[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

"
Griff112 wrote:
Quick question about mana. I'm currently level 40 and having issues with maintaining Cyclone. Running Hoi and Hatred. What am I missing to be able to maintain Cyclone that you all have? Right now i'm needing to spam mana flasks to have the resource to Cyclone.

the firat 2 ass point walk the aether

cyclone is aa movement att so it cost no mana
Last edited by rohee on Jun 8, 2016, 8:11:53 PM
Ah thank you, looks like I need to go do my first lab then :p
Swapped to CoC at lvl 42. Probably too early, but couldn't wait any longer lol.
There weren't any cheap Vagan daggers for my lvl, so I bought a normal dagger with some high crit chance and a 5L chest. Cyclone-CoC-Inc crit-Bladefall-Accuracy and Blasphemy-Ass mark.

Somehow this works. Still I'll try to get a Vagan dagger as soon as possible. Lots of close calls without leech.

"
rohee wrote:
is it worth to lose dps on a dagger for a vagan dagger?
will the dps of never missing will it make up for the loss

I don´t know if you talk about the DPS we could gain from a high Spell damage Dagger or the Physical DPS of a normal Dagger.

Spelldamage is nice but if we don´t Crit we don´t deal damage at all, so not missing is alot more important to deal damage at all.

The Phys DPS of the Dagger is 100% not relevant, our damage comes from the Spells, not from the Cyclone.

@Griff112
As others said, you need the Ascendancy.

In other news i improved the opening post by adding some colours for better structuring and stuff and also looking more fancy.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
How does this build deal with Reflect?
@Griff112

It does not run Reflect maps.

Reflect rares are only a Problem when you are in a Party and its a Monster with a really high HP base like Necromancers or Devourers.
I suggest letting other players kill them if you are in a 3+ Party.

Hitting them once isn´t a Problem, immortal call covers you after the first wave of Bladefalls hit.

If you somehow feel the need to run a Phys Reflect map switch the ICS Gem for a Phys to Lightning Gem.

If you then meet a Ele Reflect Rare in that Phys Reflect map i don´t know what to do, sorry.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Well, it was a struggle at first but it's all finally starting to come together for me. Currently 78, I don't get too much time to play due to life but I'm pretty happy with my progress so far.

Current Equipment:
Spoiler

I've got capped resists, about 6.5k ES specced into CI and I finally feel like I'm starting to get powerful. My damage is a bit lacking ATM though, I took the build off the path a bit, and specced into some ES nodes below witch start until I acquire higher ES gear. I think this may have been a bad idea, however. I don't think I'm doing enough damage to leech back enough ES now. But within the next 10 levels that should even out as my gems hit 19/20 and I get the physical damage nodes and spell damage.

I also have these ready to go, when I throw them on I'm up to 8k ES, but I have to get boots with GGGR links first and replace my rings/amulet with diamond rings and enough res to cap myself back out after switching to the vertex.. I'll probably roll with EV/ES boots to avoid too much of a headache getting those colors. I also want to pick up a physical doriyani's belt for the res and str. After all that is done I'll start saving everything for my 6L chest and a lvl 2/3 enlighten gem. Right now warlords and blasphemy works. Not worried about the dagger, will probably be the last and I assume most expensive piece if I want one with spell damage/crit/added spell damage on a Vagan dagger.

I'm at work so not exactly sure on my crit stats but I believe with current gear and full power charges my cyclone sits at 93.99% chance to crit, EK around 85% and bladefall around 78%. Which means when I drop maligaro's and grab 2 diamond rings my cyclone should hit 95% and EK in the 90's, with bladefall crit at the high 80's with voidbringers. I can't wait.

Only question I have is about the energy within jewel, and whether or not you still need it for CI. I notice you said to put it in for hybrid/low life. I'm not entirely sure how that jewel works exactly so I was wondering if I still need it.

Love the build, can't wait to get everything and start doing atziri/etc. thanks for this guide and build, I regretted starting the league as this build at first because I got off to a really rough start. Now I'm so glad I stuck with it!
Last edited by Mythologick on Jun 9, 2016, 1:29:49 PM
"
"
rohee wrote:
is it worth to lose dps on a dagger for a vagan dagger?
will the dps of never missing will it make up for the loss

I don´t know if you talk about the DPS we could gain from a high Spell damage Dagger or the Physical DPS of a normal Dagger.

Spelldamage is nice but if we don´t Crit we don´t deal damage at all, so not missing is alot more important to deal damage at all.

The Phys DPS of the Dagger is 100% not relevant, our damage comes from the Spells, not from the Cyclone.

@Griff112
As others said, you need the Ascendancy.

In other news i improved the opening post by adding some colours for better structuring and stuff and also looking more fancy.

thx that helped ...that make seance that most of the dmg comes from bladefall and ek
I am running 3 cwdt setups:

1. CWDT-Immortal Call-Inc Duration-Summon Ice Golem
2. CWDT-Blade Vortex-PCoC-Inc Crit Strikes
3. CWDT-Warlords Mark-Summon Skeletons

How do you folks feel about Summon Skellies as a blue CWDT alternative to, say, tempest shield? I kind of like the skellies, they seem to draw some aggro and take a few hits away from me?
Im currently lvl 77 with 9.4k ES and things are going smoothly. Am I screwing myself by leveling the few strength gems we use? Ill stop lvling them now or maybe just get lower lvl ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info