[2.1] Essence Drain / Poison Bino's Witch (Pre 2.1.1B)

"
Can you give us a bit of a run down on your current setup? The clear speed is abysmal now :/ Also a link to your tree would help.

Not too sure how I'm going to have to change mine tbh.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBA-4FtQZwDXwOSA-rES8RUBGWE20UCRXXFr8abBslHNwdTx2-Hdki6iL0JIsmiCepKPorCiycLKYsvzOHNAo1uTdmN4NDVESrSRNJUUuuTp9Sr1WuVmNXyVxAXGtd8l8qZ_xqjGwLbRl0VXWedoJ6f3_GghCCx4RIhMWGrofLiEKJ4I8aj0aPpo_6kNaTH5Mnm6GbtZ2uoS-i2abrpwinK6ebrJiw2LQMtNG1SLcwuJO7Tb6KwcXDOsNtyAzIFMrTzxXZW91f34rfsOZY6NbpAuq662Pr7uwY8NX0cfVv98H31_no

I'm trying my best to stick to the principle of Bino's poison spell caster without it feeling gimicky. I want to run a few more T10+ maps and an get in an Atziri kill before I feel confident the new set up is working, but here is how I'd respecc your tree keeping regrets to a minimum.
Last edited by SicNNasty on Dec 24, 2015, 2:36:30 AM
Hey! I got a lot of ideas from your thread, so thanks. I've just finished putting up my guide for making a tanky ED character. You can find it here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1536096 Feedback is welcome. :)
In my opinion abyssal cry is currently the way to go with that kind of build, clear speed is nice, bosses surrounded by adds are mostly oneshoted by overlaping abyssal cry explosions. Single target... Wither + spell totem and it's not that bad. Today I did 2x atziri and it was rather a smooth experience. Definitely, I'll play with that build from time to time and I'll try to make some improvements to that character.

That gloves also look tempating, but I'll have to do something with resistances.

I'm using abyssal cry with poison, inc. aoe and void manipulation support gems.
"
Jansos wrote:
In my opinion abyssal cry is currently the way to go with that kind of build, clear speed is nice, bosses surrounded by adds are mostly oneshoted by overlaping abyssal cry explosions. Single target... Wither + spell totem and it's not that bad. Today I did 2x atziri and it was rather a smooth experience. Definitely, I'll play with that build from time to time and I'll try to make some improvements to that character.

That gloves also look tempating, but I'll have to do something with resistances.

I'm using abyssal cry with poison, inc. aoe and void manipulation support gems.

Hi Jansos, u mind posting your skill tree and gears..here is mine

thanks.
Currently I'm using 5l carcass jack, esssence drain damage over time is 14,7k. 4,6 k hp is also a reasonable amount for that build. I dropped cast when stunned setup, I'm not getting stuned often. I'm not using contagion very often too - abyssal cry + essence drain combo is enough (but I found contagion to be usefull on fracture maps). Some of these items have mastercrafted useless mods for that build, because I got them from another characters (I'm too lazy to change them).

Skill tree, https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4D7gQHBLMFtQZwBx4I9A5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GFYc3B2-HwIfQSL0JogmlSepKPorCiycMHEy0TOHNj06QjpYPAU9X0SrRUdFnUlRS3hMs06fUlNSr1NSVUtVrlXGXEBd8mHiYqxn_Gh0akNqjGwLbIxtGXWedoJ6f3yDf8aCEILHg9uD94fLjb-PGo-mj_qTJ5Uul5WX9Jrgnaqf36EvogCi2aebrJitSrDYtMW00bVItzC4k7tNvorAVMBmwuzIDMgUzxXQH9Qj2mLdX92o37DrY-vu73zv6_Af8NX1b_fX-eg= . Jewel sockets seem to be really usefull - I'll try to roll some decent jewels for that build.
Spoiler
Currently I'm using 5l carcass, because it was damn so hard to roll 3 blue 3 red on 6l carcass for shockwave totem build - I'm mostly hanging around with shockwave totems and I don't want to colour that carcass again. It took me around 750 chromatics...

Edit: 1up1up1, why are you using slower projectiles? Controlled destruction gem is better in terms of damage and it doesn't slow essence drain projectile.
Last edited by Jansos on Dec 27, 2015, 7:54:18 AM
I've posted the build I transitioned into after the 2.1.1B fix:

Bino's Kitchen Blade Fall
is this hc viable?
IGN: hyrenfreak
hi,

i'm a french player so sorry for my english.

i dont see your bandit choice, can you tell me?

cordially

D@MS-KINDER
Les choses ont l'importance qu'on leur donne

If someone is interested by this alpha owl 25% damage essence drain shot me a pm :)

ign : Eckalyna
Eckalina Old Low life rf spark build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/322848

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info