[Talisman] MoM/EB/ZO Bladefall/Firestorm Trapper HC ~WIP~

"
"
What is the future of Essence drain? Will it be useable with traps or have improved cast speed in future?

We're looking at ways we can have it work on traps if possible. It won't be able to apply healing to you, just like the Totem version, but once we're able to find a way to have it spread correctly, we'll be enabling the skill on Traps.

Back to the roots someday? :D
Hey there,

i just can agree with the others: fun way to play - and quite strong aswell :)

i've just reached 85 and totally forgot about the MoM/EB/ZO part and still it's doing pretty well. So maybe really a matter of choice.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is firestorm trap, because even though it has a 5L it does a lot less damage than fire trap. I know tooltip dps can be misleading, but in this case i feel like the numbers reflect what is really going on quite well:

Spoiler
(Firestorm - Trap - Multi Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Conc Effect : 4416,7 (with HoI/HoT))
(Firetrap - Multi Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Added Lightning : 8054,3 (also with HoI/HoT))

So i was wondering wether there is a better alternative for firestorm and i'm pretty much up for sugestions. I've been pretty lazy testing other things :p the only thing i tried was freezing pulse as single target (boss) trap but i wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

Great build! Thanks for sharing it. And i'm really sorry to hear that you RIP'd.

with friendly regards
Neon

(edited, because half of the post got lost somehow...)
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█
Last edited by _Moriarty_ on Dec 28, 2015, 4:38:08 AM
"
_Moriarty_ wrote:
The only thing that bothers me a bit is firestorm trap, because even though it has a 5L it does a lot less damage than fire trap. I know tooltip dps can be misleading, but in this case i feel like the numbers reflect what is really going on quite well:

Spoiler
(Firestorm - Trap - Multi Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Conc Effect : 4416,7 (with HoI/HoT))
(Firetrap - Multi Traps - Trap and Mine Damage - Added Lightning : 8054,3 (also with HoI/HoT))

Personally I'm feeling the opposite, I find firestorm to be my most effective trap even just on a 4 link.

Don't know if it's of any use, but over here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Firestorm
It claims that,
"
Damage per Second: Due to the complexity of estimating actual DPS of the skill including all possible factors, ingame tooltip shows only average damage per hit of one fireball, with actual DPS of the skill being considerably higher. The closest currently available estimate can be obtained by using the damage calculator.

So, you might just be noticing that the first hit from firestorm doesn't wipe stuff out as quickly as firetrap, but when it gets the time to keep on raining down over enemies it should probably overtake firetrap by a fair bit.

Also for anyone interested, pretty easily able to take out Atziri just running off a mana pot without MoM/EB/ZO
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Jan 1, 2016, 6:27:09 PM
"
Rhareg wrote:
"
"
What is the future of Essence drain? Will it be useable with traps or have improved cast speed in future?

We're looking at ways we can have it work on traps if possible. It won't be able to apply healing to you, just like the Totem version, but once we're able to find a way to have it spread correctly, we'll be enabling the skill on Traps.

Back to the roots someday? :D

That would be awesome! I thought the restriction of Essence drain not working with traps was a balancing decision rather than a technical one, interesting
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Ice Trap and cluster trap :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1551608

That could be cool
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Jan 5, 2016, 1:14:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info