trade.

If nothing else I'd love to hear your recommendation for an extra 4L if someone were to try this. Or your explanation as to why I'm wrong, which I may well be. I've still got a lot to learn. Truth be told I feel a bit upity making a recommendation at all to a more experienced player, but it seemed to work so well for me I figured it was worth a shot. So far I haven't really ran into many challenges other than the temple boss. And that was just me not knowing how he worked; once I was onto him he went down pretty fast. Yeah, I've died a few times (ok, maybe more than a few...)- learned what corrputed blood was, learning stuff like that the hard way, but it's been easier than I expected so far. In fact I think 'normal' was harder than anything (the Act 3 boss and a few of the Act 4 bosses killed me more than once), so I must be doing something right as it seems to be getting less challenging as I go.

Thanks for taking to time to post this build! It looks pretty fun; I may have to try it one day.

You wrote a lot and I read it all. It was pretty painful to read all ofthat but I try to be supportive of new players and their exploration of build decisions. That being said:

Why keep melee splash? Because leech x multiple enemies, because clear speed is instantaneous, because APS effectiveness, because iPDPS, because it makes auras work on entire mobs, because because because so many reasons haha.

Melee splash has a synergy with the ENTIRE setup. When you get to a higher level, without melee splash this build would have never made it past T12. And Ancestral Warchief is cool and all, but it's there only to add DPS to you, not to kill as it dies instantly in any serious fight.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Oct 23, 2016, 4:05:24 AM
"
tenninex wrote:
Thank you for the answer.
Last question is:
I don't have the block 15% head.
Only have 6%.
Well that be good if I use abyssus and Belly?
Or the head with high HP and Belly?
This will make my HP higher.
But I won't have Blind anymore,and the block will down.
I don't know how to choose.

the correct answer is: Wear the Bringer of Rain even though it has 6% block. At some point come T12+ maps you may desire that increased block if your axes are slow, but from where I am, I roll through corrupted double boss maps and do not even use block potions 90% of the time. You'll be able to survive with time as you gradually find good rare gloves, ring, boots, belt and level up to get the health you need.

Do not ditch the Bringer of Rain :D since you lack block and cannot compensate, focus on APS. You can recuperate lost defense by leeching even faster with great siege axes, cheap Rumi's potions, Vaal Pact and leech. You'll make it very far if you can leech fast enough and with just enough health not to get 1 hit.

Ever since patch 2.4 and the dual strike buffs, block is almost not even needed anymore because even budget builds can reach 6500-7000 life to survive all maps from 1 hit mechanics and leech their entire life bar back in a millisecond. Only reason why anyone with my build dies is ONLY because of cheap 1 hit mechanics and health caps.

Hope this helps!
poopoo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info