Top causes for death in PoE?

1. obfuscation of mods. "extra dmg" for example... sure how much, is this a anywhere between 1 and 1,000,000 extra dmg ?

2. obfuscation of the screen. Run with a party of incinerate, discharge, and CoC players and sooner or later you will walk over something deadly on the ground. like bearers, hatchery ground marks, or a pack of obilisks that were all but one killed 0.005 seconds ago as you walk into a insta death.

obfuscation makes fun game play right up until you are staring at the resurrect button, rewinding your stream and wondering .... what the fuck was that ?
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
#1. Strongboxes with freeze
#2. crits

I don't even open the freeze boxes anymore no matter how tempted I am, i've learned my lesson.
"
XigTek wrote:
I'd also like to take this time to honor our (mostly) fallen adversary, Desync.

May his legacy live on, as the #1 reason people claimed to have died.

I quit the game because it made most of my builds unviable. The only way to prevent it was to take skills like flameblast so you wouldn't even get into the range and the desync wouldn't be bad (and then proliferation would take care of the rest).

Desync really made the game crap. Not sure why people hate so much on 2.0, the game was unplayable before that. Melee builds weren't working at all. And for the fun of it GGG also added some invasion bosses that just killed melee characters almost instantly like Rima, Ossecati etc. That is if you weren't playing with a max block + spellblock stack.

I don't die since I play hardcore mainly but when I do it is usually to stupid shit. The most deaths I've had was trying to figure out builds for Atziri & Maligaro + Malachai in standard.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Just died to Crematorium boss at lvl99. I've done her at least 5 times before in the last week without any trouble. (Max block build with Aegis Aurora) Brought her down to to about 10% hp in a couple seconds and then all of a sudden she insta-gibbed me before I could even push my HP flask to heal. I don't know how. Flasks were up and fortify and max block Aegis with 4.8k hp and 1.8k ES.

It's moments like these that make me quit for a few months. If I knew how I died I could at least be prepared for it next time, but I don't. So about 10 hours of leveling lost in a second without knowing what happened.

Crit + rng failed block. Now imagine a non tank trying to do her solo.

End game map bosses are way overtuned and even a single damage map affix makes them a 1 shot. The only way to win is not to play.

At least dominus' lightning sperm can be reliable dodged if you pay attention to his animation. Maegera's firestorm and piety's lightning strike comes down on you instantly and even half a second of delay or hesitation means death. As for malformation piety, that is just GGG's way of kicking evasion builds in the teeth.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 1, 2015, 12:25:39 AM
Another one for steam users: Shift + Tab + Steam page crash, it happened me once and I want to change it cause i ussualy use shift to attack and missclick happens. If some steam user know how to change it it will be helpfull.
Wow, good question, i've died to really many thing in this game including:

1) storm herald (nemesis)
2) hilrake (OB)
3) PC reboot (3 times)
4) flame bearers
5) strngbox (2 times)
6) desync (1 time)
7) dungeon butus 1 shot
8) 2 times invasion bosses
9) lag
10) death by mobs due to my mistakes (the rest of my deaths)

I'd say my most is 10) cause, followed by 3) + 9)

:D

beer
"
PoorJoy wrote:
beer

fair enough...
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
When I started HC it was when exile or something just came out...they 1 shot u so freaking much! I never made it to map that season (HC noob etc)

But the other season i must say my nr 1 death is that im tired of playing the char. So I "deside" to try something hard to see what teh build can do. But I know that im going to die :)
For me personally (HC only) it is

-Corrupting blood (had 3 incinerators die to it... in a row)
-Unique mobs (Ossecati one-spanked my KB wander from the last flashback, see also Living Blood, Igna Phoenix, Daresso, etc)
-Playing tired/inebriated
Last edited by Trentemoller on Dec 1, 2015, 12:24:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info