[2.4] zSavage's Poison Hurricane (Crit Poison BV)[Budget Friendly][Assassin]

Updated: Atziri down! (and it was pretty easy too, lol).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
hey savage...after we discussed the poison option for this build and stuff, i've been doing a LOT of tests.

i've basically come to find that the absolute best setup is using consuming dark/pyre ring/added fire support, so long as you can spare the ring slot. this gives me the most DPS out of any other option, even better than my really good full BV DPS dagger shown here

right now im dual wielding that and consuming dark, and the dps is insane. the poison damage is actually really good. you don't even need to include infernal mantle, so feel free to stick with your shavs.

just the automatic poison from consuming dark, and the amount of chaos damage you can get with added fire/pyre converting hatred damage, its pretty incredible. also stacks with the shadow start nodes and everything. i find it much better than even the poison support gem, since you can run another damage support and still get the poison.

have you tried consuming dark and dropping poison gem?
again for my build its the highest DPS. not by a WHOLE lot, but still it is. the poison damage is ultimately lower, but the total DPS is higher because of the added support gem (and still getting poison)
Updated for 2.2, including Poison gem nerf and Assassin ascendancy class. I've updated the analysis accordingly.

Added 2.2 update video and a link to a map run from the last patch.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
nevermind.
Last edited by TrueBane on Mar 15, 2016, 12:44:41 PM
How much leech does this build use?
I'm really interested in trying out this build, but would you mind explaining a little bit about how you leveled? What skills did you use, when did you transition to vortex, and/or what did your links look like before your 5link?

Thanks!
I don't really understand your choice to use controlled destruction, I mean the spell damage is great but 100% less critical hit chance? Up until now I chose as much crit chance gear as I could and it would all be for nothing....

I would also not skill the 'written in blood' cluster since I don't think the radius of the jewel will reach that circle... (I don't have the jewel yet but in your guide you only say 'Engerised Armor (Melding Cluster)' so I assume the other skill circle is not in the range of the jewel). I would take the 2 intelligence points to get there and use the 2 saved passive skill points somewhere else since the written in blood node and the energy shield are wasted on this build in my opinion...

If I'm too dumb to see why you chose these things, can you elaborate?
"
SpaxXii wrote:
I don't really understand your choice to use controlled destruction, I mean the spell damage is great but 100% less critical hit chance? Up until now I chose as much crit chance gear as I could and it would all be for nothing....

I would also not skill the 'written in blood' cluster since I don't think the radius of the jewel will reach that circle... (I don't have the jewel yet but in your guide you only say 'Engerised Armor (Melding Cluster)' so I assume the other skill circle is not in the range of the jewel). I would take the 2 intelligence points to get there and use the 2 saved passive skill points somewhere else since the written in blood node and the energy shield are wasted on this build in my opinion...

If I'm too dumb to see why you chose these things, can you elaborate?

Controlled destruction is 100% reduced spell crit chance, not 100% less. So in this case it's kinda like have two less power charges at all times. But the trade off for 40%+ MORE spell damage is very worth it. Controlled destruction is a silly gem in general and works well for crit and non crit builds.

Written in Blood is not in the range of the jewel. However, this is an efficient set of life nodes. It's 20% life and 10 STR for 4 points, along with the extra energy shield.

"
cmhhss1 wrote:
I'm really interested in trying out this build, but would you mind explaining a little bit about how you leveled? What skills did you use, when did you transition to vortex, and/or what did your links look like before your 5link?

Thanks!

I leveled with some random shadow spell (I think like fire trap + tendrils or something) until Blade Vortex became available (upon entering merveil's cavern). When I got it, I used it immediately.

Before I used the 5L, I was using BV + Inc Duration + Poison + Echo. I had Added Fire until I could get the BBRGG color roll. For earlier, just use whatever added damage(s) you can (added fire is priority), and poison and faster casting as soon as they become available.

"
psalom625 wrote:
How much leech does this build use?

Just the 2% from Warlord's Mark.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Controlled destruction is 100% reduced spell crit chance, not 100% less. So in this case it's kinda like have two less power charges at all times. But the trade off for 40%+ MORE spell damage is very worth it. Controlled destruction is a silly gem in general and works well for crit and non crit builds.

Written in Blood is not in the range of the jewel. However, this is an efficient set of life nodes. It's 20% life and 10 STR for 4 points, along with the extra energy shield.

You're right, I totally misread the controlled destruction. But since I have no survival problems half way through merciless, I'm gonna wait and see if I'm gonna skill written in blood or go for some more damage.

Thanks for your response.

P.S.: Have you thought about using Cybil's Paw? Would be pretty perfect for this build I think...especially if you're using a shield anyways...
Last edited by SpaxXii on Mar 21, 2016, 5:33:02 AM
"
SpaxXii wrote:

P.S.: Have you thought about using Cybil's Paw? Would be pretty perfect for this build I think...especially if you're using a shield anyways...

I've found the AoE, spell damage, and spell crit from Divinarius to be better, at least for the way I play. Cybil's will lower your clearspeed (due to less damage and aoe) and give you better life recovery.

I've found that I don't need the extra regen from Cybil's, so, again, I've opted for Divinarius.
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info