Crit Voltaxic Tank Duelist

Preface

The build combines/builds on top of 2 other existing builds. I originally had this buried in Mathil’s thread but after further thought, the only similarity between my build and his is really the bow and chest socket setup - as well as the requirement of crit, crit multi, and elemental damage on gear to scale the damage.

On of the issues I feel exists with Mathil's original build is that - as it turns out - it is extremely difficult maintain all three things: high crit, high life, and capped resist. As it stands, in order to have all of those things on your remaining yellow pieces of gear, each item costs multiple exalts. The tank tree lets you offload a lot of the resistances on to the tree so you can focus on just life and DPS on the gear - and slowly spec out of those as you upgrade each piece.

The right side of the tree also assumes that you are fairly skilled in - what I would call - "manual" evasion. Players see big DPS #s and jump on "the best defense is a good offense" play style which requires a certain level of skill to achieve. You truly have to know how to run, hop, or blink to be successful. If you can do it, great, but if you can't do it, you can be left scratching your head wondering where you went wrong with all that DPS :)

I know I'm not that good, so this was my take on the Crit Voltaxic.

Crit Voltaxic Tank Duelist
for players - like me - who are not as good as Mathil ;)

This is a hybrid build between what Mathil put together and Asta's Lioneye's Archery. The purpose of this build option is to bridge the gap between an expensive build and a more budget friendly alternative, as well as finding middle ground between a glass canon and the tank.

The tank Duelist variant only needs 1 Lioneye's Fall jewel since we are not scaling phis damage and only need to grab the crit on the left side. Elemental damage is scaled by all the stuff the Templar has to offer - including more shock.

I am at 45.96% crit/336% Multi, and my gems are no where near leveled, but I'm already over 5.3k life and pretty good DPS.

Tree

This is not a Frenzy charge build, so it will inherently do less DPS over the evasion version(s), but it gives you a strength/life/more cushion option that does not require you to be as skilled in running around like Mathil :)

This tree is flexible enough as it puts you in reach of a passive or two if you want to switch things up a bit (leech, frenzy, life, crit, etc.).

If you can afford it:
crit multi heavy, more tankyness & life, much less passive res
this version further boosts your crit and crit multi

If you can afford it - with more Templar DPS:
a lot more ele deeps, a bit more passive res, less life and regen
this requires you have some int across your gear at level 90

Currently running:
more DPS, a lot more passive res, a lot less life, endurance on crit, 6 jewel slots (5 free with 1 reserved for Lioneye's Fall)

We are also really close to Iron Reflexes, so if you can spec out of some resistances and/or int/mana, you can go full armor.

Leveling

Before you can put your Ranger hat on, you will have to be who you were born to be: a Duelist. Start killing stuff with whatever melee build and skill you fancy.

Level 50-ish tree should look something like this.

Go straight up to Discipline and Training. Late game you will be able to connect to it via Catalyse, and spec out of 2 vertical passives you initially went through.

Level 70-ish when you equip your bow should look something like this.

After that start grabbing and filling in your jewel passives, and then decide based on your equipment which way you want to go. Spec in or out of int as necessary. Spec in or out of res as necessary.

Gear

If you can get it, use:

... the 'lightning damage to attacks' version will catapult your DPS along with instant leech. Combined with the Atziri Flask you get a massive bump. You can have both instant leech and lots of life regen (that Vaal pact removes) with this variant - provided that you have charges.

Jewels I use & the sort of stuff you want:

Sockets

1st 4 Link: RRRG
CWDT + IC + Increased Duration + Blood Rage
we will level Blood Rage to the max to manually cast

This build lets you run Blood Rage without taking damage since we've got enough life and regen.

2nd 4 Link: GGB[B or G]
Blink Arrow + Mirror Arrow + Increased Duration + Whatever you want
Minon buff gems work well for the 4rth

3rd 4 Link: BBBR
Herald of Thunder + Wrath + Enlighten + Purity of Fire
you will have HoT + Wrath active, but swap Wrath for Purity of Fire when necessary (like Atziri)

1st 5 Link: GGBBR
Blast Rain + Poison + Add Lightning Damage + Conf Effect + Weapon Elemental Damage
if you have a 6L, that last link use Void Manipulation

2nd 5 Link: GGGBR
Lightning Arrow + GMP + Void Manipulation + Add Lightning Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage
if you have a 6L, for farming the last link use Item Rarity (blue), for clear speed the last link is Chain (green)

Bandits

Kill all. Get those passives.

LA Tooltip

Some have asked so here it is. At the time of this screenshot, none of my gems are level 20 (some 18, some 19) and most have 0 quality. This is with only 3 frenzy charges buffed with Vinktar and Atziri flasks.

31.5K and I anticipate it will climb significantly higher once everything levels to 20/20+

This is actually a 5L tip since my 6th is IIR. I didn't have Blood Rage in at the time either.

I just level most of my gems to 20 and now releveling after 1/20 quality recipe
Here is a 42.7k tip with the 6th socket as Power charge on Crit (3 x power charges) and 21/20 LA, 17/20 void manip, 11/20 GMP, 15/20 WED, 20/6 Add Lightning Damage

Atziri Kill

Video
some brief commentary at the end of the video/run

I needed to put my money where my mouth is - as they say :) He's not ready for Uber just yet since I'm still leveling everything up (and I can use some gear with more res so I can respec for more health), but this variation has promise!

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Feb 2, 2016, 7:23:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info