Wraeclast wardrobe

If you're not opposed to revealing some of your secrets, I'd love some insight on the process behind these well-presented animated character shots. Safe to say I'm loving the border thingy you place around the character shot. It has a true Path of Exile feel, looking like a Div. Card and all.
"
Kreskya wrote:
If you're not opposed to revealing some of your secrets, I'd love some insight on the process behind these well-presented animated character shots. Safe to say I'm loving the border thingy you place around the character shot. It has a true Path of Exile feel, looking like a Div. Card and all.

First of all, none of the actual art is my work. That credit goes solely to GGG. However, I did have to adjust the divination card artwork height in order to trim the file size - of each frame - as much as possible.

The tools I used were Fraps, After Effects, and Photoshop. I'm a web developer & interface designer by trade, so I have to know some of these tools inside & out. Photoshop is mandatory, but After Effects is more of a hobby.

The process is not one I can easily explain in a forum post, but if you are interested in doing something like this, I recommend you research how one goes about animating clouds. You see it in all sorts of weather apps. Once you learn how to seamlessly loop something so fluid and organic, you will be able to loop virtually anything :)

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Jan 25, 2016, 4:11:24 PM
Bowrift GGG.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
So I finally got the helmet. The reviews - at least from what I've seen - haven't been stellar, but I'm about to change that because yes, I made it fashion forward!

Do you see his eyes!? They can pass for eyes from a distance, but eyebrows up close.

Some runway shots:

I was never a fan of the wings, but I think they are finally working for me - for once - in this ensemble.

bow?

So Kobudoway was my Wukong Era man, but he was inferior to his replacement: my RF girl. After plowing through a lot of the content with her, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about going crit Voltaxic. So in the interest of time I revised him in to my version of the build, but the character name no longer made any sense not wielding a staff. It's upsetting, I know, but in the interest of the build - and time - I needed to move forward quickly. With the help of some regret orbs, he's now holding bow and kicking ass.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on Feb 5, 2016, 12:59:29 AM
amazing work!!
I like them. I especially like how you chose to show them of. Nice smooth gifs.
IGN: Vexivian

Vexivian-Loot.filter
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405454
With Perandus coming to an end I thought I'd resurrect this thread with the primary char from the league:

Avariceary

He is a level 90 Saboteur and sporting the new Seraph dagger skin - which is awesome.

I haven't had much time to grind this league between sunny family vacations and coding stashview.com, but I did manage to play dress up again, so here he is :)

Thanks!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on May 21, 2016, 9:33:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info