Blade Vortex

Ive been using two setups but for short time (last league testing build for this one). Right now instead of second BV i added Orb of Storms.
"
Completed 19 ChallengesVipermagi wrote:
"
Completed 25 Challengesdragonsroc wrote:
The change to fix the bug was great. But it kind of screws the normal player not trying to abuse the bug since you can no longer have a CwDT-BV-PCoC setup if you're actually playing BV as well. I wish they came up with a different fix to the bug without killing the ability to have two different BV setups.

(emphasis mine)
The aforementioned setup is abusing the same bug. It's exactly the same exploit, just executed less efficiently. Can't have your cake and eat it too, as they say.

I... don't see how it is? I flat out do not agree with you.
If BV is supported by the exact same support gems on all skills (say, CoDT is 0 support, the cast on crit is 0 supports, and the cast on stun is 0 supports) and all blade vortex's are the same level, then even if they're from different gems, it should work. There is no exploit there, just more blade generation.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
...Yeah, if you don't use Supports, it doesn't matter. :/ Now re-read what dragonsroc actually said they were using. Note that there's a PCoC in there - I can guarantee they didn't have that in their main links.
"
If BV is supported by the exact same support gems on all skills (say, CoDT is 0 support, the cast on crit is 0 supports, and the cast on stun is 0 supports) and all blade vortex's are the same level, then even if they're from different gems, it should work. There is no exploit there, just more blade generation.
You are incorrect. The problems with Blade Vortex were not to do with supports, they were to do with using multiple instances of the skill, because each instance hit separately, but all counted your number of blades (which is technically an aspect of the character).

Using two instances of Blade Vortex at the same time dealt twice as much damage as one instance, because each instance dealt damage at the same frequency.

If you were using multiple instance of blade vortex at the same time, you were benefitting from a bug that allowed you to deal much more damage than intended.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 15, 2017 8:38:20 PM
"
Completed 1 ChallengeMark_GGG wrote:
"
You are incorrect. The problems with Blade Vortex were not to do with supports, they were to do with using multiple instances of the skill, because each instance hit separately, but all counted your number of blades (which is technically an aspect of the character).

Using two instances of Blade Vortex at the same time dealt twice as much damage as one instance, because each instance dealt damage at the same frequency.

If you were using multiple instance of blade vortex at the same time, you were benefitting from a bug that allowed you to deal much more damage than intended.

I don't get it. Or maybe I do.

1 main 6L BV
1 CWDT BV

If I had 19 BV stacks from main 6L and then single BV from CWDT pops up, it counted as 2 dmg sources, separate blade vortexes, at 20 stacks , doing dmg as if both were maxed?

If so, i am disappointed in myself to never abuse the double BV setups :(
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info