Donald Trump

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
. We're a bunch of rednecks here in KY, and people here were ready to get into a fist fight for Trump if needed be. What Trump needs to do next time he thinks about having a rally up in Chicago is load the biggest rednecks they can find in KY up on buses and drive them up there. I might not be the biggest badass there is, but I'm 6' 3" and 250 lbs. I think my size alone makes me a tough guy by default, and I'm with Trump 1000%.

Sound like trump is followed by intellectual minds.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"

Trump is basically saying: Others are responsible if we don´t have as much as we used to, when in fact he is perfectly representing one of these "others". He was/is exploiting people for his own profit, comparable maybe to Italian Berlusconi.

Tell me one politician not exploiting people...
Both trump and anti-trump sound like babies accusing each others while doing the same shit.

Poe Pvp experience
"
Head_Less wrote:

Mohandas Gandhi ? Nelson Mandela ? Vaclav Havel ? Aung San Suu Kyi ? Probably many more...

But what I meant is: financially exploiting people, ofc they all want to be elected, want to get some financial support(Trump is not paying for his campaign alone - ofc not, in the end he´ll have more money).

What I meant is that he is a company owner, a businessman, he is not even a politician. Sanders has shown in the past that he is a responsible human being.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 14, 2016, 5:40:01 AM
"
"
Head_Less wrote:

Gandhi ? Mandela ? San Suu Kyi ? Probably many more...

But what I meant is: financially exploiting people, ofc they all want to be elected, want to get financial support(Trump is not paying for his campaign alone - ofc not, in the end he´ll have more money).

What I meant is that he is a company owner, a businessman, he is not even a politician. Sanders has shown in the past that he is a responsible human being.

-Gandhi was weird with little girls
-Mandela killed few people (he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by MK )
-San Suu Kyi played racial card during unrest.

All Politicians are financially exploit people, Market economy is based on rich/poor war. Even Merkel exploit people. The only reason she bring refugee is not because of war but because Germany is getting older and need babies to keep being competitive in futur.

Sander is playing rich vs poor card.
His solution is not to make poor people richer but take money from already rich. He is no different because what he propose is antagonism one vs other.

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 14, 2016, 5:55:11 AM
I might look that up later, would be easier, if you could post some reliable links.

Still: I think that exploitation is Trump´s first name.

Sanders is a social democrat(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_democracy), it´s all about fairness.

"
Head_Less wrote:
Even Merkel exploit people. The only reason she bring refugee is not because of war but because Germany is getting older and need babies to keep being competitive in futur.

"
Just because she decides to let refugees in for reasons of humanity and economy (German age structure...) doesn´t make her my friend.

(page 8)

We will need some more regulation within Europe in the future when it comes to migration (climate change/wealth gap). Otherwise imo we´ll have lots of illegal migrants and/or a lot of terrorism + other violence; I guess, it´s simply necessary to either welcome migrants or really help other countries, so people will stay at home(which they usually prefer...) in the next decades. People will not ask if we allow them to come, if the pressure is high enough.

I guess, she is also anticipating this, but yes, she (still) has a broader acceptance even among more short minded people because of the age structure and the economy.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 14, 2016, 7:23:16 AM
Hey, gandhi was no saint. I'm Indian and I'm saying that. He was, however, a very, very good politician. Lots of fancy words,too.

I could go in depth of you want me to, but later.

More on topic, Sanders seems to be an acceptable candidates (haven't looked into him much yet) but it's unlikely that he becomes president. I mean, I could be completely off and trump could be the next coming of jesus/the prophet/moses/whatever, but that's probably not the case here.
Rather, his becoming president looks to be the worst possible outcome in this election.

Btw, is there a special reason why the American election process starts well over an year before the actual swearing in?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Mar 14, 2016, 2:34:42 PM
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Pissed off White males have been alienated by the political establishment for way too long

and an asshole ultra right wing populist is using it. And nobody has any idea of what he would do as a president, including himself. It´s called a protest vote and usually it´s not that harmful in Europe´s parliamentary democracies. The more serious parties will react more on the fears of the voters. In the U.S. such an idiot has a real chance to become president.

I'm not sure if you grasp the political situation in the US, but the establishment in both parties, Republican and Democrat haven't been loyal to their base. Republicans are revolting with Trump, and Democrats are revolting with Sanders. Sanders doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the Democrat primary in large part due to Hillary getting almost all the 'super delegates', who aren't obligated to go with the voters.

When you got a situation in a Democracy, when the establishment politicians refuse to follow the will of the masses, you have minor political revolts where people start backing anti-establishment candidates. That's the system working as intended. The political momentum in the USA currently favors the right. Its the reason the left is currently in complete damage control mode. They're the idiots, not the Trump supporters, because the harder the left attacks Trump, the more support he's getting, and the more solid his base is becoming. They're freaking out in a major way, and don't know what to do at this point. Trump gets a political buff every time he's attacked. The ones attacking don't understand the current political climate, and assume the tactics of yesteryear will work today.

IMO the US political system is one of the most corrupt on the face of the planet. The EU on the other hand is a straight up Oligarchy under the facade of some sort of 'unity'. At some point in the future, one of the bigger EU states, like a Britain, France or Germany is going to drop out and the whole EU will come down like a house of cards.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 14, 2016, 3:41:02 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
. We're a bunch of rednecks here in KY, and people here were ready to get into a fist fight for Trump if needed be. What Trump needs to do next time he thinks about having a rally up in Chicago is load the biggest rednecks they can find in KY up on buses and drive them up there. I might not be the biggest badass there is, but I'm 6' 3" and 250 lbs. I think my size alone makes me a tough guy by default, and I'm with Trump 1000%.

Sound like trump is followed by intellectual minds.

Are you implying the left doesn't have its own thugs? Both sides got their thugs.
"
Etherfire wrote:

Btw, is there a special reason why the American election process starts well over an year before the actual swearing in?

It lets the US voters pretend like we did our part in carefully vetting and selecting a good leader.

The only good outcome of this election will be if Bernie and Trump are the final contestants and the 2 big parties that think they have everything locked up have to reexamine their thinking.

Right now, I think anyone could become president just by changing their name to "None of the Above" and getting on the ballot.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Etherfire wrote:

Because candidates realized that if they start campaigning one day before the next guy (in a first-past-the-post system), they would get a ton more votes for less money spent.

Then, the next cycle, they realized they could start one day earlier than that even. And again. And again.

Similarly, the media knows that elections are awesome for ratings (especially once they devolve into reality TV shows), so the sooner that starts up, the better for them as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info