[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:
Sweet that you had fun with the build and sad you ripped ;(

I'm rebuilding this build in SC again, preparing for 2.4. I'm looking really forward to the announced endgame changes and hard challenges/bosses. Therefore this build is very nice. Not fastest clear speed but i (will) enjoy sick mapmods and bosses.

"
Milkyslice wrote:

Currently i am building/playing a War-chief-tain, using blood magic (not needed but i want the life) with dual warchieftotems, southbound gloves to gain frenze charges and other on kill stuff, voidhearth, kaoms heart and other shit.

Warchief is a thing in 2.3 i guess. Good work !

Which build do you think is the better one for starting in a new league as a first character, RF totem or Ancerstral Warchief?

Never tried RF totem but I have played a Ancestral Warchief build up to level 90 and enjoyed it quite a bit, haven't tried your version yet tho.
"
Nanouk wrote:
Which build do you think is the better one for starting in a new league as a first character, RF totem or Ancerstral Warchief?

Never tried RF totem but I have played a Ancestral Warchief build up to level 90 and enjoyed it quite a bit, haven't tried your version yet tho.

It depends on your goals early in a league.
For day 1-2 Atziri, some mf, early vinktars square runs or similar i would go for rf totems. Its way less gear dependant.

For general map clearing chieftains seem better with the bigger overall aoe.

My version can be changed on preference, there is no need for blood magic for excample. Its just nice to have 8k+ life :p

So earlier in the game rft has the edge with cheaper gear requirement, bettwr defence due to at least one defensive curse and slightly faster speed of the totems triggering their damage.

In the lategame, with a good 6l weapon, those uniques and other stuff the warchief is better with the leech substainability, its not relying as much on curses and gets a good chunk of atk speed to move around. Everything on a higher budget
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Hey Milkyslice :)

Running your build with lvl 77 now and its very good.
Damage is nice and good defensive also.

It has so much room for customizing (items, gems) I tested so much things..

One thing was a huge improvement for me: not to use blasphemy
I have now room for arctic armour and determination (sooo good)

Blasphemy is only for smooth gameplay but its so expensive in other terms..
Build is so much stronger without it now.

Im running now 2x curse on hit with Enfeeble + Temp Chains and Ele Weakness + Flamecurse

Another thing was the elemental overload..its no fun for gameplay atleast for me..
(I always looked when that timer runs out)

Tanky Gear and my gem setup (jewels 1 self-flagellation)

Spoiler

Thx for that build ! I played my first red maps with it :)
Last edited by DiamondSnake on Aug 9, 2016, 10:10:24 AM
Sure do it how you like it the most.

For me using CoH is a big loss in clearspeed, but a gain of survivability.

EO has such a low investment that its almost criminal to not use it :p I almost never watched the timer since it only matters in high resist/curse immune maps or on bosses, but in those cases a 100% uptime is basically guaranteed.

I only use 1 totem so I can make use of EE which gives it a ton more damage. It melts bosses even uber atziri in mere seconds. And the thing is that it's a full defensive build so dying is hard. The only downside is that it's only 1 totem so map clear speed isn't exactly the best. I retired it because it got too easy. But now I'm thinking about bringing it back since GGG is going to nerf 'COC' builds. But this time I'm getting rid of the block nodes and instead go into whispers of doom. 6% less block but oh well, 1 more curse :D

Also I think this is like the secret easiest most powerful build ever. I've got a mjolner discharge juggernaut with volls devotion (farmed it with 1 totem build) and although it clears maps 10x faster, it takes 10x as long to kill bosses. I wouldn't be surprised if ggg somehow inadvertently buffed rf totems because people rather go assassin/elementalist/inquisitors. I was so shocked that they actually buffed chieftians and spell totems because I think rf totem is already insane. Why will they not touch elemental hit? I need to make use of my trypanon.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Aug 11, 2016, 10:11:20 PM
You can make use out of EE via Icetrap / lightningtrap / vaallightningtrap ;)

Its not like we need EE for white / blue / yellow mobs anyway... proccing ee via spell or trap tkes more time than killing without it.

RFT are one of the best starter builds in new leagues, especially for early bossgrinds like atziri.

OK, I just wanna say thanks Milky first of all, and share my expirience so far.
I made it to lvl 94, soon 95. It has been a joy so far. The build fits!
It`s silent but deadly.. It`s very zen.
I`ve skipped a few nodes on the skill tree (Elemental Overload).. Really, the damage output
is so high I feel there`s no need for it. Cleared all content so far, twinned t15`s, uber lab,
no uber atziri yet because no hope yet. All in all, one of the best setups I`ve played in a while.

My current gear:

Jewels are standard, %max life %totem life %area damage

My current skill tree:

IGN: VodeniZec
Why not use southbound? It gives you a lot of life, high cold res and the downside doesn't apply since you're not dealing damage. It may not be as good as a rare glove with good armour for physical damage mitigation but i think it might be worth using.

tkes more time than killing without it: U mean its faster WITH EE or without ? (confused lol)

Why we cant procc EE with Orb of storms ? Dont understand that..cant test it myself I miss EE have to level more..

I dont understand the sense of EE anyway..how is your gameplay ? Throw every 5secs a trap ?
Thats ugh..:( Or we fight always with +25% fire res on mobs and get the -50% only for bosses ?

Last edited by DiamondSnake on Aug 14, 2016, 11:39:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info