[2.1.0] [HC Talisman League] Lightshards's Essence Drain Build

Hey Guys!

This is a build that the german streamer Lightshard did for the upcoming HC Talisman League. It's a build around the new skill Essence Drain. This build is made for new leagues and is pretty cheap in terms of currency. There are two skilltree versions - one core tree and one final tree.

Gem Section:
Chest: Blasphemy (lvl ?) - Vulnerability - Temp Chains - Flame Dash(lvl 1) - FC - AA
Weapon: Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - Controlled Destr. - Rapid Decay - Slower Proj. - Empower
Boots: 2L Contagion (lvl ?) - Increased AoE // 2L: Cwdt (~40%HP) - Molten Shell (lvl ?)
Helmet: Golem - Minion HP - Zombies - Fortify
Gloves: Wither - Inc. Dura - Spell Echo - Rlly Cry/Clarity(lvl ?)

He's thinking about using a 2h Staff with +1 to socketed gems and +1 to socketed chaos gems.

Bandits:
Life - Skill Point - Skill Point

Skilltree (Lvling Trees, Core Tree and Endgame Tree)

Spoiler

20 points tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-uJP-Chzc2L3r7jLRmuBFR0WdwGZTUg==

40 points tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-uJP-Chzc2L3r7jLRmuCnCEVHRZ2dro9GwGZTUhpsm6EEszbp99eiACSqrJhSr_AfFm86WLtN42pVxt1fZ_w=

60 points tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-uJP-Chzc2L3r7jLRmuCFMqcIRUdFnZ2uj0bAZlNSGmyboQSzNun3wffXogAkqqyYUq_wHxZvOlgRD7tNaPLjalXGTC3dX4PbFLBn_IIeiELbC8HF7BiP-vDVSVGVLgceEZYOSF3y

Core Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6tz64k_4KHNzYvevujxoy0ZrghTKnCEVHRZ2dro9GwGZTUhpsm6EEszbp98H31xhqogAkqqyYUq94L_AfFm86WBEPu0185Wjy42pVxkwt3V9YB4PbFLBn_IIeiELbC8HF7BiP-k5t8NVcQKXESVGVLofLnDIHHqebEZZ1ng5IzxVd8rcwKwoUCREvE23rYyaItUg2PXaCnarIDGyMtNFirBa_JpVh4g==

Final Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6Hb6cvrc-uJMzhw0f_goc3APuPCjyRdi96-6PGjrhNZIy0ZrghTKnCKZX_o9FR0Wdna6PRk3jwGZTUhpsm6HZ_ASzNun3wffXGGqiACSqhEismFKveC_wHxZvXGs6WBEPu0185Wjy42rDbVXGOw1MLd1fWAeD2-_rFLBn_IIeiELbC8HF7BiP-k5t8NVcQKXESVGVLofLnDIHHqebEZZ1ng5IzxVd8rcwKwoUCREvAx4TbetjH0EmiLVINj12gp2qyAxsjLTRYqwWvyaVYeJVS7fW21ktqL6A8pebXaiae8MJqg==

This is by no means the final guide. He will do some adjustments to it in the near future.
His stream is really informative and you guys should check it out even tho it's german!
http://www.twitch.tv/lightshard

He will check this thread so you guys can ask questions!

Light asked me to change some things in the thread like as skill tree changes, weapon and gem setup. So i changed some aspects of the build. (09.12.2015 7:40 gmt +1)
Last edited by artesk2715 on Dec 10, 2015, 4:25:02 PM
Hello,

this build looks very promising !

As i'm not very familiar with MoM+EB+ZO builds, i was wondering how the life recovery is going to work. Is it going to (heavily) rely on recovery buff from Essence Drain + Pots ?

Would a Flame Golem work for this build or is it safer to go Chaos Golem ?

Why SP and not GMP/LMP (as you already have Wither as single target spell) ?

Also, why not selfcast Contagion ? Do we know if Contagion and Essence Drain damage can stack ?

IGN: Mynesa
Last edited by Ishtaar on Dec 8, 2015, 11:12:39 AM
"
Ishtaar wrote:
Hello,

this build looks very promising !

Thanks!

"
Ishtaar wrote:

As i'm not very familiar with MoM+EB+ZO builds, i was wondering how the life recovery is going to work. Is it going to (heavily) rely on recovery buff from Essence Drain + Pots ?

The life recovery effect from ED is the same as on a life flasks. It's a recovery effect (no leech effect). So it doesn't get converted by ZO.
ED recovery will work in my build because you have one flask up permanently. That's why you only carry instant life flasks with you to deal with burst dmg.

"
Ishtaar wrote:

Would a Flame Golem work for this build or is it safer to go Chaos Golem ?

Both golems are fine but i'm going to start with a chaos golem to be more safe. If u have a +2 helmet your chaos golem will provide +5 phy. redcution on lvl 22.
It's up to you. So if u feel safe enough go take the flame golem for more dmg.

"
Ishtaar wrote:

Why SP and not GMP/LMP (as you already have Wither as single target spell) ?

I guess you don't get the rotation..

Single Target: Essence Drain > Wither spam for more DMG.

AoE: Essence Drain > Contagion (for spread dmg) > Wither (when needed) for more DMG.

"
Ishtaar wrote:

Also, why not selfcast Contagion ? Do we know if Contagion and Essence Drain damage can stack ?

It's self casted. Its a 2x2 Link. Cwdt is not linked with contagion.

"
Ishtaar wrote:

You're welcome
Oh this is a lot clearer now, i didn't notice the 2x2 links ! Thanks again for the quick answer ^^
Why scion instead of shadow?

and how do u initially level it?
Last edited by Teyo on Dec 9, 2015, 4:15:19 AM
so you cast essence drain and after that spread it with contagion. at that point you got like 5 seconds left of spamming wither to boost the dmg of essence drain before the dot is gone. after that you cast essence drain again spread with contagion etc.

how about a wither spelltotem? that would enhance the flow of the game and you can just run around cast ed and spread it with contagion and the totem spams wither for you.

"
Teyo wrote:
Why scion instead of shadow?

and how do u initially level it?

Because i have a Fetish for my little Girl, and only play her ;)

Leveling: I will add some Leveling Tree's.
"
hhjobbo wrote:
so you cast essence drain and after that spread it with contagion. at that point you got like 5 seconds left of spamming wither to boost the dmg of essence drain before the dot is gone. after that you cast essence drain again spread with contagion etc.

how about a wither spelltotem? that would enhance the flow of the game and you can just run around cast ed and spread it with contagion and the totem spams wither for you.

Simple: You cant Link Spell Echo with Totems.

So I will have more Wither Stacks when i cast it my own.
You wont need wither for white/blues even low hp rares. Since the Damage will be Extremly High. (Only More Multiplayer's on ED)

5 Seconds only?

Please revisit the Skilltree...

Base duration on ED is 6 Seconds + 50% increase duration from Tree = 9 Sec.

Dunno why you say i "only" have 5 Sec Left to cast Wither...

Wither will mostly only be need to enhance the DMG vs Rares or Bosses, thats all.
I was looking at your final tree again and i noticed that you choosed to take projectile damage nodes (Sniper for 2 points). Is it affecting ED initial hit only or also the DoT applied ? If it is only affecting initial hit, wouldn't it be better to take Light of Divinity under ZO for the same 2 points ?

Also thanks for adding leveling tree !
Last edited by Ishtaar on Dec 10, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
Since the stream is currently offline, would anyone happen to have a video?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info