Just thought I'd leave this here

vaal summon skeletons. omg.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Interesting new Skeletons mechanic, though I'm not sure how good they'll be for damage even once they get range.

I'm still holding out hope for Summon Skeletons to be changed to a passive "Bone Armor" of sorts that does what the Skeletal Shrine buff does currently. It seems like such a great fit (works with all existing +Skeletons/%inc.Skeleton stats) and a great int-side defensive aura that can even be somewhat offensive with heavy investment.
"
pneuma wrote:
Interesting new Skeletons mechanic, though I'm not sure how good they'll be for damage even once they get range.

I'm still holding out hope for Summon Skeletons to be changed to a passive "Bone Armor" of sorts that does what the Skeletal Shrine buff does currently. It seems like such a great fit (works with all existing +Skeletons/%inc.Skeleton stats) and a great int-side defensive aura that can even be somewhat offensive with heavy investment.

Man, that's actually a really great idea... like you said makes so much sense.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Finally. Sadly they're still very slow and don't follow the player so there's a lot of mechanics that simply don't work well with them, such as convocation. There'd be a reason to have a long duration for skeletons if you could get them to move.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
pneuma wrote:

Going to assume CWDT self-damage is the source for this not being the case.

It does make sense until you look at the already present abuse tactics that can be done with this.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : agree with the convocation though...If that got added pure skeleton summoning(with vaal variant added in) would be a solid build. Perhaps to solid?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 10, 2015, 6:48:05 PM
"
Boem wrote:

edit : agree with the convocation though...If that got added pure skeleton summoning(with vaal variant added in) would be a solid build. Perhaps to solid?

Doubt it, every passive and item that adds to max skeletons also adds zombies or spectres and you'd only be wasting potential focusing on skeletons due to how much more damaging other options can be. Unless a unique comes out that gives you super skeletons but -3 zombies and -1 spectre or something then I doubt you'll ever see a pure skeleton summoner.

Queens decree would be fun though, making the skeleton duration actually matter. They'd all bodyblock eachother to be really useless of course, but it'd be different at least.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
^i have made CoC skeletons. without any other summons.

Though this was before the +2 skeleton jewel had a "reduced duration" attached to it.(in beta)

It worked very well with how gimmicky the build and items where lol.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : you can skip a lot of summoner nodes when you focus pure skeletons and that jewel. since it's more oriented around sacrificial damage then sustained army.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 10, 2015, 6:58:31 PM
I_NO, ur as fat as a whalesaur.
Dont be wet, you'll flood the planet.
Brb making a build ;)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Perhaps I shall go summoner......
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account: