[IN DEPTH] 2.2 Crit LA/Blastrain Voltaxic - Hardcore/SC Viable

"
Lucr4in wrote:
Hey man,
really awesome build you created here.

I'm currently playing it on my 3rd char on Tali SC League and it playes really nice and smooth.
I even think it does more damage than my Mjolner build :D.

Gear

CurrentLevel84Skilltree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BfkGcAguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmKGY4Z1yF2I_YkiyT9JpUqCzB8MfoyATY9N9Q51DqzPs9DMUd-Sn1M_02STipOn1FHVUtVhVoaW69d8l-wYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sb55wUnTtdct293p_fXV_K4TFhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKk5WXBpsmm42btZ2qoJ-jiqXLrTOyGbVIt7a74702vea-p8EzwUnDM8M6xKLI3MpKz3rTftQj2sHjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vevzF_h3-ug==

MaybeLevel100Skilltree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BfkGcAguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmKGY4Z1yF2I_YkiyT9JpUqCzBxMHwx-jIBNj031DnUOkI6sz7PQzFHfkp9S1dLeEz_TZJOKk6fUUdVS1WFWhpbr13yX7Bh4mHrYqxlTWegbIxtbG-ecFJ07XXLdvd3B3pTen99dX8rgwmExYTZhs6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKk5WXBpsmm42btZyknaqgn6OKpHily60zshm1SLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfA48EzwUnB1cMzwzrEosjcykrPetN-1CPawd2o3vjjn-cK51TqYu0_7YPuDu968bP8xf4d_ro=

I took the poison notes because I thought it is wort it, espicially for single target damage.
If i can get my hands on a 6L i even would try the Poison gem, cause we can hit single targets like 10 times a second, it would mean a lot of poison damage. Maybe I even try to swap it out with Innervate because we can get Onslought from our Daresso's, what's your idea about this?

I think it could work very well. Just be aware that Onslaught from Daresso's is highly unreliable, it's just a decent perk you'll rarely notice. Throwing in the Poison gem on single target may work very well, I just have not tested it personally.

However, if you are picking up the poison nodes anyway I would recommend using Snakebite gloves as well and making sure you have a Frenzy gem in an off-socket (or even use it as your single target damage instead of blast rain) to refresh frenzy in case it falls off because of the debuff from the gloves.
"
"
Lucr4in wrote:
Hey man,
really awesome build you created here.

I'm currently playing it on my 3rd char on Tali SC League and it playes really nice and smooth.
I even think it does more damage than my Mjolner build :D.

Gear

CurrentLevel84Skilltree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BfkGcAguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmKGY4Z1yF2I_YkiyT9JpUqCzB8MfoyATY9N9Q51DqzPs9DMUd-Sn1M_02STipOn1FHVUtVhVoaW69d8l-wYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sb55wUnTtdct293p_fXV_K4TFhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKk5WXBpsmm42btZ2qoJ-jiqXLrTOyGbVIt7a74702vea-p8EzwUnDM8M6xKLI3MpKz3rTftQj2sHjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vevzF_h3-ug==

MaybeLevel100Skilltree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BfkGcAguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmKGY4Z1yF2I_YkiyT9JpUqCzBxMHwx-jIBNj031DnUOkI6sz7PQzFHfkp9S1dLeEz_TZJOKk6fUUdVS1WFWhpbr13yX7Bh4mHrYqxlTWegbIxtbG-ecFJ07XXLdvd3B3pTen99dX8rgwmExYTZhs6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKk5WXBpsmm42btZyknaqgn6OKpHily60zshm1SLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfA48EzwUnB1cMzwzrEosjcykrPetN-1CPawd2o3vjjn-cK51TqYu0_7YPuDu968bP8xf4d_ro=

I took the poison notes because I thought it is wort it, espicially for single target damage.
If i can get my hands on a 6L i even would try the Poison gem, cause we can hit single targets like 10 times a second, it would mean a lot of poison damage. Maybe I even try to swap it out with Innervate because we can get Onslought from our Daresso's, what's your idea about this?

I think it could work very well. Just be aware that Onslaught from Daresso's is highly unreliable, it's just a decent perk you'll rarely notice. Throwing in the Poison gem on single target may work very well, I just have not tested it personally.

However, if you are picking up the poison nodes anyway I would recommend using Snakebite gloves as well and making sure you have a Frenzy gem in an off-socket (or even use it as your single target damage instead of blast rain) to refresh frenzy in case it falls off because of the debuff from the gloves.

Alright, thanks for the fast reply.
Definetly gonna try it out later!
So I changed my setup to

and swapped in Frenzy

and I have to say the single target dps is insane !
My Frenzy does like 35k tooltip dps at full charges + a Poision stack every attack, that does like 25% from my dps with each posion. So with 4 Attacks per seconds it doubles my single target dps to ~70k. (I hope this math works, but it feels like more ^^).
You should definetly try it out this way.
Last edited by Lucr4in on Dec 25, 2015, 5:04:49 PM
"
Lucr4in wrote:
So I changed my setup to

and swapped in Frenzy

and I have to say the single target dps is insane !
My Frenzy does like 35k tooltip dps at full charges + a Poision stack every attack, that does like 25% from my dps with each posion. So with 4 Attacks per seconds it doubles my single target dps to ~70k. (I hope this math works, but it feels like more ^^).
You should definetly try it out this way.

Nice man I'm glad to see it working well, I may have to try it out myself. Have you tried swapping out poison for void manipulation and comparing the DPS? You'll be poisoning on hit anyway so maybe the poison gem isn't entirely needed.
Well, I actually couldn't decicde which gem I should take.
Then I thought when I am at boss fights, I almost every time have 0 frenzy charges when the boss has his own room, so I dont poision on my first 7 Frenzy hits.
So I just put Poison on it, to poison every hit.
Little Update: @Lvl 92 now.
Finally broke the 5K HP mark.
Did all map tiers so far, up to a daresso tier 15 fight.
Went smooth, without dying (just alot of kiting and portals into HO to refill flasks etc.).
Sitting @19,1K deeps with all charges, I think I'll break the 20K with proper 21 gems.

Gear:
Spoiler
EXALTS>EXAMS
Went smooth, without dying (just alot of kiting and portals into HO to refill flasks etc.).
Sitting @19,1K deeps with all charges, I think I'll break the 20K with proper 21 gems.

Gear:
Spoiler
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
Lucr4in wrote:
Well, I actually couldn't decicde which gem I should take.
Then I thought when I am at boss fights, I almost every time have 0 frenzy charges when the boss has his own room, so I dont poision on my first 7 Frenzy hits.
So I just put Poison on it, to poison every hit.

Well I haven't tried the setup so I can't speak for myself but building frenzy charges should be pretty easy when you're using frenzy as your single target anyway correct? Maybe I don't understand the mechanics of poison but wouldn't having a harder hit make poison do more damage? Your hit should do much more damage with void manipulation over the poison gem. Even if the poison damage isn't as high with that setup, I feel like, theoretically, your overall dps should be higher. I will have to test this out myself though.
"
skieZ wrote:

Gear:
Spoiler

Good stuff bro. I'm just shy of 84 on my 2nd voltaxic, and I have the next week to really push so hopefully I can get some more combinations tested out and really min/max for what I like.

Also, I tried drill neck with both shrapnel shot and lightning arrow with pierce. While it was acceptable DPS, I don't think it out weighs LA chain with this set up. However, I think I've kind of got a nice idea for another build, which I will be testing on my next character :) if it works out I'll make a guide on that too. I don't think it will be a ranger though.
"
For a six-link I believe Void Manipulation may be the best, but I have not been able to test this out. I think that the reduction to elemental damage occurs after the conversion to chaos, which means it will only nerf your non-lightning converted damage (if you have flat fire/cold anywhere on gear), but I have not been able to test this yet. It seems to work fine on Blast Rain though.

Has this been discussed here yet? I believe the elemental reduction of Void Manipulation unfortunately happens before conversion to chaos. I have significantly lower damage with 25% reduced elemental / 35% more chaos than 28% more Slower Projectiles. (Only a minor portion in my calculation is physical, other part is pure lightning/chaos.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info