Content Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Important Note:
  • Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

The best part of the patch note as always.

Valued Poster saying that the rest is worthless?... It was so easy to avoid saying something stupid XD

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Well if I read correctly the slows nerfs are nerfing Whispering Ice hard. Damn, I was just about to play it in Talisman.
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Important Note:
  • Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

The best part of the patch note as always.

Valued Poster saying that the rest is worthless?... It was so easy to avoid saying something stupid XD

... BEST PART - for me too :)
"

No you don't have 2 free slots for the gems, but we are using 2 additive gems now, Pierce and culling strike. Both of these gems "Increase damage by xxx. The new gems give "More damage by xxx%" so they are multipliers not additive.

Yep I'm completely aware of the fact that the new gems have More damage keyword, but maybe you are missing the point that in order for them to be as effective, they would have to top the additive damage from pierce and what ever other gem you were using and the 42% damage reduction on lvl 20 PA.
"
Attack skills that have their damage based on the wielded weapon have their mana costs fixed in place from level 1 onwards. Increasing the level of the gem does not increase the mana cost of the skill..

Will the new mana cost generaly be based on the current mana cost (like: the current lvl 1, 10 or 20 mana cost)?
Also is this just for melee (it is located in the melee section, but worded to include ALL attacks)?
"
The Blood Dance now only gives 0.5% Life Regeneration per Frenzy Charge instead of 1%. Old copies of this unique item are unaffected.

WHY? their evasion is low and the have no resists. these were the poor man's end-game boots. why do you have to stab the poor man?
these boots where PERFECTLY FINE from version 0.11.1e to version 2.0. please give a reason for the change.

"
Volcanic Golems can now appear in maps.

pls remove. they are unrewarding to kill. many players skip them on kaoms path already.

"
New Physical Damage Spells:

why no single target spell?

"
Spell Skill Balance Changes:

thx, this looks mostly good. would be nice to have some starting skills that are also end-game viable without having a PhD in skill tree creation and effective supports gems.

"
Minion Skill Balance Changes:

meh, I like skeletons and zombies, but they need more survival.
thx for increasing SRS at low levels. hopefully they can be used for leveling now.

"
Melee Attack Skill Balance Changes:

like with the spell skill damage: nice to see the basic skills get more love.

"
Passive Skill Tree Changes:

pls fix shadow skill tree. needs more leech at lower levels

aaaand: thanks for all the bug fixes and new skills! great stuff!
Last edited by PopeJo on Dec 9, 2015, 3:05:13 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
economy? what economy. I'm not interested in this stone-age trading system and neither are 50% of the playerbase which aren't no-life masochists.

there is no spoon, and no economy in this game either.

wow, easy ,man . You can easily play as a self-find player ( It's totally doable and I am doing it now and then, maybe because I am not specifically into equipping myself with all high-end gears, or you can just call me casual ). No one is limiting any of your actions . This is a f2p game with multi choices you can make . I would say they are doing a pretty good job (best in the f2p area in my opnion).

They have stated that there will be changes to the trade system in case you are specifically into trade and comparing wealth with others. What you want will come in a similar status.

In the mean time, you can submit your request and advice to the suggestion-sub-forum.Many thanks for your time in improving the game we love.

Cheers.
very well done!
@EdenIsBack
EK <3 Minions <3
d:-D*
"
Na_Krul wrote:
"
blackjack11 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Incinerate is no longer affected by Spell Echo, as was intended in 2.0.0. Incinerate now only adds 50% more damage for each stage, down from 100% more damage. Incinerate's damage has been increased by 15% at level 1 and reduced by approximately 8% at level 20

So a ~60% nerf on incinerate while other spells get 20% buff. How could that ever go wrong and make incinerate obsolete. Aren't you tired of overnerfing the meta skills and making them underplayed and plain horrible. I won't even bother listing all the skills that had the same faith, because anyone playing the game for years on a high level know its the simple truth. Since i am a fan of the game and company i refuse to think you are doing it out of stupidity and not learning from past mistakes. I suspect you are doing to shake up the meta on purpose. Riot games level of balancing. Just sad.

"
Na_Krul wrote:
No joke, I am trying to wrap my head around the reasoning and I have got nothing.
It's cant be because of Controlled Destruction or w/e that support is.
Where else is Incinerate going to get 70% Cast speed, or even damage from?
It can't crit, and without using Controlled Destruction and RH + other stuff, it's almost 100% dead for end game.

In the current state it is 100% dead. It's a spell that can't crit, immobilizes you, has limited range and low damage now. It seems strictly worse than dozens of spells now.

I knew someone would mention controlled destruction as a replacement for echo , but considering the buff of other spells. Non crit casters will make a comeback again , especially in hardcore. All those skills can benefit from controlled destruction as well. Incinerate was too strong , but mainly because of the elreon jewellery. Dealing more damage should be a decent trade off to all the downsides the skill has. It's actually a good balance point. Having a skill be both very strong in many aspects such as damage , but very weak in others such as mobility and mana cost is a great design choice. It's really GGG's mega failure 2.0.0 mana changes that brought incinerate to it's power level. It was one of the very few playable caster skills due to those changes , and not because it costs less , but because of the elereon jewellery and the return of blood magic as a keystone. As a matter of fact incinerate is one of the most constly skills. They could have just made the skill in a way that is not affected by the elreon jewellery and it would have been balanced. I mean making the skill drain X amount of mana for every second it is channelled would have been the easiest balance change ever. I guess GGG knows this also ,but it wasn't as easy to add as a mechanic to the game. Anyway the skill is dead , thanks to the many absolutely senseless and horribly decisions GGG has made since the 2.0.0 patch.

P.S I really , don't care if it's strong or not , i'd like the skill to be playable , because it's one of my favourite.
IGG: StaySafeUBITONQQQQQQQQQ or Boretoeidiot
Last edited by blackjack11 on Dec 9, 2015, 2:46:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info