[Talisman] MoM/EB/ZO Bladefall/Firestorm Trapper HC ~WIP~

"
yotmato wrote:
I died at level 89 position #27 on the ladder on a elemental weakness zana with something like 55/46/53 resists and fighting Antalie Napora.

I was massively tilted due to atrocious map rng and just bad rng in general, then on top of that I vendored my almost level 20 bladefall while doing GCP recipe which didnt help shake off the tilt at all.

This is the first time I rip in months, was just bad play and stupid decision making because of tilting.

The build is fine, squishy but glasscannon, every pack usually dies to 1 trap then you move on, I cleared maps pretty fast thats why I was top50 in the ladder, but you have to know what you are doing or you will die.

Peace.

Aww..

Love your build and at 60s now. Anyway u will tweak it ? or remains the same? Also how do you cast Hatred + HOT + HOI together?
IGN - Duck_Ya
Once you go EB you can reserve 100% with those three. You'd need a lot of ES from gear however to get decent 'mana' without running discipline.
"
Loi wrote:
"
JoeODanger wrote:
Out of curiosity, what are the advantages of trap casting BF over self cast?

Trap gives you much more damage than you would get self casting, your damage is being scaled by physical, trap nodes, aoe nodes, chaos damage nodes, DoT duration nodes, and spell duration nodes (the last three confirmed to double dip with your added poison support gem).

You also get much better single target in scaling bear trap further than you would if you included it in a self cast build. It's also arguably safer as you clear areas with one cast as opposed to 2+ that you'd do casting. You're also reflect/corrupting blood immune as your damage source is the trap and not yourself.

As for dominus running, you would be able to do it late game, maybe 85+ once you've gotten all of your damage nodes. I don't ever multibox so I don't keep up on what acceptable damage is to carry a 3-4 group.

not so much the damage I'm worried about I'm worried about being squishy and taking the hits from him but then again if the damage is super high I could kill him pretty fast
30k-40k dps kills him super fast at x4 hp I even was doing it with the incinrate build but I was only doing 7k dps and took like 2 mins to kill h I'm at 4x hp but I didn't take much damage cause that build is a tank
Did this used to be a contagion trapper build? Did you convert to this instead and why?
converted to EB/ZO/MoM at 71 at 1400 ES
works pretty well, bit low on life at the moment (around 3.5k, will have 4k in 4 lvls)
and possibly 5k when i reach 80s with better gear so

i changed gems into chaos golem+arctic armor+herald of ash for lower dps and higher survivibility, works alot better imo as shit dies in one trap anyway.. dont really think hatred is worth it when u can gain 15-20% phys dmg reduction

e: also would it be worth running acrobatics and phase acrobatics?
i could get them at around lvl 88
Last edited by ImoK on Dec 17, 2015, 10:38:23 AM
Anyone yet thought about using poison skill gem with build? how would i change the tree if i wanted to do this
Whats the DPS on the build? Also, since im playing this in scrubcore, what can i change to get more dps?
"
Super7777 wrote:
Whats the DPS on the build? Also, since im playing this in scrubcore, what can i change to get more dps?

I was oneshotting packs up to level ~77 maps, if you want more damage you will have to.... take more damage nodes! :^)
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Dec 18, 2015, 5:09:03 AM
Really fun build so far, up to around 60 ish. Just wanted to ask though is EB/ZO/MoM really needed? You seemed to be doing great in the stream video you did without it. Did you eventually go that route before the RIP? Just not sure if it's worth going for over having a little shuffle and picking up more life and ES from Melding and Hatred wouldn't seem to be that much of a loss as damage is already very high and you'd balance out the MoM loss as you're not losing all your ES on gear to produce mana.

Maybe I'm missing something, just wanted to ask before I spent any more points above 60 :) Thanks!

"
Zarasi wrote:
Really fun build so far, up to around 60 ish. Just wanted to ask though is EB/ZO/MoM really needed? You seemed to be doing great in the stream video you did without it. Did you eventually go that route before the RIP? Just not sure if it's worth going for over having a little shuffle and picking up more life and ES from Melding and Hatred wouldn't seem to be that much of a loss as damage is already very high and you'd balance out the MoM loss as you're not losing all your ES on gear to produce mana.

Maybe I'm missing something, just wanted to ask before I spent any more points above 60 :) Thanks!

Totally possible without EB/ZO/MoM, at level 85 a mana pot with chance to gain flask charge on crit can support me fine in high tier maps. Honestly, I don't feel it's really necessary at all to use them, just a matter of what you prefer.

Though I have been messing around with using just EB along with Herald of Ash+Thunder so I can wear an Infernal Mantle without the downside, and that seems to be going pretty well so far. I don't know if the Infernal Mantle is powerful enough to replace the Restless Ward, but I haven't been able to find one of those yet, so haven't been able to try it out.

But yea, extremely fun build :)
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Dec 21, 2015, 4:42:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info