Analysis/Feedback/Suggestions

I've wanted to discuss and anylyze the game a bit for quite a while, and now after a week or so in the new 3m leagues i believe its the right time to do it. The thread is about the game in general and not focusing on the leagues, discussing things that bother me (ande apparently a few others) and making suggestions that could probably help the game and GGG. Suggestions will be written with bold so the lazy people can skip right to the point. I highly suggest though, that if you want to really understand the reasoning behind anything that is analyzed here to read the whole post (even if its going to be really big)

21/12/2015
Leveling Progress
I'll start with an issue that im almost 100% sure that bothers the majority of veteran players and those who have spent countless amounts of time leveling new characters. As it is now, repeating three times the quests from normal to mercilless is boring/annoying at least, and its one of the major factors people get burned from the game. I find it really exciting making new builds but its often the case that i wish i could just teleport to mercilless, because ive made this leveling progress more than i can count (obviously im exagerating, but you get the point - though with all the rips and re-rolls im certain ive made it from normal to cruel/merciless more than 150-200times). Even when you are truly hyped for the game, that repeating leveling progress takes all the joy away. So i have gave it a bit of a thought and here is a suggestion that could potentially solve up to two issues depending which suggestion is more well-recieved/prefered. When you get to level 85(or 90) for the first time in a league you get the option to create a blank character (similar to the choice Leo offers for LLD) who is already 60level and starts at A1 Mercilles with all the quests up to that point completed and not a single point allocated in the tree. That character's quest rewards that award gems/gear as well as the gems offered from the vendors in each difficulty are NOT TRADEBLE (similar to Leo's premade characters' gear). The character in every other way is free to act as if he was made from level 1. The alternative requirement would be to kill mercilles Malachai. If the alternative is implemented then GGG solves both the issue with the tedius and repetitive leveling progress as well as giving a purpose/goal to players to actually do merciless Malachai (and not just get the skill point from a4).

Ground Projectiles
Second one is something that bothers me since the first time i actually played PoE, ive seen quite a few threads over the time about the issue at hand, but at that time it was not a big deal. Whats the issue you might ask that was not present then but it is now, well thats the interaction of ground projectiles (GP) generated by players with the flying monsters in the game. Yes you might think thats a joke but its actually a reason why those skills that generate GP died over the passage of time. Spark/Lightning Strike/Arctic Breath are those skills and i can speak about the first two with certainty that this GP thing is such a huge turnoff. Why is that? Because of the neverending addition of new monsters that GP cannot even hit. Leapers/SRS/Animated Weapons/Flying Birds etc all of those make those skill TOTALLY USELESS. And guess what animated weapons and SRS are used more and more with every new content. So the suggestion is make GP interact with those kind of enemies (at least animated weapons and SRS) while still keeping their interaction with the environment as it is now. Here is a way GP could interact with monsters while keeping their ground identity

Melee
Lets talk about melee now (this section is focused around HC leagues, though im sure certain STD players will find many solid points here). So GGG tries to change the meta with every patch to keep the game fresh get more player attention. That was indeed the case with the melee patch earlier this year when many players made melee characters only to realise that melee is still the worst possible build you can make in an unforgiving environment. In no way i believe melee is not viable, just that is so worse in doing and clearing content compared to anything else that makes you keep wondering, WHY? Even when melee was HYPED, the other kind of builds (yes ranged and spellcasters) faired much better if you objectively compared them (and with the recent patch the latter two even got more buffs for fuck's sake). You can argue that melee get more hp/armour/defences in general, evasion "sucks", and after the remake of EB caster got the shaft too. Also that melee get fortify while others dont (at least when using ranged attacks/spells). Then you can argue that cyclone is OP and carries melee players everywhere, ice crash and reave is top tier clearing tools etc. Lets actually see the facts though shall we?

- Fortify gives a huge 20% dmg reduction bonus and some increased physical dmg bonus. While this was a welcomed addition for melee, in the same time the physical damage output of monsters was amplified too, leaving melee players in a worse spot that before. Yes in a WORSE spot than before, Fortify is now MANDATORY for every melee HC build doing high level content - something that GGG surely does not like (or do they?), it uses a gem slot for just keeping up with the game's damage buffs to mobs - a gem slot that could have been used for some increase in dps or aoe to actually help melee to get a better clearing speed, and its only physical damage bonus so melee elemental attacks are excluded.

- Hit points and armour : Its a fact that melee players take many more hits compared to other kind of builds. So its totally reasonable that the melee side of the tree has more effective HP and armour nodes, and while the armour part is true, regarding life its not, they just have more life nodes that still need passive points to take them, leaving melee in an awkward situation where they are forced to take life nodes in order to have better chances of not randomly dying thus getting less dmg cause in the end the points are not enough for both. Nowdays i personally find it unacceptable to have a melee character with less than 6-6.5k life in HC if you are planning doing 76+ maps thats a lot of nodes in life dont you think?

- Cyclone, some other "good" melee skills and the rest belonging to the potato tier. It was the case that cyclone during the melee patch was more or less the most used melee skill, with the hyped ice crash coming second i believe. Its still the case that cyclone is still the most used the only melee skill that can be compared to the clearing speed of the ranged/spell skills. Thats because it offers good damage and at the same time mobility and also, beacuse it can be used with every single melee weapon as well as unarmed. Whats the issue here, you might ask, and ill answer to that, the diversity. So many well made melee skills with a nice theme but they wont be used ever (even with the buff to melee splash) because there are litterally 3-4 more effective alternatives.

- Evasion based melee HC characters, enough said.

Spellcasters had already great clearing speed, even non-hyped spells at the time (like spark, fireball, FP, arc, searing bond, lightning trap etc.) where much better clearing maps than melee, and their weakness being their squishy hit point pool which could be easily countered with ES or Life/ES focus. In the first case values of 12k ES are not hard to get at all with decent gear while 8-9k life/es total pool was easily obtainable too, while in both cases the dps and clearing speed was still better than melee.

Ranged builds and especially bows, where dominant then and they are dominant now too. GGG had mentioned somewhere that bow users are a huge percentange of the total player base, and that makes me believe that keeping them happy is a priority for them even, whatever that means regarding balance and fairness.

Anyway the suggestions here are simple (and similar to the Soul of Steel notable mechanic that i had suggested in alpha and thankfully was implemented shortly afterwards as a means to help melee mitigation). Remove fortify as a gem, but leave the fortify buff as a mechanic. Make some nodes in the tree give %chance to gain Fortify on kill/hit/getting hit. Give more fortify clusters as well physical mitigation nodes -like soul of steel - in the tree near marauder/templar/duelist (ill suggest shortly how those should be implemented). Make life nodes on the "melee" side of the tree more EFFECTIVE. Give evasion, the ability to work VS physical spells/abilities that stacks multiplicatively with spell dodge for those spells only. That alone would be a huge buff to evasion based melee characters.

-New four node clusters similar to Soul of Steel and Rampart : 1) 4% incresed life 5% increased armour 5% fortify duration 2) 2% additional physical damage reduction 3) 5% fortify effect 3%increased life 4)Notable : 10% fortify Effect 2% additional physical damage reduction 2% increased life (values and combinations can ofcourse change as GGG sees fit, but 2-3 clusters combining stats of those already in game clusters would be great)

-Make two new Keystones one between templar and marauder and one betweend duelist and marauder. BOTH Keystones read : Can only deal melee damage (or whatever wording is suitable so only damage with melee skills is possible to be made from player, that would prevent any other form of damage done by the player taking those keystones, in a similar way that ancestral bond prevents selfcasting abilities to deal damage). Behind the aforementioned Keystones there would be 2-3 powerfull clusters, augmenting melee power. Example of the notables behind this Keystone could be : +1 to max resist, your single target attacks deal 30% of the damage to nearby enemies, 8% additional physical damage reduction, 20% life + 30% Armour, 30%melee dmg + 15% attack speed, gain 15% of an element as extra damage, 8%block + 30% melee damage while holding a shield or dual wielding etc. (Of course numbers and position of those can change as GGG sees fit)

-Rework melee skills and add restrictions on the weapons used. Make Cyclone for example only usable with 2h Axes and Swords, Ice Crash/Molten Strike/Infernal Blow/Clacial Hammer only with unarmed/mace/staves, some will stay as they are of course, but in general i believe you get what i mean. Doing that there is so much potential and room for buffs in existing skills that otherwise if implemented would break the game (glacial hammer gives fortify to the user when it freezes or shatters/ molten strike projectiles can fork/chain etc). I know for a fact though that GGG is against that restriction to weapons.

Ascendancies basically adressed some thing from this one. There are still things here worth taking a look but its highly unlikely they will ever be added.

Talisman Leagues

Currently white and blue talismans are only good for summoning Rigwald. Yellow ones are way too rare, and its often the case they are much worse than below-average amulets. What i would like to see (and im not the only one on this) is that for white and blue talismans, to be a recipie to upgrade them in the next rarity tier. 5 white talismans give a blue one, and 5 blue talismans give a yellow one. 5 yellow ones only give a rerolled yellow and not a unique. Those recipies would ofcourse follow talisman rules and would be given corrupted with random mods rolled. Obsolete

06/01/2016
Bladefall

Let start with Bladefall the physical spell damage skill. Its simply too strong and it requires minimal investment from the tree. It simply outshines many old as well new skills. But let us compare it to its counterparts (physical damage spells). Blade Vortex while can get out of hand it requires increased duration and increased AoE nodes from the tree + increased duration gem. Ethereal Knives require faster projectile speed and usually chain too. What does bladefall require ? Absolutely nothing. It deals insane damage, it has solid aoe (thats amplifeid by quality), excellent damage effectiveness and a nice cast time too. You simply take damage nodes and damage increasing supports and there you have it the perfect tool for making everything seem so easy.Bladefall needs to get the Ice Crash treatment and have its damage dealt by the rest of the volleys reduced or something. At its current state is just too strong without any real investment
Implemented

Shadow
I cant be the only one who is really annoyed by the fact that shadow's start became what it is. He had general physical damage increase nodes in a bit lower value than those of the Marauder(who is considered the pure physical character though only for melee damage). With the addition of chaos damage too i really feel GGG has overbuffed it. Marauder's 5first points in the physical path give 62% Melee physical dmg + 16life while Shadow has 56% Physical damage increase (no restriction) + 12life + 56% increase in Chaos damage. How is that even comparable and faire? Seriously those nodes need to change/tweaked. Either revert those nodes to what they were before (only physical increase), or change them completely to give only chaos damage in the same values as marauder's physical. Either way his Coordination notable needs to be buffed cause it currently feels too underpowered compared to other starting notables. Something in par with Templar's Retribution.Implemented

FPS and loading time issues
I shouldn't even explain that part but i will a bit. It bothers me greatly that with the passing of time, PoE becomes more and more demanding while offering little in return. Around two years in the past, i could run PoE with all the graphics options in full, though loading new areas was still slow cause i lack an SSD, this though did not bother me as much. As the time was passing i started to see a big drop in graphical performance while playing PoE, so i started lowering the graphics options. I am at point now that i have them all in the lowest possible value and the game is almost unplayable due to FPS issues. I cant for example go into Harvest, cause my fps drops to 10-12 instantly and averages 7-9 when i fight Malachai. When i load Unhearthed hideout it takes minimum 60-70seconds to do so, and fps is going up and down like crazy there. What is also really frustrating is that i can no longer be in parties of 3 or more people cause of all those fancy skill/armour MTX that seem to make my PC (and my eyes) bleed. Ive seen many threads regarding fps issues and still nothing is done about it. What i suggest (that is probably already suggested) is to put more options for graphical (or other kind of) performance. Like turn off mtx, special particles from skills etc.

Map Drops
A hot topic like forever. Running 130+ quantity maps and getting nothing in return, or getting -6 or -10 level maps from what you are running is frustrating. Then you run a white map or a 30% quantity blue rolled map and you see 2 or even more +1 drops or even +2drops. It is not only annoying but its ironic as well if you compare situations like that, when in the first you spend a lot of currency for the right high quantity map and get nothing and then with really no investment cause RNG just smiled at you, you get a lot in return. The changes to map drops where not welcomed from the community and for various reasons too, other objective and other subjective. Who really is the loser in that whole situation is the average player, who does not own 200c for map rolling per week, or does not have 500players giving him free stuff, or does not want to party etc. Basically with the existing system, experience and leveling is GATED behind RNG. Its ok to gate powerfull items, but restricting players to advance in level cause of that system is not.
So the suggestion is the following: Make it so that with each set amount of quantity percentage rolled maps get some properties regarding map drop. So a white map has the basic chance to drop a map, blue maps have a 10% extra chance to drop a map and yellow maps have 15% or 20% extra chance. Now, with each rolled quantity you get some benefits. Lets say, 40% quantity makes it so that any map dropped can be at maximum -4 levels from the one you are doing, 80%quantity - 3levels, 120%quantity -2levels etc. Quality added by chisels and sac fragments does not modify that. Also unique maps are excluded from this too. Some measures to ensure that maps drop more frequently but more important that the maps that drop are not UTTERLY shit tier. Getting from 12-13tier back to 8 and 9 is not fun. Ofcourse all those numbers can be changed accordingly.

17/01/2016
Poison
The fotm, the big thing in this patch and one of the broken mechanics (as it is of now). I was really looking forward to the rework of poison and poisoned themed skills as many other player too but i didnt expect this to be so heavily abused as it is now. Clearly when adding that GGG didnt take into consideration all tha possible interactions with certain skills and unique items. And so here we are with viper strike still lame while elemental skills doing poison things better that the original poison skills. Yeah, fuck that. Its almost certain that specific (conversion and on poison) items will be nerfed/tweaked (after the talisman league ofcourse...) because those two literally got the broken status with the poison changes. As it is now, using skills that fully convert x% dmg type to chaos not only offer REFLECT immunity but also a huge dps bonus and further survival bonus, is that really balanced i ask? We had -to chaos conversions before and that was good cause it offered players a way to deal with reflect but adding dps on top of that is NOT balanced at all. With that said, more like a prediction and not excactly a suggestion i would say that The Consuming Dark's conversion would (should) probably go down to 25-50% (Implemented) instead of the 75% that is now while the "Your Chaos damage poison" affix would be changed to "Your Chaos Damage has 25-50% chance to poison". Similar to that Bino's two poison related affixes would be changed to a fixed chanced instead of 100% on kill and/or nerf the values.

Its also the case that chaos damage has come a long way since the start, and its now not so rare as it used to be. That calls for some changes and new additions to the game. Add some more chaos resistance nodes and clusters in the tree (in the left side too, chaos resistance fits the str/dex classes too), and make chaos resistance a bit more common as a mod in items.

Also add a new mod for flasks that reads : Immunity to Poison during Flask effect, Removes Poison on use.GGG you should think of PVP too, and how poison mechanics as they are now break the balance.
Implemented

Bleeding
The recent change to poison made me compare the mechanic to bleeding and found the latter very lacking.

Bloodlust (support gem) simply put, sucks. Nobody used it not even when GGG tried to force it with nodes in the tree and implicits on items. Give bloodlust support gem similar properties to the Poison support gem. Bloodlust now should read : Supported skills cause bleeding on hit, 15%(level 1) up to 25%(level 20) More melee damage against bleeding targets.

Tora's Weapons are really strong, especially in the LLD environment. If GGG paid even the minimal attention they could see that. Change the Causes Bleeding on Hit affix to, 30-40% chance to Cause Bleeding on Hit

Items
Well that has been an issue for me for a very long time and ive seen a lot of threads over the time for some of those items with the biggest issue being the Coral Amulet. In addition i would like to speak about Cloth and Studded belts too as well as Belts in general.

Lets begin with the bigger issue, which is ofcourse the Coral Amulet. The implicit reads: 2 to 4 Life Regenerated per Second. Seriously that is what tha implicit offers. And while i sure understand that it is of some importance when racing during low levels, that implicit is by far the worst we can have in the amulet spot cause after level 20 it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Lets first compare it to some of the other amulet implicits :
Paua Amulet : 20% to 30% increased Mana Regeneration Rate - approximately the power of 1-2 nodes
Amber/Jade/Lapis Amulet : 20 to 30 Str/Dex/Int thats 2-3 nodes or 1 notable
Gold Amulet : 12 to 20% increased Rarity of Items found - priceless(3-5 jewels with rarity mod)
Agate/Turquoise/Citrine Amulet : 16 to 24 to two stats (total 32 up to 48 stats) thats 3 to 5 nodes
Onyx Amulet : 10 to 16 to all stats (total 30-48stats) - also 3 to 5 nodes

You can clearly see now that coral's implicit is way too shitty for way too long.Change Coral's implicit from 2 to 4 life regenerated per second to : 0.2% to 0.4% life regenerated per second thats way better and it actually worth less than 1 node still ( it could be like 0.4% to 0.6% but it might be deemed too powerful.) Implemented With marble amulet end game base.

Studded and Cloth belts, while i have found studded's belt implicit of mediocre importance in the past, i do not belive its worth as a belt implicit on its own. The case is even more true about cloth that is next to uselless. Combine those two implicits to a single one or add something more to each one. So if you combined them it could be a belt with 2implicits (and even then im not sure if people would still prefer them to other bases) or add something like "3%-5% reduced enemy stun threshold" on studded belts and "5%-10% chance to avoid interuption from stuns while casting" or "4%-8% stun avoidance" on cloth belts. In both scenarios we would have belts with two implicits.

To further improve the belt slot we can also have new types of belts implemented. Implicit mods could be : 5%-10% armour or flat number, 5%-10% evasion or flat number, 10%-20% mana regen, +25-35 to dexterity, 0.3%-0.5% life regen, 8%-10% all resists, 3%-5% increased movement speed etc.
New high level base items basically adressed some of the issues raised here. Still there are suggestion that could fit right in the game

Cyclone
Because i feel that more (unneeded) nerfs will come to that (awesome in my opinion, but heavily abused ) skill ill repeat some things ive already said in first post and suggest something new too. Rework melee skills and add restrictions on the weapons used. Make Cyclone for example only usable with 2h Axes and Swords or remove the AoE tag from its description, now only the weapon you wield and increases to melee weapon range affect the range that you can hit.

20/03/2016

Poison
While nerfs have been implemented for both the items i said in a previous post, GGG totally missed the point that poison is stronger as a mechanic for casters than it is for melee. No reflect and double dipping is way to strong of mechanics to just give the free to spellcaster, and its so unfair to the melee poison counterpart its not even funny. Make all those who want reflect free skill usage to actually INVEST for it, and for for fucks sake rework the double dipping mechanics that poison so greatly takes advantage of. The Consuming Dark's conversion would (should) probably go down (yes again) Implemented to 25% instead of the 50% that is now while the "Your Chaos damage poison" affix would be changed to "Your Chaos Damage has 25-50% chance to poison". Similar to that Bino's two poison related affixes would be changed to a fixed chance of 50-75% instead of 100% on kill but revert the old regeneration values since the change that was implemented really only gimps melee users. Voltaxic rift should also get a similar treatment, reduce the conversion to 60% Implemented, but make it so that chaos damage is added to the lighting damage formula for calculating shocks. Reflect safe and double dipping is OP, make people invest for them.

Spellcasting
GGG really tries to make non-crit spellcasters a thing too but god their tactics suck. Most recent examples are the Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus. Both gems give MORE damage, and while on theory they are for non-crit builds there is nothing that stops crit builds from using them increasing even more their potential power. Im personally testing them with a crit build in perandus league at the momement and they seem to increase my dpds and most importantly my clear speed better than crit focused gem should do. Controlled desctruction should read -1% to Critical Strike Chance plus 50% reduced critical strike chance and multiplier, and keep the same damage values. Elemental focus, god this gem is so broken, and ggg seems to give a lot of weight in elemental status ailments while they are not at all important if you are going for clear speed. While i agree that this gem can be used by weapon attackers as well the fact that its pure intelligence gem is way to dumb. Change Elemental Focus from pure intelligence gem to int/dex one. Keep the downside plus add : 10% increased mana cost of spells. Give some love to elemental attackers.

Spark
One of my favourites (way before it got outrageously buffed) and a simple example why GGG you have bad sense of balance and promote power creeping in every possible turn. For a better understanding read my suggestions for spark here first two post of the page. In short the reason spark was not played a lot before the 2.1 patch, was because it required a lot (a lot more than the average spell) investment, so a simple way to fix that was maybe give it 2 extra projectiles (a free lmp in other words), or a fix in its interaction with flying mobs, or a slight increase in its duration. No GGG went full retard on this one, (without taking into account the huge increases in damage and critical strike chance they implemented in 2.0, 76% increased dmg, 6%crit chance from 5%) giving the skill an additional 10% damage increased, plus adding 4 additional projectiles (free GMP) by level 17 (2 from start and 2 while the gems levels) I was playing spark before those changes and i played it again after the changes, HUGE difference, cause now its very strong without the need of investment. This should be rectified. Revert the crit chance to 5% and reduce the damage by 15-20%. Removing the additional projectiles would mean the instant death of the gem again so better keep that as it is. Spark was addressed in a very different yet effective way with 2.3. Obsolete suggestion.

Damage Conversion Melee
Conversion skills, especially the melee ones need some love. Give the players a chance to achieve better conversion rates. Make 3-point clusters specialized melee physical damage conversion, the fire themed between templar and marauder, the cold themed between duelst and ranger and the lightning themed betweed shadows and witches. Every cluster has the same values but with the corresponding elemental. 1) 5% of physical dmg converted to x elemental 2) 5% of physical dmg converted to x elemental 3) 15% of physical attack dmg converted to x elemental, -15% resistance of the x elemental.Implemented for cold with Winter Spirit cluster

Glacial Hammer
The love i had for this skill was unreal at some point in the past. With time and power creeping though it doesnt see even the minimal of play. Cold physical attack skills are the only gems that cant be 100% converted to the cold element, fire gems have the Avatar of Fire keystone and lighting skills have the Physical to Lighting gem (that also got a huge buff). The mechanic and theme is there but there is something missing. That something could be the shattering mechanic plus the conversion rate. What i believe is a right way to bring this gem back to the scene : The conversion rate should be higher, you want to freeze and to do that you need cold dmg, give the skill a higher conversion to like 60%, 75% or even 100% to make your freezes matter. Add another 1%chance to freeze per 4%quality while also keeping the current bonuses. Shatter mechanic, make it work with unique bosses but at a lower percentage of life 10%-15% will be perfect, a culling strike but one that requires the target to be frozen first to actually work. Comparing that to power siphon is not even close, and its a melee skill. The last suggestion again has to do with the shattering effect, what if the hit that shatters the target does its damage to an aoe around it? All together with the values i suggested will make the skill totally OP, but a compination of them or a sligtly reduction in the values while keeping the suggestions intact will surely make Clacial Hammer a strong melee skillImplemented with Winter Burial threshold jewel

Labyrinth Map
My opinion on the labyrinth and the gating of the AC points behind it is probably well known by now (if not see here), but here is a suggestion that im sure will please a lot of labyrinth lovers. Im not sure if it should be a unique or simple, probably unique to avoid really stupid combinations of mods, but a map with random layout, and random izaro stages every time would be nice. Since it is a map everyone would have 6chances, portals could be limited not to open inside izaro fights (neither on the plaza before), and offource no AC points. The map could be a drop from merci Izaro (like 50-75% chance he drops it), a possible orb of chance result on a chateau map (t10 lvl77), or a very rare drop from normal maps. The end reward except the treasure chests would be a higher lvl and more powerful enchantments Implemented. Endgame Labyrinth is basically that but without the extra portals.

10/04/2016
Investment
Its the new trend supported from GGG to that new skills should all be overpowered (fucking powercreeping). Not only their damage values are insane but their mechanics and design also seem to be not thought at all. What inspired me write this part was the Spark paragraph from part 6 mainly. What is the issue here you might ask, and ill gladly analyze it. Many new skills and some older ones that got reworked need absolutely no fucking investment except the very basic ones (wear a wand with cast speed/spell dmg, a 2h weapon with 450dps minimum etc). Take for example Spark, before the buff, in order to make spark work you had to, besides getting spell dmg and cast speed, invest on duration nodes (or rarely gem), projectile speed, lmp or gmp, pierce or fork (or chain), what does spark need after the buff ? Only fork or pierce (if you count ascendancy classes it doesnt need even that). In short the skill got insanely OP without thinking. Lets see pre-nerf bladefall : insane damage, insane dmg effectivness, very good cast speed, solid aoe (with quality giving aoe bonus), basically in order to have a decent bladefall build all you had to do was take damage nodes and cast speed nodes (in other words the basic stuff for spells). The game literally tries more and more to make the new skills as easy to use as possible, making so many skill obsolete cause they seem and feel just way too bad in comparison. What im actually suggesting here is for skills to work there should be an actual investment in the tree,gear,gems. Not just put everything with the higher dmg multiplier (aka pierce buff, controlled destruction, elemental focus etc). In order to make that happed GGG whould buff support gems that are not used at all, like knockback, stun, bloodlust(see part 3 of the thread), additional accuracy, blind, chance to flee,fork, chain etc. Simple upgrades as adding a secondary effect or putting a tiny bit of damage to a lot of these gems can make people consider some for using.

Eldritch Battery
It is true that the remake of AA and the rework of the node has somewhat made it very unused (at least compared to the previous state). Its still pretty ok but i think a simple buff can make it much more usable and worthy.What if when you took EB node your mana regen, or half of the mana regen applied to ES?

Discharge and CoC
I dont know where to begin with this. CoC was the first wave of serious power creeping in PoE, making self-casting almost every spell obsolete in the patch it was implemented. GGG nerfed it a bit but that is clearly not enough. The problem though is not in this gem alone but the kind of spells its allowed to cast, most notably Discharge. A specific combination of items make self-casting discharge seem like a joke notion. Why GGG still allows this to trivilize content is still beyond my grasp. Are they fine that some skills are only usable via triggers?Isnt that a bit of a issue?Buff or rework some obsolete spells, and make dicharge not be able to be cast in CoC setups, similar to the nerf to cwdt with totems/warcries interaction, or if you dont like that analogy similar to how some skills cannot be supported by certain support gems even if they otherwise should apply to them (spell echo to flameblast, multistrike on cyclone etc)2.4 adressed it

Cyclone
Well after repeatedly nerfing the skill patch after patch, they finally managed to bastardize its usage. Its a much better tool now to just proc criticals in CoC builds than it is for actual melee players. A fucking disgrace actually. Restore some of its values to pre-nerfed ones. Make Cyclone only usable with 2h Axes and Swords and/or remove the AoE tag from its description, now only the weapon you wield and increases to melee weapon range affect the range that you can hit.

Movement Skills
No need to explain this further, everyone who plays the game knows what this is about, and since GGG is aware of the situation this is more of a prediction than a suggestion.
Whirling Blades: restore the skill to 1.0 version
Leap Slam : restore the distance nerf
Flame Dash : add 2 more charges for a total of 5
Phase Run : base buff duration buffed to 2.5 or 3seconds
Lightning Warp : cast time reduced by 0.2seconds, remove the 0.1 hidden time, damage reduced to compensate
Shield Charge : cast time/animation reduced in half

Adding cooldowns in every movement skill could also work to bring some balance amongst them but might not be the best course of action

14/05/2016
Endurance Charges
First i need to talk about the support gem Endurance Charge on Melee Stun (ECoMS). The gem is beyond useless since the introduction of fortify. There is literally no reason to chose this gem for whatever reason. Fortify = 20% reduced hit dmg taken, ECoMS = 1endurance charge (4% physical dmg reduction) per attack THAT STUNS, not only it is worse both value wise (20>4) and utility wise (only physical vs all damage ) but it is also conditional. So here are some suggestions : I) Keep the gem as it is and add another line on it : 15 up to 35%(lvl20) more melee damage on stun Implemented - Gem now gives 4% more dmg per endurance charge
2)Make the gem grant you an endurance charge on EVERY MELEE HIT uncronditional
3)Remove multiplier, when linked to a non-trigger skill it grands +1 maximum endurance charge
4)A combination or something new that will make it a viable option for some builds

Endurance charge elemental resistance bonus is next to useless since a long time.What if every endurance charge gave 1% reduced elemental damage taken plus the current physical mitigation bonus, without the flat elemental resistance value ofcourse.

Punishment
Yes the curse. If find it extremely weird that it behaves completely different than the rest of the curses, and it happens to be a curse that helps melee, that to activate and give the bonus actually requires for the melee people to get hit first. I dont know why is it made like that but it is a really fucked up design that only gimps melee (!) in so many ways that its truly a wonder why it hasnt been changed. It should be the melee counterpart of Projectile weakness. Punishment description should be : Cursed enemies take 15-25% more melee damage (yeah give elemental melee attackers some love for fucks shake), Cursed enemies have 10% up to 30% less armour and evasion rating, Cursed enemies have 10 up to 15 lower block/spellblock and dodge/spelldodge chance (flat numbers substracted from the enemies' max value)

Kaoms Heart
Its no secret that GGG nerfed that unique because 90% of the ranged characters where using it, forfeiting life nodes on the tree and went full retard with damage. It wasnt even as good for melee at the time who were struggling with so many other problems.Bring back the old version of Kaom's Heart (1000 flat life), but add another line/restriction : can only deal melee damage

Tormented Spirits
It may be the case that AI is a very hard thing to work on and thats why tormented spirits suck such big time. If they are not able to recognize simple patterns and stuck everytime on a ledge while 3 feet away there is a stair then something is wrong. Add an ability to tormented spirits that allows them to become flying units when they are 15 units from a possessable target. Simple and an effective way to solve their horribly stupid AI.

Vendor Recipe
I might be the only one that is annoyed by this but ill suggest it cause i like efficiency. When you vendor a 6s item you get 7jeweller orbs. Sometimes it happens that this 6s is also 3lRGB, still though the vendor gives you only 7jewellers and you forfeit that chromatic (i know its not anything but as i said it feels somewhat peculiar.So what i suggest is that everytime you vendor an item you get all the possible currency from it, so if you vendor a 6l, RGB item the vendor will give you : 1 divine (from 6l) 7jewellers(from 6s) 1chromatic (from RGB), and whatever alteration and alchemy shards the item would cost normally. This has the added benefit of helping self-found playstyle, even if its not so popular, it would be a nice thing to have

MTX
A purely QoL issue, that will make many players happy. Some of those things shouldnt even be mentioned to be honest, they should have been in the game from day one.I)Let us be able to sort mtx and hideout decorations as we wish. II) Add a reclaim all MTX button that does exactly that, with the exception of reclaiming skin transfers 3.0 Adressed it

Ignore List
Another outdated part of the game, that could be way more useful. I)Make the ignore list have unlimited spots or at least make it so that we can have multiple ignore lists II) Allow us to add a short note everytime we ignore someone /ignore_"name"_"reason" III)Add new command : /stats_ignore_"name", this command allows us to see why we ignored someone (the reason above) plus a date when the ignore happened. IV)Add a new command :/clear_ignore_"name", so that we dont have to clear the whole fucking thing everytime we want to clear just one name/account.

Command
We currently have the /played command that shows how many hours a specific character has. I believe it would be quite a nice feature if we could have a new command /totalplayed that shows how many hours we have spend on the specific ACCOUNT counting all characters (races/pvp etc all included)

Statistics/Forum Reform
Yeah simple things that will give a new breath and feeling into the game. Add statistics about past/deleted characters in our account/personal/character page -> lvl, class, league created/deleted (no events/races included)

P.S. Why the fuck pure melee cyclone feels so bad?

23/05/2016
Forsaken Masters
Its been asked a lot in the past, having to dismiss/invite Masters who are level 8 already just to do the daily/refresh their inventory is annoying as hell.After you get 2 masters at level 8 allow every 8lvl master including those two and afterwards to not count towards the max number of masters you are allowed to have in your HO(similar to how Leo works atm)Implemented

MTX
A continuation of the previous suggestion. MTX tabs are as bad as they can be, besides allowing us to short them as we want as i suggested befero please consider implementing : A reclaim boots/body armour/gem/portal/pet/gloves/helmet/amulet/ring/shield/weapon effect button. Without including skin transfers. Its a simple polish update/micromanagement issue fix that will go a long way with players.3.0 Adressed it

Volatile Blood
A mechanic that punishes melee! Yes the worst possible way to piss on the already bad-spot melee. Its time it was reworked in order to be equally punishing for every build. Rework volatile blood (name can remain the same or change to "last will" or something so that people do not get confused). It now deals aoe damage to the player/entity that dealt the killing blow with much lower value ofcourse. There is absolutely no reason why melee always have to be punished while ranged have it easy every time.Who knew how similar the 3.0 solution would be to that

Elemental Hit
Yeap, thats a skill many of you dont even know it exists, and rightly so, its in such a bad spot since the begining of PoE. A simple rework could make it even OP (lol). Rework elemental hit in a way that the elemental type used is never the same back to back. Meaning that if a hit was imbued with fire damage, the next one would never be fire. It could be even be made to cycle in a regular way : fire->lighting->cold or whatever. Seriously both reworks would make the skill shine a bit because it would be usable with EE at least.Implemented - Now it will avoid choosing the same element twice in a row.

Summon Clone
A skill that summons a player's clone. The clone has the items the player summoned him has, the skills that the player has equipped, takes 200% increased damage from all sources, and deals 50% of the players damage. Same base life and stats. It has 2 minutes cooldown 10seconds base duration. Numbers of course can be changed.Implemented - Its now a skill on the item The Saviour

Ascendancies
Chieftain
-Ngamahu, Flame's Advance -> Stays as it is and gains "cannot be ignited"
-Merge Ramako and Hinekora -> 1% of fire damage leeched as fire, 10% fire penetration, 0.5% regen per endurance charge, 10% chance to gain EC when you or your totems kill a burning enemy.
-Add a new 2 point path : Small node -> 2% reduced mana reserved and 0.5% life regen Keystone -> 5% reduced mana reserved, 5% increased buff effect, 5% increased aoe and Blood Magic allows you to reserve one aura at no cost

Ascendant
-Berseker-> Reduce life leech to 1%Implemented
-Deadeye -> Reduce Pierce chance to 30-35%Implemented -> Reduce projectile speed to 10% ->Projectiles deal up to 15% increased damage the further they travel

Slayer
-Impact -> The first line stays the same + add the actual radious of that ability
-> 30-35% less damage to surrounding enemies -> 15% increased aoe remains the same
-Brutal Fervor -> 10% More damage while leeching
-Endless Hunger -> Stays as it is plus your total life leech percentage is counted as a more damage multiplier.

Champion
-Fortitude->You have Fortify, You can only deal Melee damage

EDIT : Updated OP gathered and organized all suggestions by date, marked the implemented ones.
Last Update : 29/08/2017
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Feb 15, 2021, 12:17:21 AM
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2017, 2:41:10 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
06/07/2016

Enchant System
It is no secret that the enchants while they are very powerful modifications for items are way too random to actually be of any use for the average player, thaybt is ofcourse for the helmet enchants. Its been asked many times to implement a way to make the outcome less random so here are two suggestions
1)Active skill gems in the helmet before you enchant it give a base 20% chance for the enchantment to be of that active skill gem. Putting more active skill gems in the helmet does not stack and only one provides the base 20% chance

2)Every enchantment you get is stored account wise in the enchant worktable. So after farming for enchants you can choose yourself which one you want to put on an item if you previously had the luck to get that said enchantment. Using that mechanic though instead of a random enchant makes the item not tradable. Ofcourse you can still choose to get the random one or if you are interested only for your characters and want a specific one get it via the aforementioned way rendering the item non-tradable (like pvp only premade characters' items) in the process.

Grace Period
Its also not a secret that performance issues torture the game since beta. There are countless posts saying how certain areas cause trouble when loading them, and so many others complaining how they died while they were still at their loading screen while on the server they are already inside the area. Its also not a secret that certain builds(most notably summoners) use the grace period to their advantage aka exploit the mechanic itself to kill bosses without any danger. And here is the easy solution to both matters : I) The grace period when and where it applies instead of a fixed time it lasts indefinately until the player issues a command

II) During the grace everything owned by the player (minions totems, traps, mines, whatever) are also in grace period

Vendor Recipies
Besides the improvement mentioned in the previous posts and the ones that GGG already implemented there are still some problems with it. For example certain combination of items instead of giving you the better currency downgrade the outcome. For example when you do the UNID chaos recipie (2chaos for a set of unidentified items) and then you put ilvl60+ items on the trade window the outcome instead of 2c + whatever else the items count for is downgraded to 1c + whatever the items are worth. Another example is with GCP recipie (vendoring quality gems for a total of 40%quality = 1gcp). If you put for example total 120% quality gems the vendor does not give you 3gcps but 2 and 1scroll of wisdom, something messes up the whole process. Another example ive also observed is with alchemy shards. If for example the outcome of your items is 10alchemy shards and then you put an item that creates a chance orb the vendor gives you a chance orb instead of the alchemy shards which are clearly more valuable (even 5alchemy shards>1chance orb). So my suggestion is simple GGG should fix the aforementioned interactions as well as checking for others and fix them (im sure they are there)

Colour Blind Tools
Colour vision deficiency is an issue that affects close to 10% of male population worldwide. There have been many posts in the past requesting some improvment on the matter from your side GGG, to let those people enjoy the game in a way they can. I understand it might be costly and not worth the time/trouble for you but i believe there is a simple and easy solution.Allow third party tools that modify only the colouring to be usable from people that are colour blind. OR in a way similar to loot filters publish the code needed to change the game's colouring pattern so that people interested in the matter can take it in their hands.

Premium Stash Tabs
Ill be short, i know they already have a purpose but it would really be awesome if they had another one. You can make notes on the items inside the premium stash tabs without requiring the stash tab to be set to public. Or if you want everyone to have that option allow every item in stash be able to receive notes.

Animate Guardian
Thats something that has been in my mind for quite a while. While animate guardian is a very cool concept, the actual way it behaves restricts many of us using it and specializing in it. What if there was a cluster between templar witch and scion that had some generic minion nodes or even specific to animate guardian and then the keystone read : "Animate guardian cannot die, instead on death it is paused for 15seconds. Paused means cannot attack/be attacked/and every buff it gives is removed. After those 15 seconds it continues acting as normal on full HP"

Prophecies
Last but not least i would like to speak about the prophecy league and mechanic. While for a league its not really memorable, as a mechanic it fits just fine as an addition to the core game. Its not forced to any player unless they aactually chase to do it. So here it comes:
1) Implement the prophecy mechanic and Navali into the core game after the league ends.Implemented
2) Keep the silver coin drop rate the same Implemented
3) Rework the cost of sealing propheciesImplemented, make it that every prophecy costs 1/2/4 (normal/cruel/merci) coins to seal no matter what.
4) Allow us to add sealed prophecies into the map device. Doing so procs up to 3 prophecies for said map or you can simply limit this to 1

28/07/2016
Iron Grip
Something thats been bothering me for a long time.

Iron Grip Keystone : The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks.

The way its written one can easily misunderstand it for : the %dmg increase is applied to projectiles and melee attacks meaning elemental to.

The physical damage increase from strength is a property strength has, using that on the description does not explicitly specifies that only physical portion of said attacks work with it. Having "as well as melee attack" on top of that description only makes things worse since i still believe that the way this is worded the %dmg increase from strength with Iron Grip allocated should work with : melee physical attacks, melee elemental attacks, melee chaos attacks, melee attacks ALL, projectile physical attacks, projectile elemental attacks, projectile chaos attacks, projectile attacks ALL.

Dont get me wrong i know it doesnt work that way BUT the wording implies that it does.

So it should change to work the way above i described OR the wording should change to :

Iron Grip - The melee physical damage increase from strength also applies to projectile physical attacks. (its also smaller text and no ambiguous at all).

Navali
The following applies only if prophecy in general as a mechanic stays in the game or even a possible way for it to remain.

Make Navali a Forsaken MasterImplemented, that does not count towards the limit (like leo) when we invite her. Her daily mission could be an area that 3 random prophecies proc in the same time, and your goal is to fullfil them rewarding you in the end with coins + reputation. Her inventory could have sealed prophecies, or random divination cards for sale plus coins or something similar. She or her bench allow us to complete divination card sets (instead of giving them to Tasuni in a4), and allow us to use specific prophecies directly on maps.

Map Device
Mostly a QoL feature. Add a close map option on the map device so we can close the remaining portals

Item Stats
Another quality of life suggestion but with a much much bigger effect. Currently there is a problem where certain modifiers oon items (especially unique ones) could apply local or global. While there is a rule from GGG's side where/how those modifiers work its very often the case that they just make player's life harder, and i mean frustrating harder and sad. There are still ongoing cases of people asking if "x" affix is local or "y" affix is global etc. While its pretty easy for experienced players to understand when something is local/global, for new players its a infuriating pain in the ass to do so. Not only that but certain mods already have the "global" besides them to make it easier to understand.

So why not make that for every single thing? Please seriously consider adding a simple local/global word besides affixes in all items (yes even rare items)Implemented - Presing ALT while cursor on an item does that

Hybrid Items
I love itemization in PoE, but since i can remember i never liked the hybrid gear because of certain limitations and irregularities it has. The following is an attempt to to make hybrid gear more desirable in a much larger scale. A pure evasion chest can roll : life, +flat evasion + %evasion + 3 resists, a ES chest can roll : flat es + %ES + %hybrid ES/stun recovery +3 resists. A hybrid ev/es though cannot roll a flat ev/es hybrid mod and that in my opinion is what keeps those items widely underused.

So what im suggesting is to add new affixes for hybrid only gear that add flat hybrid values aka affixes like : 180armour + 180 evasion, 220 evasion + 75es, 120 armour + 40es etc. Im sure it would make those items much more customizable and more widely used.The new mods where in the same direction as the suggestion but only focused around life. This can definitely be ingame

13/09/2016
Pathfinder
Its not a secret that since the release of ascendancies Pathfinder was deemed one of the strongest classes. In the start it just didnt have the analogous popularity compared to its power level. Its also a class that keeps getting stronger and stronger with each new unique (or even normal) flask added into the game. Basically as it is now, even a non-crit Pathfinder can have literally no downtime on the flask usage/buffs. Not only this defeats the purpose of initial flask design of beeing powerful but short lived but on top of that she makes them EVEN STRONGER and basically a permanent buff. Sound familiar maybe? A similar concept was Champions fortify nodes, that made fortify permanent AND granted increased effect making the fortify even stronger.

So what needs to be done? COMPLETELY remove every single "increased effect of flask" from Pathfinder similar to how every "increased fortify effect was removed from Champion" and replace it with "increased life and mana recovery". Also reduced the "increased flask effect duration" nodes from 8% to 4%. Simple fixes to the most OP class atm

Navali
Part of previous suggestions were indeed implemented but there is something more that can be done. Also mentioning the other parts that werent implemented but could easily make her a very fun AND useful master.

1)After freeing Navali, we should be awarded with a completely random prophecy, maybe even put 2-3 rares to protect her before being able to free her or make the unique archer her guardian and have him drop a guaranteed coin the first time you kill him.
2)Allow us to add sealed prophecies into the map device. Doing so procs up to 3 prophecies for said map or you can simply limit this to 1
3)Her daily mission could be an area that 3 random prophecies proc in the same time, and your goal is to fullfil them rewarding you in the end with coins + reputation.
4)Her inventory could have sealed prophecies and/or random divination cards for sale. Starting at low levels the sealed prophecies are the very common ones. As she gains level to the max 8 she can have a chance to sell very rare sealed prophecies. Cost of those sealed prophecies should thoroughly thought and can be in alchemies and chaos and exalts
5)She or her bench allow us to complete divination card sets Implemented (instead of giving them to Tasuni in act4, and allow us to use specific prophecies directly on maps.

Act 4 Areas
Thats something that just pains me every time i go through it. Kaom's path and The Mines are too long for no apparent reason. Especially Kaom's area feels like Lunaris before it was merged to two levels.
They should have one less area.Implemented

Polish, Alt and Item Info
Pressing alt currently shows the item level of the item on the cursor. This "press alt for more info" mechanic is a great way to finally help your players understand what the fuck is going on with many aspects of the game.(no offense). The game is wonderful and requires a lot of thinking and planning but sometimes its just too complicated for literally no apparent reason. Its just like part of the difficulty is the lack of information which imo is a very bad design.

So what am i suggesting. Pressing alt while hovering over any item, gives some additional info when this is required.Implemented
1)Pressing alt when cursor is on a unique item, show more info about the affixes. For example if a conditional affix is local or global, if that "increased physical damage" is local or global. If the unique has Onslaught for example pressing alt will show what onslaught is etc.Implemented
2)Pressing alt when the cursors is on a gem, could show the next lvl value or gem specific mechanics, like actual aoe of aoe tagged skills, their individual aoes (firestorm, earthquake etc), projectile speed (spark), chance to freeze (freezing pulse), base attack/life values for summons etc.Implemented
3)Pressing alt on rare items could show the rolls. Like if that %armour and the %stun recovery is one hybrid or two different affixes. Or on the weapon if that %increased physical and the +accuracy is a hybrid affix or two different affixes. Or how many and what kind of affixes it has open etc.
Implemented
Basically if GGG could implent PoEItem Info script on the core game (with way more info since it would be by the company that knows better the game) when you press alt would be the optimal solution.
Implemented

Frost Wall
A niche skill with limited usage. Dont get me wrong the rework was justified and totally expected and well deserved, but the skill STILL DOESNT work as it should.

Make it work like an actual obstacle. Projectiles cant pass trough it. Multiple frost walls have no extra effect unless they are put next to each other in which case they increase the size of the wall (no pierce shenannigans). Shieldcharge, whirling blades cant pass through it, other movement skills can.

Blade Vortex
Another example why GGG is bad at balance. The changes were meant as a nerf but guess what "this is a buff". Not only the damage values were insanely buffed but because the max stacks were reduced, people could focus more on damage not at all at cast speed meaning the total new values of dps would reach even higher levels.

Change the 63% MORE damage buff at lvl 20 to 10% more at that level. Raise the max stacks to 25-30.

Atlas
The following part is quite long and tickles a few different "issues". Thats why its divided in sections.
Zana Missions
There is literally no reason why some of her missions work that way (especially unique maps). I can understand that the normal maps might not be "difficult" depending on the mods or not even consider as rare for the purpose of unlocking them BUT the following are simple changes that will greatly help everyone since its rather confusing completing maps but not getting them in the atlas.

Unique maps: If they happen to be equal or higher level than the unique map is on the atlas, her map still counts for unlocking the map bonus AND getting the shaper's orb in case there is one in the specific map.
Other maps : If the map offered is equal or higher level than the map in the atlas killing the boss counts for unlocking said map on the atlas. Not the bonus or the shaper's orb, but the map as a possible drop. Like the map is discovered in the atlas but the bonus and the shaper's orb still need to be completed with the map's special requirements (magic, yellow, corrupted yellow etc)Implemented

Sextants
Before the expansion release people (including me) were very hyped about these items. Consumables that would give the map extra properties making it more difficult, more enjoyable, more profitable or even a compination of all of them. The truth though is far from the expectations, and thats due to some different factors. First of all the boni offered from the sextants are offen negligible, on top of that sextants even AFTER the drop rate buff are still very rare to find them and finally the few of them that have very punishing effects on the map are not rewarding at all. Some extra polish wont hurt either. Having said that here is the suggestions :

1)Since sextants dont add additional rarity/quantity they should be way more common. Chrome/alchemy/chaos rarity for white/yellow/red ones.
2)If 1 is not possible or not preferable, then slightly buff their drop rate (lets say 10-15%) and make them actually affect the rarity/quantity. Either flat amounts that are additive to the map's total boni or a 5% more effect on the map's boni. So at max a map affected by 5 would have its quantity/rarity multiplied by 1,25. Something similar was implemented
3)Make sextant affixes appear with a lighter blue/teal colour inside maps or in atlas (similar to the master crafted mods on items)Implemented . When a map is un-intedified and affected by sextant mods, said mods should still be showing.(after all you can just open the atlas and see them).
4)Sextants should have their aoe displayed before using them and highlighting which maps they will affect.Implemented

Map Drops and Affixes/Mods
Affixes are a part of the map system that is very crucial and fun to play with/around it but so fundamentally wrong. It incentivizes to roll easy or easily countered mods to have as high pack size and quantity as possible. What does that do? Makes practically insanely hard maps to have pathetic pack size/quantity/rarity values resulting in less map drops, and some other compinations of very easily counterable mods to have insane boni resulting in a much easier map with theoritically way more map drops.

Make EVERY map affix mod to have innate pack size/quantity/rarity values. The values would vary from mod to mod, but should be there in every single one of them. Implemented

For example seawitches could give 1%/3%/2%, reflect 5%/5%/5%, ground effects 3%/1%/1% (for the extra fps issues they cause), goatmen 2%/2%/2%, humanoinds 2%/4%/4%, double boss 5%/5%/10%, extra dmg of an element 5%/10%/5%, extra crit chance/multi 10%/10%/10%, less crit dmg received 5%/1%/1%, extra life/cannot be stunned 5%/5%/5%. Nemesis/bloodlines 2%/10%/10%.
(etc, values can change as you GGG see fit). Some boni might seem small, but in larger numbers they can really add up. It will incentivize people to run harder maps too.

On top of that also some rework on the existing one should be done too. For example temporal chains or -max res heavily affect how one can clear a map. Mods should be categorized to how much they affect players and give a pack size bonus that fits to that difficulty spike.

For example -max res affectes LITERALLY everyone, you cant ignore it, so it should give for example 20% pack size (maximum difficulty modifier for pack size).

In the same pattern, Blood Magic, also affects everyone but people who already using it they get a free affix, so while the effect is big the fact that can be free affix for some players should make the pack size 10% or 12% or whatever. Elemental weakness, since it can be overgeared can be set to 7%-10% pack size etc.

With similar logic mods that have very small effect should have the minimum 1% pack size. But the pack size should always be there. As it is now some mods heavily punish players and dont properly reward them for running them.

For example a 6mod map : Goatmen 2%, Extra Totems 3%, Movement/cast/attack speed 6%, Vulnerability 14%, -max res 16%, Double Boss 5% = 46% pack size for a map that is quite lethal, but the pack size fits the risk for running it.

Ofcourse numbers can be tweaked but please seriously consider making changes that polish and perfect the map system.

Atlas Effects and Bonus
The current system while in theory can have some serious effect on map drops, its still lacking and based on heavy RNG. Personally i have the bonus at 120% and im still getting tier 3-5-9 on t14+ maps (rare/corrupted 100%+ quantity bonus). There is room for improvent and consistency and the following rework is focused on that.

1) White maps grant 1% bonus quantity for white maps to drop

Completing ALL WHITE (magic or rare rolled) maps grants a 10% base extra bonus for bosses (of all tiers) to drop maps. Minimum tier of maps that bosses can drop changed to -6 (affects all maps). If a map lower that that was gonna drop, its upgraded to current's map level -6

2) Yellow maps grant 1% bonus quantity for yellow maps to drop

Completing ALL YELLOW (rare rolled) maps grants a 15% base extra bonus for bosses to drop maps (stacking with the previous 10%). Minimum tier of maps that bosses can drop changed to -5 (affects all maps). If a map lower that that was gonna drop, its upgraded to current's map level -5

3) Red maps grant 1% bonus quantity for red maps to drop

Completing ALL RED (corrupted rare rolled) maps grants a 20% base extra bonus (stacking with the previous two and ofcourse with the base chance to drop maps the bosses have now) This will raise the flat 20% chance to drop an additional map the bosses have now to a total of 65% AFTER you finish all maps (except uniques). Minimum tier of maps that bosses can drop changed to -4 (affects all maps). If a map lower that that was gonna drop, its upgraded to current's map level -4

4) Completing ALL UNIQUE maps on atlas grants 10% pack size and 30% rarity bonus to ALL maps.

Other changes

Exiles and Invasion bosses have a flat 5% base chance to drop maps (unaffected by any modifier). Max level +1 from the current tier

Unique Beyond demons have 15% base chance to drop maps (unaffected by any modifier), with max lvl +2.

Another incentive for people to kill constantly ALL bosses and complete ALL maps.

This rework also opens room for atlas visual improvements, like adding a memorantum on the bottom left corner explaining things, like what bonus you have, which maps you prefer running, whic map you have run the least times, which maps you have completed/got the shaper's orb, map gains/returns, etc. Definately another interesting aspect that you can work with.

Atlas progression, awakening level, and even the recent skill tree adressed this

02/01/2017
Pugilist Viridian Jewel
Like most unique jewels currently in the game this too is way below average in terms of power and usability. Remove either of the two damage effects and replaace it with something that syenergizes with the one that remained. Example : If the 1% unarmed melee physical damage was to remain then remove the 1% claw physical and put 1-2flat physical damage per 9 dexterity inside the radius or something appropriate.

Wording
Ive been pretty adamant on that issue since i see no real downside and on the contrast it will be really helpfull for both new players but veterans too. Look for examble Starkonja's Head mod "50% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life". See that "Global" it sure is nice to now that the mod works like this. Now look Scaeva's mod "(60-80)% increased Critical Strike Chance when in Main Hand", do you know that this is considered global too and when it originally came out it was working as local and thus being a bug that was later fixed? But even when you look at it now, someone who doesnt know the history or is new to the game will still think that this mod raises the base critical chance of the weapon, which ISNT the case.

So my suggestion for the nth time : Please add a local or global word to anything affecting an item being it unique or rare (especially since essence crafting). This can be easily implemented with the ALT function while hovering over items. So in the case of scaeva for example pressing alt while hovering over the item will show a (global modifier) next to the aforementioned mod.

Fortify and other melee issues
Another suggestion i might have mentioned on the past. Fortify is a completely mandatory gem especially for Hardcore environment. What that means is that melee players are forced to lose damage clear speed in order to get the mandatory defence that was the indented FIX by GGG for melee players. It clearly doesnt feel that way and more of a bonus to people using whirling blades and nothing more. You must understand that fortify as a gem doesnt solve anything melee related and only makes melee players lose other gem benefits to get what is supposed to be an basic advantage melee should have YEARS ago.

So what i want to say : Remove fortify as a gem, but leave the fortify buff as a mechanic. Give it to all melee skills -cyclone included but every other movement skill exluded- OR rework existing melee weapon/damage or life/armour nodes in the tree to give %chance to gain Fortify on kill/hit/getting hit/getting an endurance charge etc that can be easily be stacked with not additional investment.

Since either of the aforementioned suggestions will render Champions node Fortitude (almost) obsolete, bring back the fortify effectiveness bonus he had or add new interaction with fortify. (if you arent touching pathifinder's flask effect and duration nodes -see Sept 13 post above- i see no reason why champion cant have what he used too

On top of that give more fortify clusters (effectiveness/duration/other boni when fortified etc) as well physical mitigation nodes -like soul of steel - in the tree near marauder/templar/duelist

Change fortify's : % increased Melee Physical Damage mod to % increased Melee Damage

Make life nodes on the "melee" side of the tree more EFFECTIVE.

Give evasion, the ability to work VS physical spells/abilities that stacks multiplicatively with spell dodge for those spells only. That alone would be a huge buff to evasion based melee characters.

Reworked and new currency
Want to talk about blessed orbs. They must be the least used currency currently in the game since their use range is so narrow. There is a specific market that could use some extra utility and blessed orb could offer that little extra.

Blessed orbs beside their current use also gain a new one : Remove enchants and restore the previous implicit (if there was one) on the item. Using it again will have the same effect it has now (modify implicit values).

On top of that i would like to suggest a new form of currency that adresses some of the enchanting system problem : Transition Orb. Rarity same as divines. Left click to use and copy this item's enchant. Doing so removes the enchant from the item and its absorbed by the transition orb as an imprimt. Using transition orb on an item WITHOUT enchant will bestow the enchant that was taken from the previous one and destroy the transition orb in the process.(wording ofcourse should probably change to depict better its use). Transition orb imprints state what enchant is on them. Players can freely trade transition orbs and their imprints.

A suggestion that adds another layer of interaction and mechanics, something i know we all love! If both suggestions were to be implemented we could have a nice solution or workaround the current system were enchants are immovable and highly un-interactable (if this is even a word).

Jewels
Simple as that : Make essences have an effect on jewels too. Numbers and effects up to you, it can be toned down current effects affecting other jewellery or completely new ones.

Immortal Flesh
Yes this again, ive been trying to figure out an item with such a harsh downside since the original -10max affix. When i heard it was changing i was so glad only to be disapointed again that the -10% max resists afix was simply reduced to -5% max. That still doenst make the item usable ESPECIALLY in HC environment. And thus the following suggestion that so many times ive done in the past too.

Remove the -5% max elemental resistance affix from Immortal Flesh. Instead put -30% to all elemental resists. Its still a harsh downside (almost as hard as moving from cruel to merciless). Everything else remains the same. ImplementedAt least that way players can find a way to use it effectively. Now even with +max res gear you are losing WAY TOO MUCH for what you get.

New skill: Forked Lightning
Remember the warcraft 3 skill ? Yes thats what i want to see in PoE.

Forked lightning : Spell, Lightning

Release lightning from your fingers to nearby targets. If you shock them the lighting chains to nearby targets while dealing 20% less damage. It can chain a second time (if it shocks like before) dealing 20%less damage from the previous chain.

It hits 3 targets at lvl 1 up to 8 at lvl 20 (9 at lvl 21)
Cannot CRIT (critical chance 0%, Assassin's node or adding critical strike chance gem has no effect)
Has innate 5% chance to shock enemies that hits
1% quality gives 0.5% chance to shock
Targeting is automatic, it targets the nearest enemies (prioritizing them instead of destructibles/barrells etc)
Using chain support works as with the innate chains it has. In order for the lighting to chain the target it has to chain from must be shocked and the chain does 20% less, the next 20% less etc.

Breaches/Breachlords
You can see a better analysis for what im suggesting here

1) Make every single area have at least one breach. Like 1 is guaranteed. If you are afraid that people will cheese small areas, make it so that this rule applies to MAPS ONLY. There is literally no reason for such a frustrating experience.

2) Find a way to make it so that breach mobs dont cause such huge amounts of fps drops. Maybe preload them when loading an area could help? Or make the same thing you did with the strongboxes.

3) When a breachlord appears add those two things :

-Each boss says a line fitting his element/personality.
-A red circle appears on the map targeting the breachlord, similar to how some Zana's quests have a red marker for bosses or exiles etc.

4) Allow clasped hands to remain and be interactable even after a breach closes. Having to click on chests while fighting with a bunch of demons not only is a bad design but counter-intuitive to what breaches are. Not only this but this will allow players to focus on the fighting and even fix somewhat the scenarios were a huge obstacle blocks any kind of breach interaction/proper clear

Zana's Perandus Map Mod
You can see a better analysis for what im suggesting here

1)Improve the perforamnce issues perandus mobs still cause.

2)Add 2 more perandus boxes for a total of 5 per map.

3)And/Or reduce the cost to 3c.

4)Raise the chance for every other kind of perandus box except perandus chest to appear

01/03/2017

Categorization
Area is inhabited by Abominations.... Area is inhabited by Humanoids... Area is inhabited by Demons... Area is inhabited by Animals.... Still when we see the monsters there is no tag or description on the monsters' names. Its frustrating and not at all friendly for new users but veterans too. After all these years and i personally dont remember exactly which are the demons and which are the abominations, because when encountering said monsters before maps there is no tag to help us know. So what i want to suggest is categorize all the monsters in the game and then add the relevant tag under their name. Implemented Take for example Goatmen, they are a monster type but they also appear on the map mod :area is inhabited by animals. So that makes them Both Goatmen AND Animals, two tags under their name. The skeletons, appear both in area inhabited by skeletons AND undead, so two tags under every skeletal monster's name Undead + Skeleton. This can serve many goals. First (and most important for me) will help players (especially newer ones) categorize the monsters and remember which is what. Second, can help you the devs to create certain abilities/skills/passives/traits that apply to certain groups, for example : Skeleton - 10% less damage taken by physical projectile attacks, Animal - spots players at 20% larger distance (due to scent, vision etc), Undead - 10% less cold damage taken/5% incraesed fire damage taken etc. Its certainly fun and adds depth to the game. And third and last, it opens up design space for new uniques and passive nodes etc, for example : Deal 20% more damage vs Abominations, or 5% less damage taken by animals etc

Voice chat
Online game, friends, communication, competitive racing and pvp, twitch, streaming. Plain and simple we can use a ingame voice chat

Zana
Zana is the cartographer, but she doesnt sell sextants, and even her chisel ration is horrendous. Make it so that she sells 20chisels for 8c Implemented , and add sextants to her inventory, level 2 Apprentice Cartographer's Sextant, level 5 Journeyman Cartographer's Sextant, level 8 Master Cartographer's Sextant (levels could be 3/5/7 or whatever)

New/Reworked Support Gems
Innervate, Ice bite, Hypothermia, Inc Burning Damage, Chance to Ignite, all are supports and fight tooth and nail to find some spot in the current game. Some of them are better and more commonly used than the others but can still see some improvements while on the other hand the rest im pretty sure are rarely (if ever at all) used

1) Merge Chance to Ignite + Increased burning damage to one gem, level 20 reads : 19% more burning damage, 39% chance to ignite - per 1% quality bonus 0,5% increased Burning Damage

or

2) Leave inc burning damage as is, and just add another line to Chance to Ignite that reads : 10% chance to gain an endurance charge upon igniting an enemy (max 1 EC every 2sec)

3) Add another line to Innervate : 10% chance to gain a power charge upon shocking an enemy (max 1 PC every 2sec)

or

4) Create a new gem that reads at level 20 : 69% increased shock duration, 10% chance to shock, 10% chance to gain a power charge upon shocking an enemy (max 1 PC every 2sec)

5) Ice bite changes to : gain a frenzy charge upon killing a frozen enemy (can only get 1 frenzy per skill cast), 15% chance to freeze, 5% more cold damage if you deal only cold damage.

6) Hypothermia level 20 : 39% more damage vs frozen enemies, 20% chance to freeze chilled enemies, 10% chance to gain a frennzy charge upon freezing an enemy (max 1 FC every 2sec)

7) A new support gem that reads : If you deal only cold damage, your hits ALWAYS chill, and then modifies the chill. Levels grant fixed chill time (your chills always last the time listed) level 1 for 1sec, level 20 for 2sec

or

8) Merge some of the suggestion for the cold based supports into one
Many of these gems were addressed in 3.0 in a different way

New Keystones/Reworked Old ones
The skill tree was and still is major reason why i like the game so much, so its only natural that many ideas come regarding it. For starters i will suggest some tweaks in existing Keystones and then Suggest completely new ones.

Iron Reflexes - Keep it as is, add a new line - either i)Strength requirements for items can be met with dexterity or ii) Dexterity requirments for items can be met with strength, whichever makes more sense (or both, why not)

Acrobatic Awareness (new keystone) - Half your Evasion percentage also applies to spells inside your light radious. 15% Increased Light radious - position near Arrow dancing (old ondar's guile) a bit to the left towards duelist.

Steelborn (new keystone) - Deal no elemental damage. 30% more physical damage - position in the general marauder area or even between marauder and duelist, like near iron grip.Implemented - Brutality gem

Jack of all Trades (new keystone) - Every 10 Strength grants 2% increased critical strike multiplier instead of 2% increased melee physical damage. Every 10 Dexterity grants 2% critical strike chance instead of 2% evasion. Every 10 Intelligence grants 2% spell damage instead of energy shield. (or they can be changed to affect the life/accuracy rating/mana respectively) - position near scion

Trade
Ohhh trade improvements, must be the most asked thing in the forum since desync was fixed. The following suggestion is an elaborate idea to help alleviate some pressure. Its quite sophisticated and could also prove tiresom or might not be at all worth the time needed to be implemented but it has its purpose nevertheless. What it will try to solve is the problem we players often encounter when for example we are playing the challenge leagues and someone asks for an item on permanent leagues, or we are in a map but dont want to use portal/dont have other, or when people running the lab want to trade. So here it is:

Upon reaching the medium hideout tier in a league, we are able to create a character that acts as the host to our hideout. Its player controlled, but cant leave the hideout neither move freely, in that regard he is like another forsaken master, but he/she does not take a spot (like leo and navali) does not have an inventory and does not have daily missions.

When a player sents you a message for a trade you as the player have the option to switch to the Host character you made, without leaving your current position with the regular character. Upon switching you can access the stash and only trade with others players. While you switched mode from normal to Host the other character is where he was left. Now there are three ways your normal character's state could be : either a grace period for as long as you choose to switch again back, a freeze mechanic similar to how the shaper appears some times in maps and everything freezes, or simply your nomral character is just standing there.

The switch could be achieved with either a command /switch_host and /switch_normal, or an option near the other options of the game.

On top of that the host's space/inventory is that of 1 PREMIUM TAB with all the properties premium tabs currently have, but this tab has an extra feature and its unique to the host character ONLY. Buyers can buyout the items in that tab without you the player being there, or making a party or anything else. A buyer can visit your hideout at any moment without partty invites or trade requests, cannot join any portal you made, and cannot interact with any other master you might have. These items can be limited to maps, frags, essence, currency only or no limits at all.

When a buyer interacts with the host, a message could be sent to the player you or not, thigs like that could be part of a large pool of options.

(i might update/refine this idea from time to time)

20/5/2017

Leaguestones
Its not a secret that people love those items. Modifying your experience as you see fit gives a new kind of power to the player and makes the game more interesting and fitting to anyone's personal playstyle. So here im am suggesting some things so the experience is even more enjoyable

1)Leaguestones should make it into the main game but with their drop rate nerfed to 50-70%
Not because they are gamebreaking, and definitely not because they are boring, but because they steal so much from whatever the new leagues are gonna be and in a greater degree from the base game. What i mean is the situation that is already obvious where beyond and breaches are the most common leaguestones used something that is too impactfull on the game itself, it feels like im playing breach most of the time, or perandus and beyond. In other words the game becomes too much cluttered.

2)If number 1 is to be implemented as is, make Leaguestones drop only as magic, and ofcourse create more mods for each of them.

3)Zana or Navali can sell leagustones (only magic ones). If you combine this with some of my previous suggestions for Navali she may become a full fledged forsaken master ( see suggestions : 06/07/2016, 28/07/2016, 13/09/2016)

4)If making them drop only as magic is deemed to powerful or easily exploitable, implement recipes for leaguestones: vendoring 3 white ones has a chance to produce a magic one, vendoring 5 whites guarantees a magic one. The uses remaining for the new leaguestone if in the recipe we put already semi-used ones, should be the average of the uses (toned down).

Weapon Slots
Its mainly aesthetic at this point of time, but it also has one practical use too (Doon Cuebiyari stats depending on which hand the item is equiped), and that's the use that inspired the following suggestion that may as well come in handy with future unique items and mechanics. Allow shields and weapons to be equipped in whatever hand slot we want without being automatically pre-equipped.

Fortify
I know i have been making a lot of suggestions regarding this gem/mechanic, but its a melee helper that helps everyone else except melee players. So here is the ultimate fix for fortify:
During fortify buff effect you deal 20% less spell damage. Does not affect Champion's Fortitude.

Volatile Blood
Ive already made a suggestion about it on 23/05/2016 spoiler. Here is another one.Either reduce the damage across the board or do not allow map modifiers to affect the final damage output (similar to a player corpse exploding a body when in party doesnt use the buffed life value due to partying)

Pale Council
I enjoyed prophecy league, i enjoyed farming the council when the items were worth farming back then. What i didnt enjoy was getting the keys which i always only bought. It might was ok back then when the possible items were OP to have so much troublesome experience to get each key but nowadays its definitely not worth it. Reduce the length and steps for each prophecy chain leading to the keys. As a side suggestion and for totally personal reasons, please remove completely any step that requires us to enter the labyrinth.Addressed in 3.0 by making the chains more rewarding

Hybrid stuff
From my suggestions from this post, and the spoiler 28/07/2016 in the opening posts and because of the recent news about some reworks in hybrid items and keystones i take the opportunity to suggest some things.

1) Zealots oath : Make it so the regeneration applies to both Life AND ES instead of es only, but at 75% value for both. Or make it that half your regen applies to es and half to life. Or allow 25-50% or the regen to apply to life too, while 100% works for ES. All of the above so that hybrid builds can make full use of the node too, cause as it is atm, its useful only for CI and low life builds

2) Similar to the above suggestion about ZO and taking into account Ghost Reaver, i suggest a new Keystone that allows leech to work for both ES and Life, or integrate that to Ghost Reaver with some penalty (like leech at 70% of your leech values etc)

3) Make a new Keystone that rewards players for using 2 or even three "defences" like : 1% physical damage mitigation for every 2k armour, and 1% dodge for every 2k evasion, if your Armour and Evasion values dont differ for more than 10% etc. (this could be a unique as well)

4) Create new affixes for pots or new unique pots that have mods specifically for es/life recovery for hybrid life/es builds. Like a unique health pot that reads : if you recovered at least 30% of your life with the usage of this pot, your energy shield recharge starts immediately.

5) Add some utility effects on hybrid nodes in the tree (ar/ev, ar/es, ev/es) like 5% chance to resist stun, 3% movement speed, 5% to resist status ailments, 2% attack speed, 1% physical damage mitigation, 2% dodge, 1% spell dodge, %all res, life recovery rate for flasks, 30% stun recovery, 15 to two stats (str for armour, dex for evasion, int for es), life regen, mana regen, or even unique utility stats like 30% reduced effect of blind on you, 10% reduced effect of chill on you etc. Those can apply to all defensive nodes on the tree (see cloth and chain notable its extremely efficient especially if you are on the path for example)Implemented

Diamond Skin
It was a time this node must have been the most picked one when it used to give max resists. Nowadays its not even useful in an SSF environment. If you compare it with other clusters and nodes its even worse (2 points at least for a total of 15% all res + 12% armour? Cloth and Chain in duelist area gives 15%all res + 36% armour + 36% evasion for 2 points, in Templar's case Faith and Steel for two points gives 28% armour + 15% ES + 8% all res and Elementalist in the same templar area for 3 points gives 26% elemental dmg, 5% to cause elemental ailments and 12% all res, Shadow's Nullification for 2 points gives 25% evasion, 15% ES, 5% life and 8% all res -seriously why the fuck the right side and especially shadow's area is so OP for so many years is beyond me- Shadow's -again- Void Barrier 3 nodes 35%evasion,20% ES, 10% increased es recharge rate, and 8% all res, even the mediorce Sentinel is better that it. So here are the suggestions :

1)Buff the Diamond Skin cluster. You can even put the old max resistances back (not the 5%) but 1-2 to all res but also put a downside like can only deal melee damage.

2)Buff Weathered Hunter cluster (between duelist and ranger). Give some flat accuracy, movement speed or even small amounts of life to it.Implemented

3)Buff Survivalist cluster near Ranger. From all the +1 to max resists of one element clusters this one is by far the worst, BY FAR. Give some 2 dodge on the small nodes and 2dodge+2spell dodge on the notable and remove the evasion rating or keep the evasion and remove the all res.Implemented

13/07/2017
Ascendant
Scion Ascendancy is and has been criticized a lot for being underwhelming and underpowered compared to other Ascendancy classes. GGG recently made some changes but it still doesnt feel right. So, what i'm suggesting here is something that might actually make Ascendant's power level on par with other classes or even in some cases a better option. Scion can pick two nodes from the same Ascendancy and two from another one for a total of 4 nodes between 2 classes is she chooses too

Slower Attacks Support gem
Simple, yet interesting and effective. A support gem that is for those that like slow and big hits, adding a boss-like feeling to their character. An excellent support gem for a different kind of playstyle that we currently have (also OP with EQ). Level 20 Slower Attacks support gem - 35% less Attack speed 69% more attack damageImplemented - Pulverise

Social Tab
As i mentioned before PoE for an online game feels pretty single player and i like that aspect. There are times that you don't want to interact even with your guildies or friends ingame. So here it is : Add more option besides afk and dnd like online/offline/invisible/busy/away option on the social screen tab

New Keystones
Since my early years of playing poe, i could never understand how Acrobatics (then unnerfed) could be an option for the right side of the tree an instant 30% damage avoidance for 1 point and the left while considered the tanky side of the tree had nothing but inefficient hp nodes. This bothers me still today and that what I'm going and try to solve with the following suggestion

Endurance : Take 12% reduced physical damage from hits. Deal 50% less spell and projectile damage, you can only deal damage yourself.

Behind it there are three nodes reading : 2% reduced physical damage taken from hits and after those another Keystone

Willpower : take 10% reduced elemental damage from hits

This should be between marauder and duelist area or it can even replace Iron Reflexes and repositioned.

Last Update : 29/08/2017

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Feb 15, 2021, 12:55:46 AM
29/08/2017
Trade Improvement
We like it or not trade is still problematic. We like it or not poe.trade is the "official" unofficial trading tool we have. So since even GGG has made changes in the past improving this 3rd party program, the following suggestion is something related to poe.trade.Implement some form of WTB(want to buy) forum that works with poe.trade, instead of searching for items to buy, you can search for items to sell. Example : So i can put up a trade request that i want a jewel with life,freeze chance and reduced mana cost of skills. X player finds said jewel and decides to check poe.trade first before vendoring it. Now he can pm that he has it and we can trade

Forsaken Masters
A simple quality of life suggestion but also utility one. When you get a master to level 8 doing a quest when you find them in an area or a map provides only reputation points which at some point become irrelevant. What if completing a forsaken master's quest in a map would allow you to sell or even buy items from them, in other words make their inventory available inside a map.
If not considered OP they could even refresh their inventory, but even only having the option to sell loot inside the map without getting back to your HO would be of great assistance

New Currency
Shaper's orb and atlas micro-management is one of the greatest things since it allows you to modify the game as you see fit. What i want to propose is in this territory. Add a new currency name can be whatever you see fit, but as an example ill use the name "Locking Orb". What it does is that you use it on a map on atlas and when running this map it can not drop maps connected to it. So for example if i use it on Underground River, underground sea and port can not drop while i run the river.
They can still drop if i run other maps connected to them. The change would be permanent and so there should be an "unlocking orb" too. They can either be rare world drops (master sextant rarity) or be available in the same way shaper's orb are by completing certain maps. This would allow for greater map diversity too and not only shaped strategies.

Vaal Pact
Not a secret that VP is still broken even if it doesn't work with ES. Life characters can still abuse it. Vaal Pact is simply broken as it is. My suggestion is somewhat controversial as it doesn't actually addresses it but rather makes it less usable for all.Re-allocate VP to the old position. Life leech is Instant. Your %life leech from gems, items, passives is halved. You can only deal melee dmg.

Act 8
The density of this whole act seems kind low. Increase the density
Also Temple of Decay is simply too long. Remove one level

Pantheon
Many people say its rather underwhelming. I don't actually fully agree since many of those power provide some niche bonuses that give some extra flavor to the characters. They are also defensive abilities and honestly its been too long since more defensive options were added. So i find the pantheon system while tedious and extremely time and wealth consuming if you are playing more than one character per league at least fascinating. But i still have two suggestions for improving it.
I) Make powers unlocked league-wide Having to do them each time with each different character is both very time consuming and big currency sink

II) Allow players to be able to have two minor and one major god powers active at the same time instead of 1 and 1. This would address the issues with some of the minor power being close to irrelevant

03/09/2017
MTX
MTX provide money to GGG. Anything making them easier to sell is definitely on the right track for their business model so here are the following two suggestions that will help even more in that department.
I) Add a system in game (or even in the forums) to preview an MTX with whatever character we like
II) Add as system to allow us to preview our characters (with their items) in select menu

Ailments
The recent changes were quite welcome. Here are some more ideas to make ailment builds even better or effective

I) Allow physical damage to apply bleed on critical strikes (including physical spells) and chaos damage to apply poison on critical strikes. If needed rework the values of bleed and poison
II) In the same logic that in 3.0 almost all weapon nodes have ailment effects, add ailment effects in elemental clusters too. 5% shock,freeze,chill,ignite duration or effects etc

Spell Casting
That is an issue i have since the beginnings. Spells do not need investment in accuracy making them superior in almost every scenario versus other forms of damage. So what i would like to suggest is a new stat called Concentration. Concentration will work in a similar way as in D&D, if you succeed in the check you cast the spell, if you don't your spell might fail, or it doesn't work as expected or deals half the damage. For example i have 91% concentration in my stats and i cast a fireball if i somehow fail to achieve that, the fireball might deal half the damage, might not be casted at all or it might cast the fireball in the complete opposite direction. If a system like that was implemented a similar Keystone to Resolute Techniques should be implemented for spells.

Act 9
I definitely was sad to see the charge reward from merciless bandits go with the difficulties. At this point GGG might not even consider adding such a choice in the future again. In case you do GGG, the feather in act 9 is a good candidate for this. Add another NPC (or even use one of the existing ones) and make them actually "fight" for the right to be Khaleesi

Bandit Rewards
Its definitely not a secret that people aren't really too enthusiastic about the new bandit deals. So here we go :
Oak - 0.4% life regen, 40 life, 4% more dmg, 4% dmg reduction
Alira - 15% crit chance, 15% crit multi, 15% all res, 1.5% max mana regen
Kraityn - 6% dodge/spell dodge, 6% attack and cast speed, 6% momevement speed, 0.6% lifesteal

Pantheon Powers
For starters i want to say that there has been so long since some defensive options were added before the pantheon system and i cant remember how long I've wanted something similar to it. Unfortunately (at least from what i read and heard in-game as well as my personal experience) current pantheon powers are rather underwhelming. So i tried to come up with some new powers or reworked the existing ones to be more equal to each other as well as provide new opportunities for combos with existing mechanics, items, passives etc.

The underlined parts are the changed and new powers. Have in mind i haven't bothered adding which atlas boss would unlock each bonus since its not really an issue. The latin numbers (i,ii,iii) show the un-lockable effects.

Major Gods

Soul of the Brine King :
You cannot be Stunned if you've been Stunned or Blocked a Stunning Hit in the past 2 seconds
i) Cannot be ignited
ii) 1% reduced Elemental Damage for each hit you have taken recently up to a max of 8%
iii) 20% chance to reduce melee damage taken by 20%

Soul of Lunaris :
0.5% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 12%
15%
chance to avoid Projectile Damage
i) Cannot be silenced, cannot be blinded
ii) 5% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells if you've been Hit Recently
iii) Avoid Projectiles that have Chained

Soul of Solaris :
6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is only one nearby Enemy
20% chance to take 50% less Area Damage from Hits
i) You cannot be Frozen if you've been Frozen Recently
ii) Slow debuffs have 15% reduced effect on you
iii) You take 15% reduced extra damage from critical strikes

Soul of Arakaali :
10% reduced lighting damage taken from hits
10% reduced chaos damage taken from hits
i) 20% of lighting and chaos damage taken from hits heals you instead
ii) 30% reduced effect of poison on you

iii) 30% reduced effect of Shock on you

Soul of Kitava :
Nearby enemies deal 4% less damage

5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time (previously on Arakaali)
i) Cannot be hindered or maimed
ii) Nearby enemies move, attack and cast 10% slower

iii) 50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently (previously on Arakaali)

Minor Gods

Soul of Garukhan
1% Additional max chance to block and spell-block
i)5% chance to block attack and spells if you have taken a savage hit recently

Soul of Yugul
30% reduced Reflected Damage taken
i)5% reduced Cold Damage taken if you've been Hit Recently

Soul of Abberath
5% reduced Fire Damage taken while moving, burning ground doesn't deal dmg to you(not sure if its the same with "unaffected by burning ground")
i)10% increased Movement Speed while you are burning

Soul of Tukohama
While stationary, gain 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction each second, up to a maximum of 8%
i)While stationary, gain 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second each second, up to a maximum of 2%

Soul of Gruthkul

1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each Hit you've taken Recently up to a maximum of 5%
i)Enemies that have Hit you Recently have 6% reduced Attack and cast Speed

Soul of Ralakesh
30% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken
i)20% less bleeding damage and duration on you

Soul of Ryslatha
+25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time (previously on Arakaali)
i)50% chance to avoid poison

Soul of Doedre
Curses have 15% less effect on you
i)5% increased movement speed per curse on you, up to a maximum of 15%

Soul of Shavronne
50% of chaos damage taken does not bypass energy shield
i)0.2% life regen per 10% life missing or reserved

Soul of Maligaro
Your life, mana and hybrid Flasks gain 3 Charges every 3 seconds if you haven't used them Recently (previously on Ryslatha for life flasks only)
i)60% increased Recovery from Flasks used when on Low Life (previously on Ryslatha for life flasks only)

On top of that i would like to suggest that even at the current state it would at least be more worth the hustle if we could choose one major and two minor powers instead of 1 and 1.

The original topic is here

24/12/2017
Melee Attack Totem Support Gem
New support gem suggestion. It supports every melee non movement skill. Its a totem that will use the skill that is supported. Damage values up to you GGG. Model can be the current ancestral warchief/protector or an similar model to it but based on the class that uses the support

Passive Tree
Sanctuary cluster in the Templar area needs some updating. Bottom nodes should read +1% block + res instead of only res that provide now. Notable should read : +3% block + res + 40% increased defenses from shield Implemented

Main/Off Hand mechanics
I'll bring this up once more. Currently there are two weapons (at least that I'm aware of) that use this mechanic, Dyadus and Doon Cuebiyari. The problem though is that you cannot use those items for their offhand stats with a shield since shield is always equipped in the offhand slot. So the suggestion is allow us to equip weapons and shields in either slots without automatically equipping the weapon in main hand, so that we can fully benefit from those stats as we see fit.

Resurrect
I've seen some people rightfully claim that its awfully amateurish and frustrating to load 4-5 times to go back to the elder guardian fights. A simple "resurrect in hideout" option could solve this.

Hideouts
Simple, allow us to save drafts of our hideouts so that we can load and save one we already have, or experiment with ideas.Implemented

Remnant of Corruption
It feels too rare while being very useful. How about making a recipe for it like : one of each kind of essence (preferably some high tier ones) + vaal orb or something similar?

Potions
Its been quite a long time since pots stopped serving their initial purpose : short and powerful buffs or as recovery mechanics. Today pots are almost permanent buffs and with new ones getting released from time to time the situation only becomes worse. Please reduce the pot effectiveness and duration passives in the tree (and ascendancy) so that pots are not that gamebreaking.

Taste Of Hate
Continuing from the previous point, a pot that similarly to many others got gutted because some ascendancy plus the passives in the tree were making it ridiculously strong. If you feel the current values are good ok but at least give it chill and freeze immunity or 50% less chill and freeze duration

Knockback
Honestly a very interesting mechanic. It used to work when we had very few tools in our arsenal. Today mostly used (not the gem, but the mechanic) by bow critical strikes and staff critical strike and the occasional heavy strike dude. And while with bows and ranged weapons knockback is indeed marvelous, for melee its absolutely a pain in the ass. One of the reasons heavy strike is widely unusable,
who would in their right mind use it when its counter-intuitive to melee as an archetype. I want to get close to a mob to hit it, but when i hit it i send it back... hmmmm. So here it comes : Replace every melee (ranged knockback works wonders anyway), knockback mechanic with something else, chance to bleed,
maim, chance to blind, chance to disarm, chance to silence, chance to whatever, something that doesnt suck balls as current melee knockback does.

Navali
Seems that my Navali suggestions are pretty much almost all in the game. So i have
a new interesting one. Add an inventory to Navali. She will trade orbs (transmutations, alterations, fusings etc) similar to how certain NPCs do in towns. Her inventory will expand as the player progresses through the acts so by the end she will have the same inventory for orbs only as the other NPCs in the latest towns with the same ratios. This can even be used in the future as a step to make her to give dailies etc (suggested already in previous posts)

Tornado
New skill. Summons an uncontrollable tornado that moves around dealing damage and hindering enemies in an aoe. Level 20 damage 601-788 physical damage. Tornado initial move peed 375, gains 5 per level. Initial radius 12, gains up to +4 by lvl 20. Initial Tornado casted 1, gains up to +3 by lvl 20. Quality bonus 0.5% increased area of effect and 0.5% tornado speed.
Implemented - Its on Saqawal's Flock unique
Further details : Tornado is an intelligence/strength spell active gem. Tags are : Spell, AoE. Has 0 chance to crit or even better can not crit by no means. Cannot be supported by spell cascade for more tornadoes (at least for the time being it might not be so powerful). Tornado animation can pass through enemies and small obstacles but stops on walls/building etc. When casted it generally goes towards the direction you casted it but the path to that point is not straight.

Last Update : 24/12/2017

Last edited by Regulator on Feb 15, 2021, 1:11:39 AM
06/03/2016

Last edited by Regulator on Jul 6, 2016, 4:14:56 PM
Spoiler
Part 5, just a continuationg on the labyrinth issues. because ive already made the points on other threads ill just quote.

Spoiler
"
Regulator wrote:
Because the white knights of ignorance still dont get the point.

1) Never before an expansion gated the most vital, enganging and core aspect of PoE - the SKILL TREE. The labyrinth does and for only one single arrogant reason. Because if it didnt NOBODY will give a shit about the damn thing for more than a month (and im being extremely generous) and GGG's effort would be for nothing.

2) The mechanics and theme of the labyrinth are totally not fit for PoE. In my alpha feedback i said it reminded me of Neverwinter Nights and i totally want to take that back because the feeling is more like Mario and Contra. Mechanically you have to learn traps and the way the work, and then with the right timing use a movement skill to bypass an obstacle. If anyone of you doesnt know Contra and Mario please check them and see the obvious similarities. They are obviously not Hack and Slash games like PoE and here lies another problem, why PoE tries to be something its not? Whats next? Put horse/rhoa races similar to car racing games? Or put strategy game elements and we have to build army, houses, barracks and a town hall to vanquish out opponents?

3) Next we have a totally absurd designing fail. We all know PoE is way to unstable, uncustomizable, full of bugs and crashes, glitches and a fuckton of similar problems. Now GGG for a reason they think valid, decided that trap dmg is %. So in case of a spike in latency, HC players must forfeit their character to a 33lvl trap. GREAT DESIGN. You understand that the traps beside negating gear (which is fine by me) COMPLETELY NEGATE THE SKILL TREE CHOISES? You probably never thought it in that way, but for any decent HC player traps negate approximatelly 60% of his skill tree (if not more)

4) I understand that there are some people that for whatever reason (or no reason at all, fun doesnt require reason after all) actually enjoy this mini-game labyrinth provides. Labyrinth exclusive uniques, strong enhanchments and treasure chests at the end of the labyrinth. Cool keep all of them and the enjoyment of playing Mario with PoE skills and graphics. The AC points why do they have to be linked to that ?

5) If AC points were locked/gated behind Atziri or Rigwald how do you think the community would respond? How you white knights would respond? I for once would hold the same stance im holding now. Because something so vital to the gameplay cannot and SHOULD NOT be gated behind anything. I understand GGG wants to put the spotlight in their newest addition to the game, but they have to realise that this is one HUGE-ASS mistake. Give labyrinth runners alt art items, or mortal hopes or 30cm increase on their e-penis i dont care but dont deny the rest of us the chance to have fun with something that is clearly one of the biggest (probably the biggest) changes in PoE, obviously im talking about AC.

6) For those here long enough, let me remind you something that is much less iconic than the skill tree and even when that was gated people rioted. Do you remember when two of the most iconic uniques in PoE were gated to drop only in maps? Im talking about Kaom's Heart and Shavvrone's Wrappings. The outrage for those iconic uniques that had grown famous and legendary beyond anything else back at the day was so great that GGG shortly after their huge mistake, undid it and everyone was happy again. And we are talking about 2 unique items here! You understand how big of a change gating THE SKILL TREE is ? I dont think you do. Because if you did you would agree on removing AC points from labyrinth this instant.

Spoiler
"
Regulator wrote:
Claims lab is really fun and enjoyable content ---> Just quicksilvers through everything, skipping like 70% of the content

Claims it needs skill ---> Just quicksilvers through everything, stepping onto traps and facetanking izaro.

Claims it is easy ---> Of course it is, just quicksilvering through everything. Its an arcade style of gameplay, once you get familiar with it, its just a piece of cake.

People posting here must understand (seriously its not hard to do it - read and comprehend points made) that its the AC points gating and the totally alienating playstyle that drives so many of us to simply dislike the whole mini-game.

Nobody wants to take your fun, you can still run lab as you do everyday with the same rewards, enhanchements, lab-uniques and chests in the end. Your playstyle and enjoyment WOULD NOT be hampered in the slightest. In contrast for us who dislike the arcade mini-game in a hack and slash ARPG our fun, enjoyment and playstyle must suffer just to get AC points, because we wont (wouldnt) run lab in a million years if AC points were NOT gated behind that lame-ass excuse for mini-game.

For those who still dont understand or dont want to understand (ignorant trolls), think about a game genre that you dislike (first person shooters, MOBAS, adventure games, racing games, simulator games, strategy games etc.) now imagine if AC points were locked behind some of the aforementioned playstyle in a Hack and Slash ARPG game like PoE. Would you be frustrated or what? And dont answer with the most silly answer possible please (aka adapt)

Spoiler
"
Regulator wrote:
Some individuals must understand that people are annoyined purely by that playstyle. It has nothing to do with hard content. I personally found it very easy but un-exciting when doing it in alpha. Izaro was overtuned but that was fixed.

Now im playing HC and i dont find any reason at all to do it, dc, bugs, random fps drops which all can easily be ways to RIP or lose a good portion of my playing hours cause i have to restart. And i ask myself is it worth to do it? probably yes (purely for AC points). Is it fun to do it? HELL NO. Ive spend 80points in the tree purely for defensive purposes, which ALL are negated by a single 33lvl trap that can prove fatal even with the smallest miscalculation/ latency spike / fps drop.

There have been a lot of good suggestions regarding the matter. And most have to do with un-gating the AC points, cause people just have to admit, if AC was not gated behind lab no thread would have popped up, labyrinth would be useful for enhanchments (that are pretty rewarding in a similar fashion to atziri's drops, though less OP), and people like the ones who are proudly defending labyrinth's mechanics and playstyle would still enjoy their "fun" content. Lets see how many actually will still be doing lab after GGG ungates AC because its exciting and fun. Yeah right

Suggestions :

1) Completely remove AC points from labyrinth. Either reward AC points after each act ending, or at fixed points/levels, like 40-65-90 or 40-60-80 (which are the levels anyway most people try the labs in each difficulty)

2) AC points are awarded from Izaro. Not as he is now, but a different version, where we fight him in 3 stages as it is now but without having to run the labyrinth before hand.

3) Make side quests that their sole purpose is to award players with AC points.

4) Implement any of the aforementioned ways to get AC points and/or keep the labyrinth as it is now so players can get AC points in different ways.

Last edited by Regulator on Jul 6, 2016, 4:15:26 PM
You are 100% accurate on the melee and shadow.

Melee chars (left side) have more life nodes available but need to spend more passives on them as well.

Shadow has always been overpowered. It wont ever change. Some GGG guys who are in charge explicitly want to see the shadow with daggers and all the stuff that comes with it on top of the food chain for as well ranged as melee builds. So be it.

Compare shadow with templar area and you know what it is. Shadow got elemental dmg in straight line towards some of the best crit nodes on the tree. Templar got spell dmg (which cant be used for melee/arrow elemental) and end up at a nerfed area of effect ring that is only useful for few builds dead end.

Shadow got physical dmg nodes in combination with chaos dmg which can be used for both projectile and melee. Templar got pure melee nodes that exclude all the melee skills with projectiles like molten strike, lightning strike etc.

Templar outer ring elemental dmg nodes are 6%, 8%. They got only 2% elemental resistance penetration and you need to waste alot of passives there. Shadow/Ranger side of tree got 6% elemental penetration, all elemental dmg nodes are 10% - 20% so you dont have to waste passives on 6/8% nodes.

Shadow got 12% increased attack speed and 6% cast speed. Templar got 5% attack and cast speed.

CI is at shadow side, EB is at shadow side. Vaal pact is at shadow side. Templar got access to RT, something that could be given utility but GGG rather adds further utility to the shadow side (chaos dmg, dodge, crit, status, penetration), strictly speaking adding every possible thing to the shadow side instead of giving the templar side one single thing, and they are going to proceed like that. Even give shadow easy way to obtain 40% dodge/30% spell dodge. A templar needs to travel to alot of areas in order to get +1%/+2% block nodes, then you still need to transform some block into spell block.

After all GGG managed to give Shadow/Ranger side both cold and lightning resist max +1 and of course the penetrate 8% cold/lightning resist are there as well. The templar has no access to any of these nodes at all with fire dmg the worst of the three ele damages being the closest somewhere down at duelist area. Lightning stacks increase dmg alot, cold freezes/chills, fire does nothing. Guess which was given to templar side and which to shadow side of tree? Of course least utility (fire) go to the left side of tree and best dmg (lightning) and most utility (frost) goes to the right side of tree.

It is not balanced and this is on purpose. The game evolves around crit and shadow and it is time for the last of us to stop arguing about it.

And you know what is best? As it has been always like that and templar/rauder/duelist in any league are ~20% played while witch/shadow/ranger/scion are ~80%, their broad basis of users support their decision making like that and you will always fight against a huge majority of others in forums which have all invested into that. They start arguing their gear is more expensive. Of course since the right side is so op that most ppl search gear for that, demand increases the values due to heavy imbalance.
Last edited by LSN on Mar 7, 2016, 11:52:30 AM
20/03/2016

Last edited by Regulator on Jul 6, 2016, 4:15:59 PM
"
As it is now, repeating three times the quests from normal to mercilless is boring/annoying at least, and its one of the major factors people get burned from the game.

are you serious?
leveling process is more diverse than grinding maps:

leveling and endgame
- more map layouts in leveling
- better boss fights in leveling
- change how skill work you use more often
- if you want you can push to higher level faster and deal with hard content if you wish, in maps you have to grind easy content for long time

making leveling shorther will not increase time players spend in endgame.

People dont like leveling becasue it put feel of being weak and many players dont like that. Theydont understand thet if you dont feel weak at some point you wil not appreciate or feel how stron you became.

This problem cant be fixed by removing part of game becasue it is complicated system
10/04/2016

Last edited by Regulator on Jul 6, 2016, 4:16:32 PM
Stopped reading after "restrict cyclone to 2h weapons"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info