Content Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes

I really hope there will be a Vaal Spark nerf before this goes live :/
"
glockenrock wrote:
RIP my level 89 Incinerate Fire Witch... :-(

Full passive reset man ;)
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
"
Kabushiki wrote:
I really hope there will be a Vaal Spark nerf before this goes live :/

Vaal Spark isnt OP at all, it was the jewels that made it that strong and spamable.
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
<3 GGG!

Thanks for all your effort in keeping the game great guys. :)
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Shock and Horror (the Torture Chamber boss), now has her totems die when she dies. Her spawn no longer create lightning storms when they die.

again, even with that that boss is still insanely op for her level. the unavoidable beam attack is complete bullshit that drains my tank's 5000 hp/es in 1,5-2 sec.

Are you serious? I found that fight quite mechanical and thus comparably easy (sure, I got destroyed by the totems all warping on me after her death, but that was my mistake). The beam is not meant to be tanked - as soon as you break line of sight to the boss, she stops the beam and you've got another ~20s to damage her. (And the pillars in the boss room are there for exactly that reason: breaking line of sight to the boss)

"
The manifesto mentioned that Point Blank's damage would go a longer range before dropping off in damage but that's not mentioned in the patch notes. Was it just overlooked or was that buff removed at the last minute?

Raising the minimum damage at max range from 0 to 50% means that the point where a projectile deals 100% damage is moved farther away from your character.
Mathematical explanation
Pre-patch point blank:
50% more damage at start down to 100% less at max range (so it scales from 150% to 0% base damage)
Assuming a linear damage decay, the damage follows a function like
damageScaling=1.5-1.5x
where x is traveledDistance/maxRange. We get damageScaling=100%=1 at x=0.33 (so at 33% of the max range)

Post-patch point blank:
50% more damage at start down to 50% less at max range (so it scales from 150% to 50% base damage)
Assuming a linear damage decay, the damage follows a function like
damageScaling=1.5-x
where x is traveledDistance/maxRange. We get damageScaling=100%=1 at x=0.5 (so at 50% of the max range)

As you can see, that's quite a substantial buff to point blank's range. One could say, the effective range (where the projectile deals at least 100% of its damage) has been increased by 50%!

sorry for not having the patience or stubbornness to try and find loopholes (only thing I could tell is that that beam has a fucking long range! more than line of sight) like pillars (wtf, I never noticed any there and how would I with all the shit you have do dodge with the totems, and also, this is PoE and not Pillars of Eternity) blocking this unique skill. cause, like I said, lack of reward for doing so!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
About time they made that change to searing bond.
Really looking forward to all the new improvements! Thanks GGG.
Will the increased mana per level be retroactive to existing characters, or do we need to reroll?
"
Psyonix wrote:
Will the increased mana per level be retroactive to existing characters, or do we need to reroll?

No, that extra mana has to come from somewhere, so every time a new character levels you lose 2 mana to pay for it.
"Added a new Unique Sword: The Goddess Unleashed"

Finally the third Goddess Sword, i feel kinda hyped about that
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Caer Blaidd, Wolfpack's Den
Kaer Morhen, witcher wolf's school hideout

btw tornado coming back cuz split nerfed by 25%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info