[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
danihassanein wrote:
Thanks Legasi for pointing out these things. It totally slipped my mind the penalty for low mana you get from IM....

I hope you can have a look at my char as I made the char list public... give me a few pointers if there is something I missed to even further make this build more awesome.

Thanks again...

BR.

WiDoWoR

Yo, I highly recommend reading through all the comments in this thread if you got some spare time. We already discussed lots of topics like mana reservation, voidbringers, etc!

As the perfectionist that I am I am seeing a lot of stuff that can be improved. I'm going to straight up list them:

Tree:
- You forgot Foresight above the scion area
- I don't understand why you skilled the powercharge above witch area. It seems you are not using a blade vortex setup, so those are 4 wasted points.
- You might want to take the witch's starting 16% spell damage node.
- Did you socket an Energy from Within jewel into your jewel socket between witch and templar area already? If not, do it.
- Alchemist wheel. So good. Highly underrated.

Gems:
Do you know you can sell a lvl 20 gem and a gemcutter's prism for a lvl 1 20 quality gem? You should do that with all your gems.

Gear:

Flasks: You're using a life flask. A wasted flask slot. Use a mana potion with antibleed instead. Your elemental flasks aren't even rolled. Lots of wasted potential. Try to get immunity to the respective status ailment for each flask as suffix. Example: Antifreeze on Saphire flask. As a prefix you should use either recharge on crit (surgeon's) or incrased charge recovery. Since you are in standard you could buy legacy surgeons flasks.
In your video I also didn't see you pressing your flasks. They provide huge boni for this build, use them!

Dagger: Ok, just reset gems

Shield: Nice one. You should mastercraft a suffix on it. If you already got (over)capped resists and enough str/int for your gems craft intelligence on it! It increases maximum es and mana. No gems in it?

Chest: You are using an IM on the old occultists vestment base. The new widowsilk (?) ones have way higher es! Try to get one with close to 230% increased energyshield. Gem setup is perfect.

Helmet: Is ok, can be better. Chaos resist is useless. You got an open prefix, craft flat mana on it! Also no gems?

Gloves: Voidbringer not recommended. Mana cost too high. See comments before.

Boots: Rainbowstrides are okay. Use a vaal orb on Discipline and Clarity and pray that they get to lvl 21!

Amulet: It's okay, but can be way better! Try to get one with at least 15% increased energyshield! Other useful stats are flat es, stats, resists, caster mods, crit mods, mana mods.

Left ring: Nice resists. But it's a life based ring. At least mastercraft flat es on it if you're not planning to upgrade it.

Right ring: Dream Fragments. Hmmm. Not necessary on softcore if you have an antifreeze saphire flask. Try to get a ring with es, resists, stats and maybe mana.

Belt: Nice one.

General:

Empty Sockets: No cwdt setup, no vaal disciple, no golem. Read the setup section again, I explained stuff there!

Clarity: Not necessary, use mana potion instead.

Alright, I hope this helped a bit, please don't hate me now...

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Hey i'm probably missing something obvious, But without the life leech gem or Atziri's promise how do i get any leech, I can't see any one the tree so when i went for ghost reaver it did nothing for me. I'd use life leech but since you only recommend to use it in a 6l i'm confused.

"
EU_Rogue wrote:
Hey i'm probably missing something obvious, But without the life leech gem or Atziri's promise how do i get any leech, I can't see any one the tree so when i went for ghost reaver it did nothing for me. I'd use life leech but since you only recommend to use it in a 6l i'm confused.

Warlord's Mark

(and AP)
"
EU_Rogue wrote:

cwdt warlords mark gives us the 2% leech

edit: he's faster
Last edited by maurost on Jan 31, 2016, 8:57:00 AM
"
Legasi wrote:
"
danihassanein wrote:
Thanks Legasi for pointing out these things. It totally slipped my mind the penalty for low mana you get from IM....

I hope you can have a look at my char as I made the char list public... give me a few pointers if there is something I missed to even further make this build more awesome.

Thanks again...

BR.

WiDoWoR

Yo, I highly recommend reading through all the comments in this thread if you got some spare time. We already discussed lots of topics like mana reservation, voidbringers, etc!

As the perfectionist that I am I am seeing a lot of stuff that can be improved. I'm going to straight up list them:

Tree:
- You forgot Foresight above the scion area
- I don't understand why you skilled the powercharge above witch area. It seems you are not using a blade vortex setup, so those are 4 wasted points.
- You might want to take the witch's starting 16% spell damage node.
- Did you socket an Energy from Within jewel into your jewel socket between witch and templar area already? If not, do it.
- Alchemist wheel. So good. Highly underrated.

Gems:
Do you know you can sell a lvl 20 gem and a gemcutter's prism for a lvl 1 20 quality gem? You should do that with all your gems.

Gear:

Flasks: You're using a life flask. A wasted flask slot. Use a mana potion with antibleed instead. Your elemental flasks aren't even rolled. Lots of wasted potential. Try to get immunity to the respective status ailment for each flask as suffix. Example: Antifreeze on Saphire flask. As a prefix you should use either recharge on crit (surgeon's) or incrased charge recovery. Since you are in standard you could buy legacy surgeons flasks.
In your video I also didn't see you pressing your flasks. They provide huge boni for this build, use them!

Dagger: Ok, just reset gems

Shield: Nice one. You should mastercraft a suffix on it. If you already got (over)capped resists and enough str/int for your gems craft intelligence on it! It increases maximum es and mana. No gems in it?

Chest: You are using an IM on the old occultists vestment base. The new widowsilk (?) ones have way higher es! Try to get one with close to 230% increased energyshield. Gem setup is perfect.

Helmet: Is ok, can be better. Chaos resist is useless. You got an open prefix, craft flat mana on it! Also no gems?

Gloves: Voidbringer not recommended. Mana cost too high. See comments before.

Boots: Rainbowstrides are okay. Use a vaal orb on Discipline and Clarity and pray that they get to lvl 21!

Amulet: It's okay, but can be way better! Try to get one with at least 15% increased energyshield! Other useful stats are flat es, stats, resists, caster mods, crit mods, mana mods.

Left ring: Nice resists. But it's a life based ring. At least mastercraft flat es on it if you're not planning to upgrade it.

Right ring: Dream Fragments. Hmmm. Not necessary on softcore if you have an antifreeze saphire flask. Try to get a ring with es, resists, stats and maybe mana.

Belt: Nice one.

General:

Empty Sockets: No cwdt setup, no vaal disciple, no golem. Read the setup section again, I explained stuff there!

Clarity: Not necessary, use mana potion instead.

Alright, I hope this helped a bit, please don't hate me now...

Legasi, I appreciate every letter you wrote to me. I took all your advice, still working on some of them...
Why I have no gems in some of my gear... for me this is still a work in progress, everything will be added.

I will make another video after all the changes you mentioned are done.

BR.

WiDoWoR
In case you guys wanted further validation that this build is good, Legasi and I did a bunch of maps today, my pool was up to chaining T13! Ended the day with 3 Atziri sets (from corrupted bosses mainly) and up to 8 red maps.

Now for some of the suicidal maps we ran:
Courtyard (T13/lvl80)

Courtyard (T13/lvl80)

There also was a super rippy Shrine (T14), but I don't have a shot of the mods. I'm garbage at this game, so I ended out dying :P
Nice,

I did today a Arsenal Map with risky mods (inc Damage, Crit, Multi, Vuln, -max res) Was funny. And got a Red map as reward (and serveral 10+ maps)

@Legasi

If needed you can get it. :D

ps: I did today a Atziri Run with CONC and Controlled Dest. works pretty well. Better as FC and CONC, but i had to switch off AA because of Mana issues. But it worked really well.

my gear (update)

Spoiler

10.4k ES I easily hit 11k with a decent Helmet.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Currently Level 73 on Tali HC with this. 10277 ES and a tooltip Firestorm of 2474

not everything is rolled right. I currently run Discipline, Clarity, and Arctic Armour. I have an empower I am leveling in my offslots but it isn't even level 2 yet.

Tips?
"
Dstry wrote:
Currently Level 73 on Tali HC with this. 10277 ES and a tooltip Firestorm of 2474

not everything is rolled right. I currently run Discipline, Clarity, and Arctic Armour. I have an empower I am leveling in my offslots but it isn't even level 2 yet.

Tips?

Turn off Clarity. You are on low mana with it on.

If you got spare chromes try to use inc dur instead of faster casting.

Don't die ;)
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 1, 2016, 4:17:13 AM
I'm now running with Abyssal Cry for a while. Its funny with the sounds and stuff, but it does not feel worthy. Sure thing it does a lot of damage... but FS does too.

I think I'll switch to the Golem again. Maybe a Golem / Vaal Lightning Trap setup. That should be funny.

I'm latly thinking about dual curse. I like the idea of temp chains or vuln. as 2nd curse.
But right now I don't know if its worth it or not.

If somebody asks why?
Temp Chain does Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower. So our poison gets a 0.4 more multiplier. (At higher Tier maps (12+) with dangerous Mods, why not?)

edit:

Another thought

Why not using Rallying Cry? Increased Damage and Manareg? With out Tree and inc Duration it shlould stay up for at least 15 sec or so. Is it worthy?
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Feb 1, 2016, 10:41:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info