Help me understanding the reasons of my failure.

Do yourself a favour and don't play melee in this game right now :P
R.I.P 4.B.
d
Last edited by Jennik on Feb 13, 2016, 11:33:03 AM
d
Last edited by Jennik on Feb 13, 2016, 11:32:50 AM
hmm cryptic
booooom!
i've seen some updates about liftingnerd cycloner, changed some gems and redo passives.

sadly my char is totally fucked up atm, can't even use cyclone cause it runs out of mana literally even with no auras or shit active.

so he leaps and dies a lot, and i don't understand why, some passives changed and it's damn RIP.

my profile it's public if someone wants to investigate bout it. ty
Last edited by metat0r0 on Aug 4, 2016, 4:32:38 AM
Maybe because you have no mana leech at all.
Not sure if it was mention before (and for some reason people ignore this over and OVER again).

CHAOS RESISTANCE!

Every single guide seem to ignore that thing, and leave people like you wondering what killed them.

Chaos damage kills people. Some people love to believe that this is not the case, but the fact remains: having -60% chaos res makes you take 5,4 times more damage compared to having 75% chaos res.
-6% chaos res is 3,24 more damage.

Yes, there are very few sources of Chaos damage, but when you run into heavy chaos damage dealing monsters, you will die VERY easily. I suspect that these are the exact moments you are dying.
Even as simple monsters as Chaos Cobras™ can overwhelmu you in melee, if they hit you few times with their chaos Incinerate.

So two options:

- Get chaos res on gear (probably expensive)
- Avoid Monsters/Bosses which deal heavy chaos damage (for now).
- Get some chaos res on gear, and flask it up with Amethyst Flask, when needed (you'll need to play slower, and be aware which monster do chaos damage)

Good luck!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Aug 4, 2016, 6:16:38 AM
"
snakesolidx wrote:
Maybe because you have no mana leech at all.

in fact i tried to trade a jewel with mana leech and melee dmg, but seems hard cause the one i have found on poe.trade for 2 c seems unreachable, the owner plays prophecy and everytime says after.

@perq. man check out my chaos res, all res are good. (+16% chaos, all 75%)
Last edited by metat0r0 on Aug 4, 2016, 12:45:25 PM
If you have a few regrets/respec points available you might try the following:

1. Try and get the wheel that includes the tireless notable: i.e. hp's + skill cost reduction. This combined with a bit of leech somewhere can help out (if you are desperate just alt a green colored jewel and get leech, if you are lucky, hp's then regal it).

2. You are connecting to the left side of the tree by passing through the 2h wheel, i.e. butchery. The passives behind butchery are not that fantastic in my opinion. You are getting 12% phys damage, 4% attack speed and a 10 str to connect to the barbarism wheel. Instead you can pay 1 passive point to connect on that horizontal highway right above the resolute technique (since you took the 30 dex node). This will save you 2 points to get something sexier - there is a start node available to you that has 16% phys and 16 base life for instance!

3. You took the juggernaut ascendancy which is fine, but in general, if I am going Resolute Technique and don't absolutely need endurance charges (i.e. discharging, but endurance charges are always very helpful in any case!) I would probably go berserker. There is a node in the berserker tree that will solve your leech problems and then you can grab the more damage multiplier there. This would let you drop the mana leech gem in your 6link cyclone setup.

4. Otherwise, your gear looks very nice/reasonable - though I am not a fan of the daresso chest myself, it is good. I would start corrupting gloves to get a nice curse vulnerability on hit pair though ;).

5. If you are feeling squishy, change over to a chaos golem.

6. The poachers mark does give you the frenzy charges which is nice, but if you do change over to berseker, maybe enfeeble might make you feel more comfortable? Worth trying out at least, and also you can always get the frenzy charges with a blood rage.

Hope these suggestions help out! I would be happy to chat in game and see how your character is working out :).
Last edited by Byzantion on Aug 4, 2016, 12:25:17 PM
ripped all the alts and 1 respec left :sad:

thanks in advice for tips, i will check em out even if i am totally bad at spec points and so on.
i don't think i will go berserker btw not on this char.

i will not corrupt gloves cause ias mod is not so easy to roll and they were quite expensive.

(saving ex for HH, 45 atm)

EDIT
if i try to remove nodes between butchery and barbarism, i can't.
cause it stops undo at the node near mace path at the left, so maybe i'll need to remove a lot of nodes at the top and after select them again. sad.

removed 10% phys dmg, dex node, frenzy, savagery nodes at right bottom.

now here comes the matter: 5 points available, pick spirit void node or tireless node?
Last edited by metat0r0 on Aug 4, 2016, 1:03:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info