Holy shit I almost burned my card

I use nvidia :O /death claw dance
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Xavderion wrote:

So what? It shows that neither AMD nor Nvidia are safe from such terminal bugs. It was very relevant for people back then when they got their expensive cards cooked.

In general, people who are brand loyal fan-boys and girls don't know much about hardware. ;)
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
In general, people who are brand loyal fan-boys and girls don't know much about hardware. ;)

Xavderion makes a thread as a form of public service announcement warning others about a potential issue with the new AMD gpu software.

People start saying shit like "That's AMD for ya hue hue" He points out that driver issues certainly aren't relegated to just one GPU brand

And HE is the fan boy? Gotcha.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
DigitalDreams wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

Xavderion makes a thread as a form of public service announcement warning others about a potential issue with the new AMD gpu software.

People start saying shit like "That's AMD for ya hue hue" He points out that driver issues certainly aren't relegated to just one GPU brand

And HE is the fan boy? Gotcha.

I was being critical of the others. My bad if it came across the wrong way.

Edit: I am re-reading thread and I don't see how I was misunderstood, XD. Maybe I should have prefaced my statement with "There is no point in argueing with them". But, anyways, I agree with you, Xav should get props for the service and being impartial.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Nov 30, 2015, 10:41:00 AM
A good heads up for those with similar cards!

It's a good idea for ALL users, whether ATI or Nvidia to run a software that monitors temps. A good freebie is Afterburner.
I remember an Amiga 500 I had about 20 years ago that bugger actually court fire, which I had to put out with a pint of cider I happened to have by me and it still ran fine for years after lol.

They dont make them like they used to.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I would rather use AMD gpu than 4gb, oh sorry 3.5gb nvidia card...
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 30, 2015, 11:02:02 AM
I mostly used amd cards past 15 years and i have to say i had some cards that worked at 85-95d all the time, and it was their normal working temp...

Before saying you almost overheated your card check its high load working temp in the tech document.

And yes amd cards are alot hotter compared to nvidia.

IGN: Summonium
Most AMD cards have very high heat allowances . In fact running at 95 c is not as big a deal as most people say it is especial with the card you are talking about.

Defiantly not recommended to run over 90 c ever but you can get away with it , more so with AMD than Nvidia .

@ Eranicus

Yha iv had AMD cards working load after overclock at 85-95 c as well , and hold thare for years.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
SirSid wrote:
Yha iv had AMD cards working load after overclock at 85-95 c as well , and hold thare for years.

Load or stress testing? Running 95 on load is daring! GPUz stress test is always good for a few extra degrees above benches and gaming in my experience. I don't think I could stand the sound of the fan if those temps were regular :D

Edit: derrrr, occt stress test not gpuz!
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Nov 30, 2015, 12:56:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info