[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Whats is going to be the best option for legacy league now?

I thinking about doing a Rf build, but idk if i choose between self cast or totem's, i never played rf before and i dont have much experience with this skill.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:
Whats is going to be the best option for legacy league now?

I thinking about doing a Rf build, but idk if i choose between self cast or totem's, i never played rf before and i dont have much experience with this skill.

If you aren't experienced with it, RF totem is much easier to build. Self cast needs some quite specific gear, and balancing between resists and regen. Of course you can just follow a build guide if you really want to try self cast, but be aware you cannot level with it at all, whereas you can start with RF totem about lvl 38.
"
CoolColJ wrote:
Instead of curse on hit, Scorching ray + cwc + curses etc would be better

scorching ray doesnt procc EO or EE (without ancestral bonds) and is useless against trashmobs.

OOS with coh is way faster and effective
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Blasphemy got hit heavily by the aoe changes, we would have around this aoe now: http://i.imgur.com/xfCsAMa.png (red circle is the new aoe...)

Blasphemy reserved most of our mana before, if we drop it (which the picture tells me) its 100% free mana.

i dont think blasphemy is 100% free that pic is probably form this website that is used to compared old and new aoe changes with 2.6
http://poecraft.com/legacy/aoenerf
i think you misunderstood me ;)

the picture tells me that blasphemy aoe is so small that it tells me to not use it... which results in unreserved mana

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2017, 11:45:30 AM
"
Shame that a lvl 21 spell totem is still the best 6 link on soul mantle.

the damage is very close and depends somewhat on the gear/jewels ofc.
even if inc burning dmg would be 2% stronger... the quality bonus on spelltotem (placementspeed) is nice to have.

"
Really don't like the idea of running dual kikazaru, though it would make curse maps trivial.

Its not as bad as it seems i think.

with lvl 90 its 180 flat liferegen and the elemental weakness cap is reduced by a lot.
instead of 169 resi you would need 142. maybe add 10 for stuff like flammability, dont have the numbers on hand.

so resists on those items are not that bad with this in mind.
they enable self-flegallation for 120%+ increased damage and easy use of soulmantles up to 50% totemlife.

The biggest downside is the loss of life ofc. so not a hc option.

But lets say for a shaper kill where overcapped resists dont matter and life neither (basically oneshot by most not dodged shit anyway) and just pure dps is needed... soul mantle + kikazaru is probably the best choice the build has.

you can respecc ancestral bond, debuff everything with oos and scorching ray.
Curses do shit on guardians/shaper anyway (80% less effect), 8 stack scorching ray is stronger than two flammability + ele weakness on those ;)

"
Curse on hit does seem like the best option. Though do like at least a defensive curse on blasphemy.
But guess we could run 2 curses on hit and witchfire. Not sure how vulnerability stacks up damage wise vs ele weakness/flammability though, guess it depends on the resists.
And can keep trying to corrupt gloves.

the radius is really small now, hard to keep defensive curses on some bosses where you try to stay on range.

vulnerability adds to tukohama (node), its pretty good, but ele curses are stronger. Its also a good cwdt curse since it can stay on lvl 1 (no dot dmg increase with levels).

Asenaths gentle touch is a great item with little life and no resists, but there are often corrupted ones around with ele weakness or vulnerability on hit, even allows quadcurse with one OoS!

"
Hierophant might be back as an option

It is, played it already.

The damage is noticable lower with 3 rf totems up for packclearing, its like you loose around 2 gemlevel.

but its easy to start with (aoe gloves for rf to start is basically a free aoe gem) and enough dmg as a starter char to gear other chars.

for hard bosses the damage is too low

Edit:

added Asenaths Gentle Touch in the gear section (i love those gloves on so many builds) and removed vaal discipline from the machanic section for rf dmg enhancing effects (nerfed)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2017, 12:20:53 PM
Im a big totem fan, most play totem builds, but never used Rf before, hows the dmg if we compare with other totem builds (flame totem, Flameblast, Swt, Incinerate, Aw)?

I did a incinerate totem chieftain back in Essence, dmg was good to farm normal Atziri, struggling against t12+ bosses and the clear speed was ABISMAL even using Winds of Change.
I dont like Flame totem, Swt, Flameblast and Aw so not talking about this ones.
I have a Freezing Pulse inquisitor who does a nice damage with a ''mediocre gear'', thats 70k tooltip dual wielding some crit daggers, i was farming t14's, but needs some money to start playing with, that char was squish, i got 1 shotted in a chain t14 map and i lost a bit of motivation to keep playing totems for a bit.

Im going into Legacy hc with this build, as chieftain:
This is the planned gear with the blood magic tree:
Chest: Open, not planning to chrome a belly in the first 3 days (4/5/6 link rf setup);
Helm: Hrimnor, amazing buff received for HC (4 link coh, orb of storm, 2 curses);
Gloves: Rare one with resists (vlt, scorch ray, end cry, inc duration);
Boots: Windscream (cwdt setup);
Shield: Lioneyes Remorse (shield charge);
rings: rare ones, opal's with Anger essence;
ammy: not trying to get a extra curse in beggining, Ngamahu Tiki would be awesome but with some dex somewhere else;
belt: Doryani's Invitation, with the Remorse buff, i can use this without a lot of drawback because has no life;
weap: Doryani is the main goal, until them daresso's passion or a rare sceptre will go. (3 link searing bond setup).

My questions are:
Hows the leveling with this build at lv 38? i just link rf with the main setuo and go? Do i need to specc into something to starting use the totems? How's good is the damage in t13+ maps?
Totems for life!
"
My questions are:
Hows the leveling with this build at lv 38? i just link rf with the main setuo and go? Do i need to specc into something to starting use the totems? How's good is the damage in t13+ maps?

1. Until lvl 38 relatively slow, after a2 it gets faster, but really starts to boost in speed at 38 with the aoe gem.

place totem, run to the next pack basically. there is no mob that survives a rf totem and bosses are pretty quick, too.

2. rf + spelltotem + aoe + elemental focus is enough until red maps :p I killed atziri with just rf + spelltotem many leagues ago

3. basically in the leveling section. you want the totems to have 75 fire resi until they are fire immune (cruel lab). Totem nodes have resists (at marauder and dualtotem at the start), they have baseresists on top. Just use purity of fire and you can comfortable use rf totems.

in 2.5 and earlier it was not enjoyable without the aoe gem, but in 2.6 it might be possible after crematorium a3.

4. good, same as any other map before. ofc enfeeble + monster resist + monsterlife + whatever defensive mapmod for monsters hurts any build if they add up ;)

what only matters at that point is bossdmg, especially for guardians. Trashmobs, rares, beyonds and so on die as quickly as the totem pops rf.

5. doryanis invitation is worse than most rares :p

6. leveling til rf totems are usable can be painful. No damage nodes are aviable and most skillpoints go into life or traveling over the tree.

at lvl 12 firestorm + firestorm totem is fine, but not compareable to caster classes with damage nodes in the first 5 levels alone

7. damage compared to other builds hmmm... depends on the build. there are tons of variations between builds even with the same spell.

i recommend path of building in my useful link section, slap some items you would use in and calculate the dps and compare it to others :p

Havent played many of the mentioned builds in ages or they changed from the last time i played em.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2017, 1:21:23 PM
Thanks for the quick asnwers man, i have a chieftain with a open tree, im going to make a real quick test today to get used to rf, but im definitely going to use this build in hc legacy.

Again, thanks for the tips and guide.
Totems for life!
"
CoolColJ wrote:
Instead of curse on hit, Scorching ray + cwc + curses etc would be better

That is a pretty good idea!

It would also be great if there was a simpler way to trigger elemental overload cause now the rotation will be something like:

- Spawn totems

- Trap

- Orb of Storms

-Scorching Ray

and in bossfights you have to weave in Enduring Cry casts.

Maybe it is better to just omit Orb of Storms Elemental Overload as it is not 100 percent reliable anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info