Donald Trump

Fair enough.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
We were talking about economy and politics.

Economic globalism and multiculturalism go hand in hand. The first is a right-wing ideology, the second is a left-wing. Both can be good or really, really bad.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

"Multiculturalism describes the existence, acceptance, or promotion of multiple cultural traditions within a single jurisdiction, usually considered in terms of the culture associated with an ethnic group."

That seems harmless.

Sounds pretty harmless alright. When you have an economic & social system that functions as a melting pot and you allow in only cultures that WANT to integrate into your social or economic system.

But it's a total disaster when you import a supremacist religious ideology, which has it's own political and judicial system (form the 7th century, non the less). And its a double whammy disaster, when the immigrants of that particular religious ideology, are also almost illiterate, cant find jobs and have to mostly live on welfare - that other cultures inside that "multiculturalism", have to provide.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 23, 2016, 4:22:10 PM
"
morbo wrote:
But it's a total disaster when you import a supremacist religious ideology, which has it's own political and judicial system (form the 7th century, non the less). And its a double whammy disaster, when the immigrants of that particular religious ideology, are also almost illiterate, cant find jobs and have to mostly live on welfare - that other cultures inside that "multiculturalism", have to provide.

If that was your problem, what's the need to go about multiculturalism then? It's not like it would bother you if a french decides to feel french in Portugal or something.

Also, a counterpoint: you can't judge a person by its culture straightly.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 23, 2016, 4:59:42 PM
Tons of answers in the meantime and one better than the another, saved me a few lines of text.

Thank's a bunch people :)
- Best Signature Ever -
"
Tons of answers in the meantime and one better than the another, saved me a few lines of text.

Thank's a bunch people :)

Most answers didn't have anything to do with your original post anyway. Yours was strictly economical and you haven't really answered my questions.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 23, 2016, 4:48:45 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
If that was your problem, what's the need to go about multiculturalism then? It's not like it would bother you if a french decides to feel french in Portugal or something.

No it wouldn't. We already had that multiculturalism in Europe (and it worked well), way before regressive leftists started to promote immigration from specific asian, ME & african countries, whose cultures are incompatible with western style democracy.

That's the "multiculturalism" I have a problem with. (its relevant because it's intertwined with globalist politics and globalist economy).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
How do you assess the compatibility of a specific immigrant? How do you judge how compatible is something with western democracy?

Particular problem: refugee crisis in Europe. It's an emergency. There are many factors combined there and I'm sympathetic to both sides (those who want to help and those who want to be safe or feel it's going to be impossible to manage economically). I think there is a middle ground to be achieved (And US could give some help, given how they are partially responsible for that mess). Should we ignore the problem because muslims refugees are fundamentally incompatible with western culture? It doesn't seem as simple as it is.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 23, 2016, 5:53:26 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
How do you judge how compatible is something with western democracy?

You check his personal moral values and the state of civil liberties in the country that particular immigrant is coming from.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
How do you judge how compatible is something with western democracy?

You check his personal moral values and the state of civil liberties in the country that particular immigrant is coming from.

So if someone was against gay marriage, could I deport them, for example? Who makes the standards required?

(also, I wouldn't judge a person by a country; for example, not every soviet defector was a communist)
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 23, 2016, 5:57:42 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Should we ignore the problem because muslims refugees are fundamentally incompatible with western culture? It doesn't seem as simple as it is.

The particular problem of refugees is completely solveable outside the EU. The West can and should help refugees settling into countries neighbouring the war zones. There's plenty of such countries, some of them are the major driving force behind the war in Syria (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran)

The major problem of this "crisis" in EU, are the social welfare tourists from all over the place (Africa, Asia), that are exploiting the situation.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info