Donald Trump

"
NeroNoah wrote:
I think you'd like a city called Rapture, free from government intervention, where every person works for itself alone. It's under the sea, it has a nice view.

Actually i'm saving my money and moving to Panama at 30 and buy my own island. Fuck everyone. Even Donald trump
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 20, 2016, 11:16:15 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I think you'd like a city called Rapture, free from government intervention, where every person works for itself alone. It's under the sea, it has a nice view.
Interesting analysis, when the entire backstory involves a conflict between Fontaine and the established government of Rapture.

I guess what you meant to say is that, in the absence of a publicly owned government, a privately owned one tends to arise, and thus Clash of the Dictators. Probably not what Ryan predicted he'd become.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 20, 2016, 11:59:25 PM
Now we are comparing US politics to Bioshock?! God I love this thread lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Interesting analysis, when the entire backstory involves a conflict between Fontaine and the established government of Rapture.

I guess what you meant to say is that, in the absence of a publicly owned government, a privately owned one tends to arise, and thus Clash of the Dictators. Probably not what Ryan predicted he'd become.

You are totally right. It was more a cheapshot against anarchocapitalists rather than minarchists anyway. I couldn't resist, even if not necessarily accurate, :P (I guess you noticed why I did that, someone felt like Andrew Ryan)

Rapture started as pretty much no government until the shit hit the fan, then it become too much government. There was private security forces and a council if I remember well, but it was all hired services. The rest is history.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 21, 2016, 12:44:51 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Meh, too much science fiction. I'll care in some decades when it starts to happen. For now, it's somewhat too much speculation.

ATM - this is how I see it possibly happening:

1) VR devices get updated with brain scanning tech, which are under development, since that would allow all kinds of interactive gaming control that would be too expensive to produce and sell profitably.

2) Advertisers perk up at the thought of reading minds to see what people want, what they think, and how they can sell them more stuff.

3)Govt officials and academics start to imagine all sorts of "solutions" if they could just know what people think and "fix" it.

4)Draconian laws emerge for those that can't or won't allow their thoughts to be fixed.

5)We build a wall, or lots of walls, or maybe just a big hedge maze.

6)New Perandus 2 league comes out and we all have so much fun, we forget we are under mind control.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"Free your mind" takes on a while, new meaning. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Have you seen Psycho Pass DalaiLama? I think it would make for interesting long posts from you, XD

PS: If you have played MGS2 we are fucked anyway.
I think about 1940s tech than what might be coming. Nuclear Armageddon almost happened a few times a already. As proliferation continues with sworn enemies like Pakistan and India and new cold war gears up we are all just a bad decision and minutes away from being glass.

Who knows the world elite may decide to off us. Solves a lot of problems after all. Terrorism, debt, jobs, and everything else candidates talk about. Speaking of rapture - They have multi generational compounds underground to survive Armageddon most paid for by taxpayers like the nukes were. We dont.

Still think big govt is good? Might be the death of us all literally.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 21, 2016, 2:53:17 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I think about 1940s tech than what might be coming. Nuclear Armageddon almost happened a few times a already. As proliferation continues with sworn enemies like Pakistan and India and new cold war gears up we are all just a bad decision and minutes away from being glass.

Who knows the world elite may decide to off us. Solves a lot of problems after all. Terrorism, debt, jobs, and everything else candidates talk about. Speaking of rapture - They have multi generational compounds underground to survive Armageddon most paid for by taxpayers like the nukes were. We dont.

Hmm, there might be a fortune to be made (not sure we'll get to spend it, but...) Just write a detailed "Post Apoc Wi-Fi Survival" guide. It doesn't have to be accurate of course, just believable enough to sell.

The sad thing is that the one thing (well, the internet is one of a few designed for it) built to survive a nuke fest, has become so consumer glutted and over burdened that it probably wouldn't last more than a few days at best.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

That gave me a lot of Deus Ex nostalgia (although I have yet to finish that game).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info