Donald Trump

"
NeroNoah wrote:
The whole multiculturalism thing is just a red herring. The cause of humanity is more important than any puny culture. Cultural homogeneity and national identities are just weak to ensure peace, stability and welfare. Reason is what glues humanity together.

The question is not if muslims can integrate (it's obvious as it is, that a non trivial number of them won't), the question is how to facilitate integration/adapt their culture. Even if it takes decades to solve, it's a fundamental problem you can't ignore. Western countries are as guilty as muslim countries for this shitshow, no matter what anyone tries to say. Many people have forgotten the riots in France that happened some many years ago. It was obvious there were problems, but nothing was done. Until some extremist came, no one cared.

Unless you want to start the crusades again, of course. Muslims are 1.6 billions. You can't realistically expect them to be isolated from the rest of humanity.

I gotta say, this post is really naive and shows a complete lack of understanding about basic human nature. Its a long winded way of saying "Can't we all just get along?".

Humans are a warlike species, because we evolved from primates who are warlike and territorial. For example, Chimp A will smash the skull of Chimp B with a rock if he tries to get a piece of fruit out of the tree that Chimp A is in if he's not part of Chimp A's group. If you examine human history, you'll find that as a species we behave the exact same way.

For your ideas to actually be viable, humans would have to rework their DNA, because these behavioral tendencies are coded in our genome. We're primates. Forced multiculturalism only brings chaos and unrest. There might be pockets of people who buy into it and might be able to make it work on a smaller scale, but to expect humanity as a whole to buy into it is really naive. So the question I got is, what would have to happen for you to be convinced this simply cannot work on any sort of larger scale? Even in societies with forced multiculturalism, different groups of people in large part seek to segregate themselves from each other by choice. This is because we're territorial, and each group needs their safe space.

The problem with the middle east, is the west is frequently getting involved in political affairs and disputes in Muslim countries, for example the situation in Iraq, Libya, and Syria, etc is as a result of the west destabilizing these countries. These people had their safe space, and we took it away from them, and are telling them to come to our countries instead. They got a chip on their shoulder for good reason. If you're looking for a formula for multiculturalism that's guaranteed to fail, this is it. These people don't respect Western culture, for good reason, and Westerners don't respect their culture.

Europeans should be blaming the USA for the refugee crisis. It was the USA who went in and destabilized the region. Now Europe is expected to pay for the failures of US policy.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 14, 2016, 4:17:28 PM
"
Etherfire wrote:

Btw, is there a special reason why the American election process starts well over an year before the actual swearing in?

Historically, it has a lot to do with US geography. A political campaign needed time for information to get around, pre-telegraph technology. Candidates could only travel as fast as horse-drawn coaches in order to sell their platforms. As the early US expanded westward from the original colonies on the Atlantic coast the situation magnified, though the advent of railroads helped somewhat, along with more reliable rapid communications.

By the 20th Century, radio and air travel, later supplemented by television and the internet, reduced the impact of physical distances. However, by then, the political paradigm had come to make the old way of doing things the accustomed pattern. Even had anyone wanted to engage in the struggle for a Constitutional convention to change the rules, everyone was used to how things were done.

Nowadays, a crowded field like the Republican candidates who started this race practically requires all that time, though it can have strange effects on the dynamics of the election, especially if not all the candidates are actually racing to win the nomination. For example, Governor Kasich isn't in the race to win; he never has been. His campaign is a withered, vestigial organ once appended to Jeb Bush's aspirations, intended to help another Bush win the nomination by strategically hampering other candidates. Unfortunately for the weavers of that plan, Bush couldn't even carry his own weight.

Now Kasich, who failed to register in Pennsylvania, or to register an a plurality of Illinois precincts, is running simply as a SPOILER. He's no better than a griefer, seeking to hamper more viable campaigns, in order to force a contested convention. The fact that Mitt Romney is campaigning with him, but has not endorsed him, is more evidence of his status as a tool in this plan to thwart the will of the voting public. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Hilary is obviously the best candidate. She has 8 years experience (including a balanced budget) and everyone else in the running is batshit insane.

I'm a conservative, mind you. Which is kind of the point; Sanders might better represent the left, but Clinton is the candidate Republicans can vote for. And if Trump wins the nomination due to extremists within the Republican party, you can be sure a very significant minority of Republicans will be looking for a way to vote against Trump.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 14, 2016, 9:54:19 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Pissed off White males have been alienated by the political establishment for way too long

and an asshole ultra right wing populist is using it. And nobody has any idea of what he would do as a president, including himself. It´s called a protest vote and usually it´s not that harmful in Europe´s parliamentary democracies. The more serious parties will react more on the fears of the voters. In the U.S. such an idiot has a real chance to become president.

I'm not sure if you grasp the political situation in the US, but the establishment in both parties, Republican and Democrat haven't been loyal to their base. Republicans are revolting with Trump, and Democrats are revolting with Sanders. Sanders doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the Democrat primary in large part due to Hillary getting almost all the 'super delegates', who aren't obligated to go with the voters.

When you got a situation in a Democracy, when the establishment politicians refuse to follow the will of the masses, you have minor political revolts where people start backing anti-establishment candidates. That's the system working as intended. The political momentum in the USA currently favors the right. Its the reason the left is currently in complete damage control mode. They're the idiots, not the Trump supporters, because the harder the left attacks Trump, the more support he's getting, and the more solid his base is becoming. They're freaking out in a major way, and don't know what to do at this point. Trump gets a political buff every time he's attacked. The ones attacking don't understand the current political climate, and assume the tactics of yesteryear will work today.

IMO the US political system is one of the most corrupt on the face of the planet. The EU on the other hand is a straight up Oligarchy under the facade of some sort of 'unity'. At some point in the future, one of the bigger EU states, like a Britain, France or Germany is going to drop out and the whole EU will come down like a house of cards.

I do "grasp" the situation. Idiots are those, who vote for bad consequences, naturally something we can really judge after the elections. The EU needs more democratic structures. It has been destabilized by the refugee "crisis" caused by American interventions in the Middle East(hopefully not intended) and by the Russian bombings (most likely intended, Putin wants to get rid of Merkel, she was pro-sanctions). There is however a chance, it´s going to be one country within a longer period of time. I live in Germany and closed borders over a longer period of time would be an economic catastrophe, at least (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area).
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 15, 2016, 9:44:58 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
The whole multiculturalism thing is just a red herring. The cause of humanity is more important than any puny culture. Cultural homogeneity and national identities are just weak to ensure peace, stability and welfare. Reason is what glues humanity together.

The question is not if muslims can integrate (it's obvious as it is, that a non trivial number of them won't), the question is how to facilitate integration/adapt their culture. Even if it takes decades to solve, it's a fundamental problem you can't ignore. Western countries are as guilty as muslim countries for this shitshow, no matter what anyone tries to say. Many people have forgotten the riots in France that happened some many years ago. It was obvious there were problems, but nothing was done. Until some extremist came, no one cared.

Unless you want to start the crusades again, of course. Muslims are 1.6 billions. You can't realistically expect them to be isolated from the rest of humanity.

I gotta say, this post is really naive and shows a complete lack of understanding about basic human nature. Its a long winded way of saying "Can't we all just get along?".

Humans are a warlike species, because we evolved from primates who are warlike and territorial. For example, Chimp A will smash the skull of Chimp B with a rock if he tries to get a piece of fruit out of the tree that Chimp A is in if he's not part of Chimp A's group. If you examine human history, you'll find that as a species we behave the exact same way.

For your ideas to actually be viable, humans would have to rework their DNA, because these behavioral tendencies are coded in our genome. We're primates. Forced multiculturalism only brings chaos and unrest. There might be pockets of people who buy into it and might be able to make it work on a smaller scale, but to expect humanity as a whole to buy into it is really naive. So the question I got is, what would have to happen for you to be convinced this simply cannot work on any sort of larger scale? Even in societies with forced multiculturalism, different groups of people in large part seek to segregate themselves from each other by choice. This is because we're territorial, and each group needs their safe space.

The problem with the middle east, is the west is frequently getting involved in political affairs and disputes in Muslim countries, for example the situation in Iraq, Libya, and Syria, etc is as a result of the west destabilizing these countries. These people had their safe space, and we took it away from them, and are telling them to come to our countries instead. They got a chip on their shoulder for good reason. If you're looking for a formula for multiculturalism that's guaranteed to fail, this is it. These people don't respect Western culture, for good reason, and Westerners don't respect their culture.

Europeans should be blaming the USA for the refugee crisis. It was the USA who went in and destabilized the region. Now Europe is expected to pay for the failures of US policy.

The good part about free decisions is, you can be a chimp, if you want to. I´d suggest better choose a bonobo, their "social behaviour" is more fun, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo#Behavior. Others can decide to act like Homo sapiens(sapiens=smart, reasonable).

In fact throughout history humans formed bigger structures and societies: Tribe, City, Nation and so on. Right now we have a global internet and globally acting companies. I´m sure there will be one global society one day. Violence is an option and most people agree that it´s the very last option. If you´re more competitive please be so but don´t generalize.

In Germany a multicultural society exists(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Germany) and I´m really enjoying it. And as you say, it´s not the refugees fault, that they are forced to leave their home. Btw you are generalizing about cultures, basically you are saying, these cultures are incompatible, I doubt that. I´ve studied with Iranians and Palestinians @Georg-August-University/Göttingen.

There are already big communities like the Japanese in Düsseldorf, in the States you have Chinatown, little Italy or similar places, Are you telling me that´s something bad ? Or does it have to do with the picture of a violent Islam shown for whatever reason in the media ?

I don´t get it, I can only think, you don´t really experience this, whereever you live. So I think, Noah´s comment is not naive at all, more has to be done, that´s true. But the main problem has nothing to do with religion or culture, but with perspectives and opportunities, as I see it.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 15, 2016, 10:07:36 AM
"
Btw, is there a special reason why the American election process starts well over an year before the actual swearing in?

Because their constitution is an over 200 year old paper they value much.

The USA expanded from mid 18th(only east coast) century to mid 19th century, meaning electing a President needed a lot of time.

The constitution was basically only a paper to create stability for the 18th century it had no adjustments for future.

The right for was was only to defend against the British Empire.

Lifetime appointments of federal judges had the reason that people barely got over 60.

"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Pissed off White males have been alienated by the political establishment for way too long

and an asshole ultra right wing populist is using it. And nobody has any idea of what he would do as a president, including himself. It´s called a protest vote and usually it´s not that harmful in Europe´s parliamentary democracies. The more serious parties will react more on the fears of the voters. In the U.S. such an idiot has a real chance to become president.

Trump isn't the ultra right wing populist. He's actually the most moderate candidate (aside from Kasich maybe, who is a meme candidate), a lot of Republicans are saying he's not a real Republican (and one could argue that he actually isn't). If you want ultra right wing populism, look at Lyin' Ted.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Trump isn't the ultra right wing populist. He's actually the most moderate candidate (aside from Kasich maybe, who is a meme candidate), a lot of Republicans are saying he's not a real Republican (and one could argue that he actually isn't). If you want ultra right wing populism, look at Lyin' Ted.

I was focusing on Skylla, there´s also Charybdis, I think both would be a catastrophe. As I said before, at least Trump is not a religious fanatic(except for worshiping the golden calf). Which obviously does not make him a saint :-) and he´s praising both Putin and Netanyahu.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 15, 2016, 9:33:44 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Hilary is obviously the best candidate. She has 8 years experience (including a balanced budget) and everyone else in the running is batshit insane.

I'm a conservative, mind you. Which is kind of the point; Sanders might better represent the left, but Clinton is the candidate Republicans can vote for. And if Trump wins the nomination due to extremists within the Republican party, you can be sure a very significant minority of Republicans will be looking for a way to vote against Trump.

Hillary started destabilizing the middle east when her husband was in office as president. Her sense of what needs to be done versus what shouldn't be done is almost backwards.

“Libya was a different kind of calculation and we didn’t lose a single person"

Considering she was running the State Department and one of the US ambassadors was killed, you'd think she knew about it, right?

After all the grilling she got for the deaths and the coverup that it was because of a video,
you'd think she'd remember that right?

Reagan at his worst had a better 'memory' than Hillary does.

Most people have red blood cells circulating through their body. Hillary is far more likely to have these pumping through her heart:

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Trump wins Northern Mariana Islands caucus. 98% of the population there is non-white btw.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info