[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Danke!

One more question: Would you consider the Withfire Brew flask to be a good damage buff? As far as I understand, CD + IM convert 45% fire dmg into chaos, and the chaos damage poisons - so that means that all of the chaos dmg is now considered DoT, right? Sounds like 80-100% increased DoT from Flask (50-70 increased DoT + 33 from Vuln aura) should therefore boost dmg by ~ 1/3 (disregarding any passive scaling nodes) - am I misunderstanding / missing some mechanics here?

BTW, your "Jewels" section went one level to deep and is a subsection of the "Flask" section, rather than a subsection of the "Detailed Gear Breakdown and Explanations" section after the "Flask" section.
"
seeRettich wrote:
Danke!

One more question: Would you consider the Withfire Brew flask to be a good damage buff? As far as I understand, CD + IM convert 45% fire dmg into chaos, and the chaos damage poisons - so that means that all of the chaos dmg is now considered DoT, right? Sounds like 80-100% increased DoT from Flask (50-70 increased DoT + 33 from Vuln aura) should therefore boost dmg by ~ 1/3 (disregarding any passive scaling nodes) - am I misunderstanding / missing some mechanics here?

BTW, your "Jewels" section went one level to deep and is a subsection of the "Flask" section, rather than a subsection of the "Detailed Gear Breakdown and Explanations" section after the "Flask" section.

Afaik WB would require a 4th curse(-limit), otherwise it would just overwrite one of our way more useful triggered curses. You won't need vuln for easy encounters anyways, and you defnitely want the defensive curses on the kickass bosses. But feel free to try it and tell me how it works! I've also considered it for this build.

The math behind it is also more complicated. The increased part just adds to other poison damage increases like chaos, dot, area, general damage and whatnot, so the boost there isn't as big as it seems. The enemies take 33% inc damage from vuln is an enemy sided calcualtion though, so it can be seen as a multiplicative bonus. Just keep in mind that it stack additively with with other enemy sided increases like shock or profane bloom.

I could calculate the exact damage increase, however I don't really see the point since everyones character has different values everywhere anyways.

Thanks for the heads up with the gear section, I'll look into it.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
All the links in Leveling Recommendation no longer work. Please fix or remove.
Вuring,just started...
Why?!
"
Leveling Recommendation
Last edited by Legasi on September 25, 2016 9:24 PM
[color=red]Улыбкой демона мне мозг порви.
В коньяк, любовь и кокаин меня макни.[/color]
Anyone playing this in ESC? hows it faring on Atlas Completion above t10 maps?
And if well, which version? ZO? VP? basic leveling version?
Is it possible to get a video or at least a short description of how you deal with a boss such as Rigwald? For some reason he gives me no end of trouble even at 12.5k ES
"
Sanaelar wrote:
Is it possible to get a video or at least a short description of how you deal with a boss such as Rigwald? For some reason he gives me no end of trouble even at 12.5k ES

Make sure there is one of the stone circle rocks between you and him. You can still hit him, but his wolves are blocked. Also bring a mana flask of staunching for the transformation phase and keep an eye on your debuffs.

I can't record videos because of my crappy laptop, sorry.

Good luck!

Edit: It appears you forgot to spec the Zealot's Oath keystone. This will drastically increase your tankyness. I'm also not sure why you're using a Vessel of Vinktar, the only benefit is shock, which can also be caused by Vaal Lightning Trap. I'd recommend swapping either your quicksilver or your VoV for an Atziri's Promise.
Last edited by Legasi on Oct 10, 2016, 7:50:29 PM
Hi there,

Been playing this build and I'm lacking a lot of damage and not sure why. Most bosses go down easy but doing Hydra and stuff like that it's just not possible because they stay alive for too long.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
fuck em
"
MissApril wrote:
Hi there,

Been playing this build and I'm lacking a lot of damage and not sure why. Most bosses go down easy but doing Hydra and stuff like that it's just not possible because they stay alive for too long.

Just as I mentioned in the boss guides, Hydra and Chimera are immune to poison, so these fights take significantly longer. You can speed them up utilizing a Wither Totem (ST - Wither [ - FC - IncDur])

Edit: Your overall gem setup is very inefficient. By not utilizing chill and max level + quality TC/Enf you're missing out on massive defensive potential. Sacrificing three valuable gem slots for just the ability to cull is a massive waste. Just put a Heartbreaker or any weapon with corrupted culling strike implicit in your offhand and weapon swap quickly when the boss is below 10%.
Last edited by Legasi on Oct 11, 2016, 7:27:23 AM
"
Legasi wrote:
"
MissApril wrote:
Hi there,

Just as I mentioned in the boss guides, Hydra and Chimera are immune to poison, so these fights take significantly longer. You can speed them up utilizing a Wither Totem (ST - Wither [ - FC - IncDur])

Thanks for the quick reply. I must've forgotten that very important part. :( I'll give it another go with totem.

Edit: Thank you again for all the feedback. I'll use your suggestions. :)
fuck em
Last edited by MissApril on Oct 11, 2016, 7:55:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info