[2.1] Bino's Kitchen Blade Fall (Gameplay Video)

Updates: Most recent (27/12/15 17:16 CET)
Spoiler
Update: 27/12/15 17:16 CET
  • Added gameplay video link
  • Changed secondry defensive Gem Setup as per Exile009's proposal

Since 2.1.1B fixed Essence Drain and poison I've been asked a few times how I transitionned out of my [2.1] Essence Drain / Poison Bino's Witch, here it is.

Video:
Spoiler
First video:(Link) Mixed gameplay and bosses (All TIER8+ Including: lvl76 Torture Chamber / Malformation / Residence / Necropolis).

I need to get hold of some Vaal fragments so that I can try it out on Atziri

Build Mecanics
Spoiler
This is essentially a Poison heavy Caster, it is a semi damage over time build without using the Essence Drain + Contagion combo.
Bino's provides poison spreading to generally allready poisoned enemies allowing for decent poison stacking.

Blade falls mecanics works nicely for this build, being an AoE skill you will be applying poison to most of the Pack of monsters, the first one to die will then start a poison stack chain reaction to the remaining monsters. Any Rares / Uniques mixed in will therefore recieve a decent number of poison stacks.

Whatsmore, as the first volley that hits for full damage will take away a huge chunk of the monsters life whilst applying a potent poison stack, and since the "row" of monster behind will take slightly less damage being hit by the second volley, they will generally still be alive when the first row dies, meaning they will receive the more potent poison stack. They will then apply this stack to the row behind and so forth.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
  • Decent clear speed and moderate Damage over time hit and run mecanics
  • Can do a wide variety of map mods
  • Huge regen from Bino's

Cons:
  • Not much defense against Phys damage...
  • ...Phys reflect hurts quite a bit
  • More gear dependent than previous build
  • Not got a huge life pool
  • Heavily dependent on a mana pot

Gear:
Spoiler
Build Defining: Bino's Kitchen Knife

You could probally make a decent Blade Fall poison build without Bino's, but the build shines through AoE poison stacking offered by Bino's.

Higly recommended:
  • Ming's Heart: Adding a portion of Blade Fall's physical damage as chaos damage will synergise extremely well with the passive tree in which we'll be picking up a lot of chaos damage nodes in order to maximise the damage of our poison.
  • Atziri's promise: Adding even more choas damage to blade fall and granting Chaos damage leech, I'd recommend having 2 of these so that you can have it up as often as possible.
  • Belly of the beast: This helps counter the drawback from Ming's Heart whilst making sure your Atziri's Promise Flasks keep filled up.

Spoiler

Other decent options:
(If you can fit them in whilst keeping up a decent life pool and max resists)
  • Doryani's invitation: Life leech on Physical damage helps to sustain life
  • Atziri's step: excellent synergy with Acrobatics and a decent Evasion rating and move speed make these a fine choice.
  • Divinarius: Added spell damage, AoE and Mana and Life of Kill, that mana and life will help sustain your mana pool without having to spam your mana pot

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Gem set-up:
Spoiler
6 Link:
  • Bladefall
  • Poison
  • Added Chaos Damage
  • Concentrated Effect
  • Void Manipulation
  • Iron Will

On a 5Link I'd drop Iron Will.
A high level Empower would be a better option than Iron Will.
Concentrated Effect out does Controlled Destruction, but if you want a larger skill, both options are fine.
Using a Consuming Dark and dropping Poison isn't a good solution in my opinion as you would then lose out on all the pysical damage for your base poison damage.

Escape:
  • Whirling Blades
  • Faster Attacks
  • Fortify

Extremely good escape option that allows you to gain fortify when appropriate.

Wither:
  • Wither
  • Faster Casting
  • Spell Totem

Great for bosses as it boosts both poison damage and the Chaos Damage portion of Blade Fall

Dual Curse:
  • Blasphemy
  • Temporal Chains
  • Vulnerablility
  • Enlighten

Vulnerability adds both to your poison damage and the physical portion of Blade Fall.
Replacing Vulnerability with Enfeeble on harder maps.
Temporal Chains is both for defense and offense as it adds to the duration of your poisons and Wither.
On Curse Immune maps I go for Arctic Armor.

Cast on defense:
  • Cast on Damage Taken (level 1-2)
  • Summon Skeletons
  • Raise Zombie
  • Frost wall

Allows us to get up a decent amount of distractions and block off melee monsters. (You can WB through Frost Wall)

• Cast on Damage Taken (level 1)
  • Blade Vortex
  • Chance to flee
  • Blind / Increased duration

Curtosy of Exile009's proposal below. It works a charm.

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
Current Tree: Both Jewel slots are occupied with Efficient Training, granting me a huge boost to STR for extra Life and damage via Iron Will. (447STR)
Last edited by SicNNasty on Dec 27, 2015, 2:19:39 PM
I recommend CwDT - Blade Vortex - Chance To Flee/Blind - Blind/Chance To Flee/Inc. Duration for your second defensive setup. You can have both Blind and Chance To Flee or just one and use Inc. Duration to make it even sooner that you'll get one of them on a mob. Without Inc. Duration, if you're in the middle of a pack, you'll get about 3-4 blades going with lvl 1 CwDT. With it, you'll get about 6-8 of them and so hit em' more often, thereby allowing the Blind/Chance To Flee to roll sooner. It rolls fast enough anyway, so if you only want one of them, you can just drop the last socket entirely and use it for something else you might like (Note: Don't bother with Knockback, it sucks). Chance to Flee has the side-benefit of helping to spread your Poison via Binos' as they run away and die.

The above assumes you're in the middle of a pack and being attacked. If this build is meant to stay far away from mobs, then this won't work. Instead, try the same thing but with Ball Lightning instead. You can link GMP to it rather than Inc. Duration in that case (Oh, and with GMP BL, Knockback becomes more viable too).

Finally, a self-cast Decoy Totem does wonders for defense. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 27, 2015, 10:05:27 AM
Yep, I spotted that set up in your Empress of Maladies build and gave it a whirl (get it?). It is pretty good indeed. The gameplay video will feature it with blind, but I will be going for increased duration as that does make more sense.

Gameplay video uploading estimated 20:15 (CET)
Video is up
Why not pick up the Fatal toxins nodes near acrobatics just out of curiosity? it seems like it'd be a pretty sizable dps increase for the build.
Last edited by Criaixs on Dec 29, 2015, 12:07:20 PM
Chaos damage increases both the initial hit, so the base damage of the poison and the poison itself, whereas fatal toxins only increases the poison damage.

It's a hard call. You could drop out some AoE but then that would also lower the range of your curse auras, the duration nodes would reduce the lengh of the poisons, everything else is life which you need a lot of when using a Ming's Heart...
What about bandit choise?
"
Carnoso wrote:
What about bandit choise?

Oak - Kill - Kill

You don't use charges and it's not needed to stack cast speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info