2.1 HC: EB/MoM/ZO Bladefall Poison Trapper (3c Startup Cost)

Running this build on talisman hc and having a blast with it so far, lvl 61 atm. I made a few small changes, dropping out the entire scion life wheel+ the travel to it, and instead picking up melding+ heart and soul, and 2 jewel sockets instead. Brings it out to 174 vs 188% life, 2 % jewels should fix that. Just a personal preference, I like being able to pick up more life earlier while leveling.

The main question I wanted to ask you is, would you consider swapping your bladefall trap setup to a 5l eva/es chest piece with some decent es on it? That should give you about 7-8% dps increase. Is that what I should aim for, or what would be your endgame itemization?
The issue I've seen with jewels is that you simply aren't going to get the same amount of life as you would going to the scion wheel. That being said, you would definitely end up with more damage and I would say that's the best way to go for a SC build, just personally I'm never tanky enough. (I think running dumb thinks like museum boss with added damage etc.).

The melding wheel is really nice and I would probably swap some of the scion wheel for that should I drop discipline in the future.

Going with a 5 linked chest+boots is usually going to cost you more that if you just had deerstalkers. That's the main reason I'm still using them. The only thing you'd sub out those boots for is a 4 link with 30% MS and a high (80+) life roll with good resists. Compare that with deerstalker's at 1-2c depending on links and it's just cheaper.

Endgame you're really looking at a 6 linked carcass jack, which isn't going to be cheap. Or you could still go with the carcass on less links and keep using deerstalker's. For a weapon your best bet would be a divinarius.
Edited OP for clarity.
I don't know if im doing anything wrong but i feel a lot safer if i don't run zealot's oath. I have about 2k ES and 3.5k HP.
ZO is for keeping up your mana and regenerating it easily with the use of Enduring Cry/Vaal Discipline. The build isn't designed to be tanking damage so using flasks for topping yourself would be good enough.

I can attest to that, just ripped last night being lazy face tanking arena bosses with +fire damage, attack speed, move speed. Actually kite and you're fine.
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for the build men, and I would ask you a question, wouldn't it be worth it to pick the 3 skill points to growth and decay, in the shadow side?

It would give 2% life regen, and a few more DPS, for 3 skill points.

Thank you again,
aRandomBeach
Any tips why ppl say this isn't a "normal" trap build b/c you can only throw a few traps? Is it easy to experiment with diff gems in the links, or tree areas to try it both ways? This is my first trapper and bit scared of this limitation...
Growth and decay would definitely be an option for late game. Picking 3 points to get rid of is where it seems to be a problem.

"
Any tips why ppl say this isn't a "normal" trap build b/c you can only throw a few traps? Is it easy to experiment with diff gems in the links, or tree areas to try it both ways? This is my first trapper and bit scared of this limitation...

Traditionally, traps have used 3-4 trap setups so that you'd constantly have traps to throw. However with the damage scaling of this build, what used to take 1 set of fire/lightning/cold snap traps is now accomplished by throwing one set of bladefall traps. People who might complain about the 'limitation' are not using their traps as efficiently as possible. Having 1-2 leftover mobs can be annoying but you have bear trap for that if you want. You also have the option to run with an EK trap setup, though the damage isn't very good.

With the recent discovery by theshadedone with how bino's prolif can work with Southbound Gloves (didn't even know these existed) the endgame gear will look a bit different.

Eventually you will drop the deerstalker boots, use bladefall in a 5/6L chest, and use Bino's with the Southbound gloves. This allows you to run your beartrap as both a pseudo aoe trap along with bladefall. Not sure if they'll nerf/fix the way the prolif seems to be stacking, but with this setup you'll definitely relieve some downtime issues.
Hey there. I am level 70 atm in HC Tali, absolutely loving this build. Everything dies 1 shot with Bladefall including rare mobs. Uniques take 1-2 bear traps, just started using it now since I waited til level 70 for Jaws of Agony; amazing build. I already fell in love with EB/MoM/ZO concept with my past builds. However, I am too poor to afford bino's atm, I own southbound gloves waiting for bino's, and will alternatively use restless ward(may even use both).

I have had max res in merci since level 58 with my current gear, 5.4k tooltip bladefall and perm endurance(5) and power(4) charges. I also chose not to use a second aura, I am using vulnerability + blasphemy to get that insane increase in damage for phys + dot. I have really low life (2.8k atm) and will have less with restless ward, more with southbound later on. I also have 44% crit with bladefall.

My Current Gear

Although I am also just alternatively using Surgebinders for extra damage, I will see how it goes when I get bino's, about half way there in currency.

PS: The items I purchased were not quite what they were as the startup cost, probably because I am in a different league - JoA was 3c alone, nonetheless, really cheap build.

Would very much appreciate any feedback on how to improve, one thing I will definitely get is a hybrid ES helmet, and a better ring when I have restless ward.
Can you explain me how this build can be viable in hardcore if you have from your tree at lvl 88 only 20% increased armor and 33% increased evasion? how do you think you can survive physical damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info