Critical Strike Affliction Support

Viper Strike's poison duration takes precedence; VS' Poison and Adder's Touch/etc. are the exact same modifiers after all. Note however that Poison spread through Bino's is not applied by Viper Strike and thus uses the default 2 second base duration (third question).
So, after 2.1.1b patch, I am correct in saying that poison gem wouldn't benefit from caustic arrow cloud damage? If I am doing 1000 CA dmg and my DOT does 10000, poison only gives 200 to CA not 2000?
Correct.
RIP poison after 2.1.1b
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
Whats wrong with poison now?, still works the same for me
Does it mean that if my active skill deals chaos damage on hit poison gets double benefit from increased chaos damage passives?

Gonna try it on shockwave totem or bladefall shadow, not sure if it will be strong enough though.
Есть один путь - найух!
Last edited by muxecoid on Dec 30, 2015, 2:06:24 AM
What is the rationale behind the Poison Support Gem providing literally double the benefit of Chance to Ignite and Increased Burning Damage combined?

Chance to Ignite at level 20 provides a 49% chance to ignite. Poison is 100% to be applied.

Increased Burning Damage at level 20 provides 59% increased damage, Poison provides 120% increase.

Yes ignites are bigger/longer, but can't be stacked (unless you use Emberwake, in which case Poison is about twice as big). A chaos character and a fire character with similarly reasonable Passive trees will get about the same amount of % increased damage, so why should the Poison support gem be literally twice as good as the ignite equivalents? And take up half the gem slots? That's the equivalent of providing FOUR times the benefit on a per gem slot basis.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Jan 8, 2016, 2:54:55 PM
Considering poison is 10% of the initial hit of an attack, if you pick point blank and chin sol, you'll still do quite alot of poison damage? Sure it wont effect the DoT but since the initial hit is so massive it'll still be quite worth it?
It will actually double dip because Projectile damage is one of the specially chosen damage types that double dip (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_over_time).

The whole damage over time system is garbage and needs to be redone to remove double dipping entirely. That page explains how you can turn the Poison support gem from providing 20% more DPS to providing 200% more.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Jan 12, 2016, 11:06:05 AM
"
It will actually double dip because Projectile damage is one of the specially chosen damage types that double dip (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_over_time).

It won't double-dip because both Chin Sol and Point Blank have Damage multipliers that explicitly only apply to Attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info