[2.1.0] Rolling Flames Fireball - 230% AoE Explosions

Very interesting build. Im currently level 64 and it seems to work great other than the fact that im very squishy, but im sure that will be fixed with good gear.

Have you tried using vaal fireball? the fireballs from the vaal skill gem also works with the increased area of effect
Can this build be played as marauder or templar maybe even witch but instead of using es, use armor instead?
This build just seems to squishy for my liking but very fun.
Last edited by XCholitoX on Dec 20, 2015, 5:30:00 AM
Here's my attempt from witch start, I'm level 40. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAWHcDdZErXwTvfJ_fPAWUb18_KS58uPGs8i8aPoPbOlhVxuw4ZlRMsxpsna7yRf4K_o864aZXTeM1kti9vorK06EvLJza3SSqNunjahZvcg_Xz_k374hJsVBCjr6SwSL0bAuCm5o7aGXzm3y7OtgnL5BV7-s7DdAfhXuHZR8Cg_cEBxBY1K_fsMBUCPTGrhEPVw3UfAYOCfZSU5f0l5Wa4EWdU1JtGTwtg1-DzD1fUzXE9q-nFCDvDuvurJi4kxzcjxqtjc9-7TzVpmpDwGYn7ZMnffU9D6IABLO3Phku2WEsRjy9ES18g6cIKU_kImae
"
l3lumarlin wrote:
Here's my attempt from witch start, I'm level 40. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAWHcDdZErXwTvfJ_fPAWUb18_KS58uPGs8i8aPoPbOlhVxuw4ZlRMsxpsna7yRf4K_o864aZXTeM1kti9vorK06EvLJza3SSqNunjahZvcg_Xz_k374hJsVBCjr6SwSL0bAuCm5o7aGXzm3y7OtgnL5BV7-s7DdAfhXuHZR8Cg_cEBxBY1K_fsMBUCPTGrhEPVw3UfAYOCfZSU5f0l5Wa4EWdU1JtGTwtg1-DzD1fUzXE9q-nFCDvDuvurJi4kxzcjxqtjc9-7TzVpmpDwGYn7ZMnffU9D6IABLO3Phku2WEsRjy9ES18g6cIKU_kImae

I'm just going to preempt you before you go down this route and hopefully save you some trouble: this tree will struggle BADLY with mana issues. As soon as you start using that 4link with gmp/spell echo/firepen, the skill becomes unreasonably expensive without a fully leveled clarity and support from the tree.

If you have some amazing mana and mana regen on your gear you might be ok, but I had a spattering and when I hit 53 and switched from a +1 wand to a geofri's crest, all of a sudden my mana went from a non-event to "holy crap I can't use this skill anymore".
You mentioned a +3 staff and pledge, but what about a searing touch? Sitting on one right now and wondering if I should waste my jewelers trying to 6S it.
This seems pretty cool. I'm really not sure how viable it is, but as my bladefall fotm character got killed I figured I'd give it a try. I levelled a Templar with firestorm because I had one at level 6 or something and Firestorm felt like a much better tool than Fireball for early on. Firestorm also scales pretty well with the nodes I picked anyway. Level 47 now. I should have 3 rolling flames rolling by the end of Cruel I guess.
lvl 76 here, I am sitting on 2k hp and 2k es, having a 4link infernal mantle (Fireball-GMP-Echo-Concentrated), have like 8k listed dps (not counting overlap nor the concentrated aoe buff) and i can kill stuff pretty easy. I also decided to grab Three Dragons, which causes basically every time I cast to shock everything because of the 50%~ ignite chance on fireball. I definitely saw an improvement in damage, and the ignite is basically worthless. I also use this with herald of storms to cast elemental weakness. Main issue is big monsters, especially the quick ones, where I cant use totem-frostwall to burst them down.

Another issue is that I die fast and often. I ended up taking MoM which helps a little but I still die from 1shots often in 73~ maps when I am level 76 with capped resists. I dont know if MoM is worth it because Infernal Mantle's handicap being such an issue with MoM taking you low mana.

I just recently happend upon basically 3ex, and I dont know what it spend it on. 5link Infernal? Better defensive Items? My wand and shield are crazy, and I dont really see what to upgrade.

Finally- I cant see this build being at all MF viable though I really wanted it to be. I die waaay too fast for it to make sense. I was considering removing 30+ nodes (and 2 rolling flames jewels) on the shadow side to get hp and resists in the templar side. This would also allow me to go crit, where I just ended up with Maligaro's Virtuosity(part of that 3ex i mentioned)

I need some serious help with the build, it feels like im falling off and dieing way too often, and cant fend for myself against fast packs/flickerstrikers/leap slammers/whirling/hard to dodge skills.
Last edited by SquallGBlade on Dec 23, 2015, 5:18:24 AM
"
SquallGBlade wrote:

if you feel like you have enough damage, ditch three dragons and get a helmet with life/es, that should help a bit.
also, be sure to run artic armor or blasphemy + enfeeble.
I'd also get rid of infernal mantle and get a 5l chest with hp/energy shield.

what jewel are you guys using at the shadow area?
Last edited by Nexzer on Dec 23, 2015, 7:33:15 AM
Remember that deep thoughts in the witch area provides 20 intelligence. There is an unnecessary point in that area that can be redistributed in the original post.

Also, I highly recommend to NOT use infernal mantle, especially with MoM. It simply makes you too squishie. If you need a way to deal with reflect, a Consuming Darkness is your ticket NOT infernal mantle.

You can deal with the "small fast ones" via flame blast or firestorm.

It does function well with Vaal Fireball, as it turns the cone GMP-fireball into a Nova of sorts, which is super useful for talismans + strongboxes.

Link priority WITHOUT Consuming Darkness
Fireball
GMP
Spell Echo
Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction
Fire Penetration

Link priority WITH Consuming Darkness
Fireball
GMP
Spell Echo
Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction
Slower Projectiles

For Vaal Fireball
Vaal Fireball
Spell Echo
Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction

Substitute Life Leech as needed.
Last edited by Cerest on Dec 23, 2015, 1:22:46 PM
"
Nexzer wrote:

what jewel are you guys using at the shadow area?

Rolling Flames, duh? :D

"
Cerest wrote:
If you need a way to deal with reflect, a Consuming Darkness is your ticket NOT infernal mantle.

Exactly what I did aswell, works just fine in terms of DPS and is a cool slot for Vaal Fireball. I have a ~7,5k EHP pool atm which also allows me to use Vaal Fireball as a burst vs annoying enemies (lure them into a corner/next to a wall and give 'em Vaal Fireball+GMP+Echo hell ;) ). I mostly use it as single target burst, since huge packs just explode to standard Fireballs and I kinda lack single target DPS on open spaces.
There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom the latter is fear...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info