Dead Reckoning and Skeletal Mages...

Pretty sure GGG are on holiday, kicking back, drinking booze, eating cake and playing their new content...
GGG any feedback on this?
Now that you guys are back in the office, any ETA on the fixes for Dead Reckoning and Spirit Guards?
Still waiting for a fix for these jewels. 13 threshold jewels were released with 2.1, and three of them didn't work properly. One was fixed, one still doesn't work in some situations (Spirit Guards+Null's Inclination/triggers), and one is flat out useless because it can't be supported.

Shouldn't making sure the new content actually works be pretty high on the list of issues? By and large I'm comfortable with the game being rough around the edges as a consequence of how often you release new updates, but releasing new updates carries far less merit when the new content doesn't work.
"
Crocodarrel wrote:
and one is flat out useless because it can't be supported.

Once again, as has already been said, you can support it with spell echo. But that's only under the condition that you're not using spell totem. It's not exactly good, though. It seems to me like it's because Summon Skeletons already has the Spell tag, and not the Projectile tag, as to why they can't be supported by "classical" spell supports.

And that said; even if you CAN support it, that doesn't make it worthwhile. As you can only get so many mages, it's hardly worth supporting them anyways because if you're doing a skeleton summoner you're certainly going to have more warriors than mages on the whole anyways with the exception of the infinite skele mage bug.

I addressed it in my own thread in Feedback at some point as well, simply because I want them to be viable as you do. They're super cool. Unfortunately the only worthwhile summon threshold jewel seems to be Spirit Guards (as the ranged weapons are actually good; although I wasn't using Null's though it seems like a shoe-in if it weren't bugged to not recognize with triggers. unfortunately it suffers from being a dex gem so it's hard to fit into classical summoners unless you want to use a workaround with the Scion's early jewel nodes.)
Last edited by SybilCut on Jan 3, 2016, 2:46:26 PM
While you're technically not wrong it seems pointless to mention Spell Echo since it does not materially affect my point.

The Threshold Jewels were designed to make underused skills strong and appealing if you specifically build for them. It's clearly a bug that needs to be fixed.
Nick says it's on their radar that Dead Reckoning and Spirit Guards have bugs the community has identified.

It's possible they could get Greater Multiple Projectiles and such working for Skeleton Mages - it takes a good amount of programming. Note that this will apply the GMP mana multiplier to Summon Skeletons even if you unsocket your Dead Reckoning(s).

Dead Reckoning wasn't even working a week before Talisman. They got it mostly working just barely before launch. It was slated to be enabled partway through the league.

I have a level 84 witch with 4x Dead Reckoning for 12 skeleton mages on TSC. I don't think I'll hit level 90 because I die too often but I'm trying hard to get the build to work.

When you hit max skeleton mages, even 12 out of 12, the next cast summons some warriors out of necessity to get the skill to work.

They also know Femurs of the Saints is hammering performance. I plan to go skelemages + spell echo + gmp + lmp + slower projectiles + ? in a Femurs when projectile supports get enabled.
As im building a 12 skel mages for HC talisman, im kind disapointed to know about this when im almost making the change to the skill.

So for now do these work or not?

-Spell Echoo? i can summon 4 intead of 2 at a time, and mages do cast twice?
-Faster Casting? not working?
-Minion Damage?
-Minion Speed?
-Add lightining / chaos / ice ?

If any 4 of theses still work i can still build around it.

The rest of projectiles support gems its confirmed not working, as most are saying here.

"
NorrYtt wrote:
Nick says it's on their radar that Dead Reckoning and Spirit Guards have bugs the community has identified.

Spirit Guards has a bug. Dead Reckoning is flat out useless.

GGG obviously bit off more than they could chew with the 2.1 update. It's costly in the way it damages the hype for future releases. At this point I may as well assume that Ascendancy will also have major pieces of missing functionality that will sit on someone's task list for weeks until they finally release the fix, at which time I will largely be done with the league.

I've always been comfortable with a bit of indy-jank, but (and I know it isn't true) this just gives the impression they don't give a shit about releasing quality content. The lack of communication about bugs until they appear in patch notes makes it appear worse than it would otherwise.

I guess I'm pretty salty about it. I was really looking forward to doing some interesting things with skeleton mages.

Controlled Destruction, Chain, Faster Casting, Minion Damage, LMP off the top of my head. Spell Echo I actually don't want to use with them because I don't want to hinder their targeting.

Fix pls.
Still waiting for news on fixes.

I invested too much time on this build, to let it be burned on ground. As these jewels are not easy to find on the start of new leagues, i made a 84 level hero just to farm for items for this build, and now that im leveling the true build i want that is the skeleton mages im sitting at level 41 and feeling frustrated cause this jewel is broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info