Make 1500th fusing orb used auto 6 link.

"
Owwlll wrote:
"
themrpid10 wrote:
How many hours of game play at average drop rates is that to link one fricken item? It is bad enough most of the support gems cannot be used until level 35+, and only 2 slots are even capable of a 5-6 link. Freakin ridiculous how hard it is to create something that 90% of decent builds rely on.

In 400 hours you could learn a hell of a lot towards playing a musical instrument, earn 2 1/2 months of income, pass several college courses, or POSSIBLY upgrade one piece of shitty stat digital loot.

We are currently talking about trying to create an end game item here, it should be hard, damn hard! Especially when pretty much every build can do just fine with a 4L, even at level 80+.

There are so many different influences on a character in Path of Exile, learning which of these to focus on is all part of the game. A 5L/6L is probably one of the last things you ever aim for. If your build is struggling without a 5L/6L then something else is probably going wrong with your build that needs to be addressed first.

To address your concern regarding hours of play... After 1000 hours I almost had some kind of vague idea how this games mechanics worked, at around 2000 hours I was comfortable enough to theory craft and create an end game viable build by myself. Yes this game takes many many many hours to learn, and Time is something that humans have struggled to prioritize... (since the beginning of time?). If you really feel that you've 'wasted' 400+ hours, then ARPGS are probably not the game type for you....

I should add I played for around 2500 hours before I saw my first 6L that wasnt a Tabula, was dropped from a corrupt tempest so may as well have been a Tabula though!, I only found my first 6L very recently a week into darkshrine. I've never ever 6L'd an item with fusings in the total 2706 hours steam says i've played. Thats some bad RNG and a hella lotta fusings I cant even count.
While I agree with the principle of all this, I would also say that 1500 fusings for a single 6L is really steep. I can only afford to play 1-2 hours a day, and at that rate, the time it would take me to get that many fusings together is measured in years. And that's just one item: God help me if I want to have the luxury of multiple characters!

PoE prides itself on build variety, but it's massively discouraging to start a new build when you know you'll never be able to properly max it out.
This mechanic already exists. His name is Vorici. The catch is: the first 1499 Fusings automatically do nothing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Owwlll wrote:
"
themrpid10 wrote:
How many hours of game play at average drop rates is that to link one fricken item? It is bad enough most of the support gems cannot be used until level 35+, and only 2 slots are even capable of a 5-6 link. Freakin ridiculous how hard it is to create something that 90% of decent builds rely on.

In 400 hours you could learn a hell of a lot towards playing a musical instrument, earn 2 1/2 months of income, pass several college courses, or POSSIBLY upgrade one piece of shitty stat digital loot.

We are currently talking about trying to create an end game item here, it should be hard, damn hard! Especially when pretty much every build can do just fine with a 4L, even at level 80+.

There are so many different influences on a character in Path of Exile, learning which of these to focus on is all part of the game. A 5L/6L is probably one of the last things you ever aim for. If your build is struggling without a 5L/6L then something else is probably going wrong with your build that needs to be addressed first.

To address your concern regarding hours of play... After 1000 hours I almost had some kind of vague idea how this games mechanics worked, at around 2000 hours I was comfortable enough to theory craft and create an end game viable build by myself. Yes this game takes many many many hours to learn, and Time is something that humans have struggled to prioritize... (since the beginning of time?). If you really feel that you've 'wasted' 400+ hours, then ARPGS are probably not the game type for you....

I should add I played for around 2500 hours before I saw my first 6L that wasnt a Tabula, was dropped from a corrupt tempest so may as well have been a Tabula though!, I only found my first 6L very recently a week into darkshrine. I've never ever 6L'd an item with fusings in the total 2706 hours steam says i've played. Thats some bad RNG and a hella lotta fusings I cant even count.
While I agree with the principle of all this, I would also say that 1500 fusings for a single 6L is really steep. I can only afford to play 1-2 hours a day, and at that rate, the time it would take me to get that many fusings together is measured in years. And that's just one item: God help me if I want to have the luxury of multiple characters!

PoE prides itself on build variety, but it's massively discouraging to start a new build when you know you'll never be able to properly max it out.

If you try to collect 1500 fus from drops then yeah. My advice is to throw on some basic magic find that wont hurt your survivability and run unid'd chaos recipie (dried lake in merc is good, bound to find 6s too which can turn into jewlers and then into fus) then trade Chaos for fusings. Should be able to farm at least a stack of fus in a couple hours.

This is provided you actually have something well worth 6 linking, usually cheaper and easier to buy what you need. And lets face it if you are a casual player with limited time then you're going to have to trade at some point, esp if you're talking about 'maxing' a character which technically isn't even possible in POE.
twitch.tv/Owwlll
"
Char1983 wrote:
That suggestion would make the Vorici recipe completely useless and only people who are really bad at math would ever use it for anything other than fusing corrupted items. Meaning, the suggestion is bad.

If you introduce a counter, then it should auto-link at something like 3000 or 4500 fusings, not at the amount of fusings you need to insta-6link. Fusing yourself is a gamble.

The only real problem I see with the Vorici recipe is that the amount of stash space required to store 1500 fusings is way too large. Solution would be to make fusings stack to 50 or 100 instead of 20.

Yes, Vorici's bench would have to be changed for this suggestion to work. But instead of going up, how about going down? 750 fusings for 6l via Vorici's bench.

Trying to 6l something is, currently, ridiculous. Saving up 750 fusings is hard enough.

I'm going to go sulk somewhere about how unfair my 1st-world problems are now.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
Char1983 wrote:
That suggestion would make the Vorici recipe completely useless and only people who are really bad at math would ever use it for anything other than fusing corrupted items. Meaning, the suggestion is bad.

If you introduce a counter, then it should auto-link at something like 3000 or 4500 fusings, not at the amount of fusings you need to insta-6link. Fusing yourself is a gamble.

The only real problem I see with the Vorici recipe is that the amount of stash space required to store 1500 fusings is way too large. Solution would be to make fusings stack to 50 or 100 instead of 20.

Yes, Vorici's bench would have to be changed for this suggestion to work. But instead of going up, how about going down? 750 fusings for 6l via Vorici's bench.

Trying to 6l something is, currently, ridiculous. Saving up 750 fusings is hard enough.

I'm going to go sulk somewhere about how unfair my 1st-world problems are now.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
Summary: Make 6 linking random for lucky people and fixed for unlucky people.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I thought it was inferred by my original post but yeah there would be no vorci recipe if this was implemented it would take the place of it, and i only used 1500 as that is the current amount of an "auto link". Having to use 75 item slots to get the 1500 is too much.

Also it wouldn't impact the RNG when using each fusing it would give the player confidence that those fusings you have already used were not completely wasted.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Perhaps a more palatable version of this suggestion would be something like: for each fusing used on an item, the chances that the next fusing will produce a 6-link (and maybe even 5-link?) increases by some percentage of its original value.

Example: assume that the base chance of a 6-link is 0.5%, and each fusing increases the chance by 1%. Then after 50 fusings used on the same item, it would now have a 0.75% chance of producing a 6-link (a 50% increase from the base 0.5%).

So it's still random, but the more you try to 6-link the same item, the better your chances that you'll succeed.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Perhaps a more palatable version of this suggestion would be something like: for each fusing used on an item, the chances that the next fusing will produce a 6-link (and maybe even 5-link?) increases by some percentage of its original value.

Example: assume that the base chance of a 6-link is 0.5%, and each fusing increases the chance by 1%. Then after 50 fusings used on the same item, it would now have a 0.75% chance of producing a 6-link (a 50% increase from the base 0.5%).

So it's still random, but the more you try to 6-link the same item, the better your chances that you'll succeed.

You can do this by quality'n the item, it will eat the quality for a higher chance to link. Seriously though 6Ls really not that important, and 5Ls are damn easy to get these days.
twitch.tv/Owwlll
Vorici fixed most of the issues regarding s/l gamble. The purpose of this thread is lost on me. Only thing I disagree with (RNG-wise) is off socket colouring, but most people seem to be fine with it :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info