Critical Strike Affliction Support

"
Example:
Base damage 1000 of Area skill.
Area damage modifier +50%.

1) Overall Area damage 1000 * (1 + 0.5) = 1500.
2) (10%) 150 * (1 + 0.5) = 225 Poison.

What happens if I add for example a concentraded Effect with 50% MORE AOE damage.

It gets:
1) Overall Area damage 1000 * (1 + 0.5) * (1 * 0.5) = 2250.

2) (10%) 225 * (1 + 0.5) = 338 Poison.
3) Do these 338 poison get the 50% more damage again to 507?

Just keep nerfing poison without fixing double dipping and without regards to things like Viper Strike that was complete garbage even before the nerf.

I predict the nerf of double dipping soon without touching poison again, leaving it utterly useless. ;)
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
Example:
Base damage 1000 of Area skill.
Area damage modifier +50%.

1) Overall Area damage 1000 * (1 + 0.5) = 1500.
2) (10%) 150 * (1 + 0.5) = 225 Poison.

What happens if I add for example a concentraded Effect with 50% MORE AOE damage.

It gets:
1) Overall Area damage 1000 * (1 + 0.5) * (1 * 0.5) = 2250.

2) (10%) 225 * (1 + 0.5) = 338 Poison.
3) Do these 338 poison get the 50% more damage again to 507?

Yes. The multiplier from conc effect applies to the initial hit, and then applies again to the poison, so it will more than double your poison damage on area skills.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
hey.
how does the stacking on poisen work ?
if i have like 20 blade vortexes up and good cast speed.
is every blade vortex 1 attack ?
or does the 20 count as 1 attack ?

i mean 1 poisen stack in 1 sec wouldent be that much of an dps upgrade right ?
and the build dosnt skill any chaos or dot damage at all

im not sure why the guide supposes to skill that ?

thx
"
hey.
how does the stacking on poisen work ?
if i have like 20 blade vortexes up and good cast speed.
is every blade vortex 1 attack ?
or does the 20 count as 1 attack ?

i mean 1 poisen stack in 1 sec wouldent be that much of an dps upgrade right ?
and the build dosnt skill any chaos or dot damage at all

im not sure why the guide supposes to skill that ?

thx
Each individual stack of BV does 1 "hit" per second. So, 1 stack of poison per second for every BV stack. The great thing about BV with poison is that BV wants Skill Duration, which also increases duration of poisons. I'm not sure what guide you're referring to, but poison is usually at least a 50% DPS multiplier, and you can often get it for free by being a Pathfinder.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
With 3.0 and the poison changes the damage this gem adds is way too low. In almost all cases adding any other support gem with add significantly more damage AND deliver it instantly.
This thread is probably dead but just in case:

I love the concept but the numbers are WAY too low for anyone to ever use this gem (as of 3.16). I mocked up a pob for a character who is poison and 100% crit chance with perfect agony. This gem does not make it into a 6L even in that situation. It takes a ton of very specialized investment to get to that level and a niche gem like this should be a massive reward for making a character like that.

If boosting the numbers on it isn't good, perhaps something like giving the supported skill some base crit chance alongside what it currently does? It doesn't have to be the best support gem for such a character, even like third best is fine. Right now, it's not even 5th best (which drops it from the rotation).
Last edited by TemjinGold on Jan 16, 2022, 10:38:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info