[2.1.0] Rolling Flames Fireball - 230% AoE Explosions

GMP is sadly a DPS loss on Vaal Fireball. It only adds 4 projectiles total, not the original value x 4.

And yeah, for large enemies Vaal Fireball is amazing.

Anyone notice how inconsistent ice wall is at intercepting your fireballs? T_T
"
Cerest wrote:

Anyone notice how inconsistent ice wall is at intercepting your fireballs? T_T

Everytime I tried that it didn't intercept them at all for me, am I doing it wrong? tried the same for Magma Orbs back in Warbands, didn't work either.
There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom the latter is fear...
Can you scale damage output end-game on t10 ish maps? It was clearing great in bog but what about gorge and plateau?

I'm not sure if it was just gear but the difference between the latest vid and the shore vid is astronomical.

Fireball gmp witch was my first build 3 years and and while a complete and utter failboat, I'm hopeful to see the day fireball can be used as a viable good clear build.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 25, 2015, 2:19:06 AM
The workaround for fireball+Frost Wall, is put frost wall on a totem. When cast by a player, frost wall does nothing. Its a glitch since 20013, and they have put no effort into fixing it even after confirming they know about it.

Cast by player- blocks pathing
Cast by totem, trigger gem, enemy- works as expected.

Try it out, it helped my single target immensely.

I specced out of MoM, and kept the infernal mantle. It still works well and mantle gives a lot of ES so I think its worth it. I am gonna upgrade to 5l when I can. Also keeping three dragons, the shock is just too good to give up.
Last edited by SquallGBlade on Dec 26, 2015, 12:00:25 AM
"
SquallGBlade wrote:
The workaround for fireball+Frost Wall, is put frost wall on a totem. When cast by a player, frost wall does nothing. Its a glitch since 20013, and they have put no effort into fixing it even after confirming they know about it.

Cast by player- blocks pathing
Cast by totem, trigger gem, enemy- works as expected.

Try it out, it helped my single target immensely.

I specced out of MoM, and kept the infernal mantle. It still works well and mantle gives a lot of ES so I think its worth it. I am gonna upgrade to 5l when I can. Also keeping three dragons, the shock is just too good to give up.

will try that, been very frustrated with the inconsistent frost wall, know how it works with mines and traps?

Edit:
just tried totems and traps, traps work as poorly as self cast, totems better but still fails sometimes... damn it GGG
Last edited by AridZephyr on Dec 27, 2015, 4:32:10 AM
Like a few others I also went with the witch approach to this build, like it a lot. I know the gem slot to the right of the shadow start isn't needed, but saw you took it anyway, what gem did you put in there?

My talent tree so far at lv.58;

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZSt4H8cti9-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbFTNVBCjDY8vSxGRXy-isrTVUth4iaVB2PLvRa_VEemvp7EXfIrChEv44QbyDY9ES18g-vumuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPI8BZ_fmjuCm-w4OtgnL5BVGjjtPNWm

Leveled with flame totem lazyness until I got LMP, then I switched to fireball. The flame totem with the night's hold is nice since it help's with the single target dps you lack until you get your frost wall action going.
I wonder if this could be turned into CoC build :D
Laihduttakaa.
what kind of unique items could I invest in besides the one you listed in the OP? Maybe Consuming dark? or Sire of Shards?

Edit: Bought a cheap Sire of Shards and 5l'd it. This staff is really not that good combined with Fireball since it won't hit that many enemies since it fires in a nova. Still wondering if Consuming is a option since it pretty much is only good against reflect/fire res enemies. I think Pledge and/or +3 Staff is the best here, though I can't seem to find any good +3 Staff on poe.trade.
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Jan 7, 2016, 8:16:45 PM
How is clearspeed at higher level and with better gear? Anyone can post some dps numbers?
IGN: Wolfshen
"
Sherkkan wrote:
How is clearspeed at higher level and with better gear? Anyone can post some dps numbers?

I'm playing up to T14 using dual void batteries (only few T15 played , dont know well bosses so i skip T15 for now)
Crit build (CI , Vaal pact)
With safe version (kaom's roots for stun immune) i have 176k dps (without flasks)with GMP so i can wipe any packs with ez (176k x 5 projectiles vs packs speak for itself)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info