Holy shit I almost burned my card

New AMD Crimson drivers have a bug where the fan speed of your graphics card gets locked at 20%. My old 7970 almost got cooked, it ran at 95°C for a while but luckily no damage happened. Just a PSA, watch your fan speed while you play or better yet don't install the new drivers.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
if it gets too hot the PC will BSOD or you will get a CTD the ultimate failure is like 110c or something like that also you will get all kinds of artifacting and extreme FPS slow downs
IGN : Detrium
AMD. Nuff said.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
AMD. Nuff said.

this
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
AMD. Nuff said.

this

Sharp!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
well its called crimson for a reason
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Apart from the current driver glitches, I've found the Nvidea cards to be more reliable over the years.

I've had no end of problems whenever I built up a machine using AMD cards, and had many more call-outs to fix clients rigs with AMD than any others.

I don't know, but I would always prefer to build with other cards.

I build a machine about once a year. I purchase cards purely on price to power within a certain price range. I haven't bought an nvidia card in more than a decade. I have never had significant issue with either brand apart from me OCing. Can't really blame that on them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info